Hey everyone some news came out about the UK's CESG review
    BlackBerry software ruled not safe enough for essential government work | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    and here
    BlackBerry 10 isn't secure enough for the British government | The Verge

here are some counterpoints

BB10 certified for US FIPS 120-4
    RIM BB10 gets U.S. government security clearance | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

BB10 certified for Germany and Nato
    BlackBerry 10 with Enhanced Security Wins Hefty Order from Germany

UK sercurity web page link CESG Guidance on use of Smartphones in Government
    one thing everyone misses about this UK security clearance is there is only one phone approved, the BB 7, no iphone or droid approved

BlackBerry's response
    �We are continuing to work closely with CESG on the approval of BlackBerry 10 and we�re confident that BlackBerry 10 will only strengthen our position as the mobile solution of choice for the UK government.�
    03-19-13 06:58 PM
    This is Guardian, they are very apple inclined. Looks like a work in progress to me. Not good enough, go back fix it, come back situation.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:22 PM
    :-( I worry for BB
    03-19-13 07:25 PM
    This is Guardian, they are very apple inclined. Looks like a work in progress to me. Not good enough, go back fix it, come back situation.

Posted via CB10
    This.
    I know for a fact that the British government tends to be distrustful of new platforms.
    If you read what they say, blackberry is their only option in mind but they won't be using bb10 yet. I think they will wait until it is more mature

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:08 PM
    Just sounds like It is'nt set up the way they want it to be nothing more.This will be worked out regardless they are using BB services so the verge are clueless.
    03-19-13 08:50 PM
    The artical is referring to elevated "restricted" security that does not apply to most civil servants. The CESG web site states that BB7 is the only mobile platform that they have certified at this level. Not really a negative for BB.
    03-19-13 11:08 PM
    The UK government will come around soon enough...If BB10 passed for US and German government usage, I highly doubt it isn't secure enough for UK government.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-19-13 11:52 PM
    @Charlesarthur the so called jurnalist wrote a book called Digital Wars and he makes it about Google, Apple and Microsoft, BlackBerry success makes him look stupid and that's why he takes a dig at BlackBerry every chance he gets.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007...bUvbUpU8157830
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-20-13 07:27 AM
    One dumb question: who else is CESG certified?
    03-20-13 07:57 AM
    One dumb question: who else is CESG certified?
    Just BlackBerry lol
    03-20-13 07:58 AM
    @Charlesarthur the so called jurnalist wrote a book called Digital Wars and he makes it about Google, Apple and Microsoft, BlackBerry success makes him look stupid and that's why he takes a dig at BlackBerry every chance he gets.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007...bUvbUpU8157974
    I've read this book - what specific bits of content within it do you take an issue with?
    03-20-13 08:07 AM
    I've read this book - what specific bits of content within it do you take an issue with?
    I'd rather wipe my arse with a tenner than spend it on his book, the description was enough.
    03-20-13 08:29 AM
    Please post points here and continue the discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...t-work-783675/
    03-20-13 08:38 AM