Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BB_Bmore
  1. GJL
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Could we get Bbm 7.0 with voice on playbook?

Hi,
    I was wondering if Playbook updated to Bbm 7.0 with voice?? could we make voice calls from it?
    Could this be RIM's party trick?
    CrackBerry Genius

Almost certainly not, most likely we won't see bbm on the playbook until bb10 turns up.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

The Video Chat application would very likely work. Only the audio part that is.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Could we get Bbm 7.0 with voice on playbook?

Since the QNX version of BBM is being written in Cascades, it will require BB10 to work. Once BB10 comes to the PlayBook, it is possible.

It would be interesting if they updated the PlayBook's Video Chat to work with BBM Voice. Hopefully Video Chat will work with BBM Video once BB10 hits the market - that could tie people over until BB10 arrives on the PlayBook.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
  5. GJL
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    Almost certainly not, most likely we won't see bbm on the playbook until bb10 turns up.
    I have Bbm on my playbook? or you mean Bbm 7?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GLindeque View Post
    I have Bbm on my playbook? or you mean Bbm 7?
    I think he means Video/Audio Chat, the application that's on the playbook already. BBM via bridge.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I've tried calling my phone from my playbook and it kind of worked surprisingly (in audio mode of course). The ringer on the playbook was ringing while connecting to the phone, however, the phone couldn't answer the call. It would be great if there was some workaround that makes it possible for further bbm integration between the device. No doubt , BB10 will be able to do that with BB10 for PlayBook, but it would be so cool to be able to have it working for the current BB 6 through 7.1 devices!

BlackBerry By Choice #BB10Believe
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

If this is the case, why then was there bbm on internal builds of the 2.1 beta? Clearly they have it running on Playbook 2.1 for months at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    Since the QNX version of BBM is being written in Cascades, it will require BB10 to work. Once BB10 comes to the PlayBook, it is possible.

It would be interesting if they updated the PlayBook's Video Chat to work with BBM Voice. Hopefully Video Chat will work with BBM Video once BB10 hits the market - that could tie people over until BB10 arrives on the PlayBook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Could we get Bbm 7.0 with voice on playbook?-img_00000139.jpg  
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Could we get Bbm 7.0 with voice on playbook?

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    If this is the case, why then was there bbm on internal builds of the 2.1 beta? Clearly they have it running on Playbook 2.1 for months at least.
    I would say that they probably were working on it at some time, but abandoned it to put more effort into the BB10 version. What they have been showing at the BBJam has been promoted as being fully developed in Cascades.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".