i was told i have a corroded port and there is nothing they can do for it, unfortunately i did not purchase insurance but even if i had that was going to be an additional cost when to the best of my knowledge this phone had not gotten wet, the clerk told me that this could happen just by being in your pocket, if so that is pretty poor design in my opinion...help i have already put enough money into this purchase, which was just in december
    07-23-09 08:47 AM
    Whoever told you that, has no business being in contact with the public.

The USB port contacts are Gold. Gold is used because it does not corrode, ever.

There is a solder connection inside, it is possible to break that connection, but it does require substantial torque forces, not the sort of thing that can happen in your pocket.

Are you able to charge through the USB port? And are you able to make a data connection?
    07-23-09 09:29 AM
    Yes, are you not charging? Or making a connection at all (via PC)?

Haha- the "ever" comment made me laugh! But true nonetheless...gold does not corrode. I suppose the contacts could have gotten some sort of debris or something to cause it not to make connection, but even then, they're tiny...

How did they arrive at corrosion?
    07-23-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD