But is this the biggest and most covered tech event ever? Every time I turn around, there's another site with an article on BB10, there's another news channel with some sort of commentary, there are channels announcing "exclusive" interviews for just after the launch, there are entire segments dedicated to RIM..... This seems to be massive!!!!

Now I don't live under a rock but, at the same time, haven't plugged into the scene for quite a while. I say correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't recall this level of media romance for any tech platform, ever. I know Apple got attention, and for obvious reasons, for their launches, but this just seems.... bigger some how...
    01-30-13 12:19 AM
    I cannot correct you sir
    cjcampbell, G-bone and jesse_h like this.
    01-30-13 12:20 AM
    I would agree but I have no idea if that is true or it is selection bias.
    I definitely didn't talk to anyone about the previous platform launches.
    01-30-13 12:28 AM
    And you know what? It's all about, "not getting lost in all the noise of the holiday season..."
    Crazy? Like a fox!
    Some call it a delay, I call it waiting for the noise to die down and then dropping the bomb...
    Thorsten should come out and say, " We are a communications company, and we have ways of making you talk! "
    No! Not really...but maybe he should say to the media, "You make me laff...I kill you last. "

Okay, so I haven't been sleeping much lately...

#BB10Believe
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-30-13 12:36 AM
    I would agree but I have no idea if that is true or it is selection bias.
    I definitely didn't talk to anyone about the previous platform launches.
    You're right, it very well could be bias. I just make comment because as I watch the news morning and night, I can't recall this kind of media attention in the past. Like I said though, I could very well be wrong.
    01-30-13 12:37 AM
    Go easy on the hyperbole. Every tech site is covering it because there's precious little else to talk about right now. Just enjoy it for what it is.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-30-13 12:41 AM
    It does seem like it's getting more coverage than other events, but if you think about it, what makes better coverage than a Fly or Die moment in history for one of the biggest tech company in Canada. Either way I feel like people will be referencing this moment in time 10 years from now
    01-30-13 01:36 AM
    it is big forsure.

the recent apple events still get hype. But they are just going though the motions. every one knows the same old apple routine. people have gotten sick of it and its starting to show in reduced demand and not meeting targets of iphone sales. ipad screen orders slashed. Stock price ***** COLLAPSE**** and such.
    01-30-13 01:49 AM
    Everyone involved in this one (I'm counting us with the RIM folks as well, hehe) seem genuinely excited about this. I have no grounds to correct you!
    01-30-13 08:44 AM
    hard to say, its certainly big though. I dont know anyone personally that is talking about it though, just online stuff. That might be where apple gets a little more coverage since everyday people know about those events sometimes
    01-30-13 08:49 AM