Where I work, we have a blackberry server and use BES to do all the e-mail, calendar updates, etc. However, they've decided that they no longer wish to pay for the licenses to add any more people on the server. We use Outlook on our computers for e-mail, and can use webmail online if we're away from our computers.

Is there anyway to set it up so e-mails can still be sent to the blackberry without being on the corporate server? Kind of like with gmail perhaps? I've read about the blackberry redirector, but that requires the computer to be left on, but I'm looking for a way to do this automatically. Is there any solution, or in this scenario does one have to be on the server? The phone would be a 7100i.
    Last edited by TechJunkie; 03-25-08 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Missing information
    03-25-08 02:58 PM
    If the server has OWA you can set up the email in BIS
    03-25-08 03:08 PM
    What's OWA?
    03-25-08 03:28 PM
    outlook web access.
    03-25-08 03:34 PM
    Would this be the same as using webmail to check our e-mail?
    03-25-08 03:53 PM
    It could be.
    03-25-08 04:01 PM
    Likely if you can use a web client to check you outlook mail then you are set. Works almost as good as BES, slight lag sometimes and no calendar or address book uipdates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 11:13 PM
    i have tried setting up my OWA email from work to my bb, and i can never get the settings to allow it to work.

and neither can any form of tech support
    03-26-08 06:40 AM
    I used to just autoforward messages to my blackberry bis email account. I could screen out the junk mail too.
    03-26-08 07:08 AM
    I checked, and sure enough, it is OWA that we use from remote computers. I'll have to give it a try when I get the chance (won't be for another week or so, though. I'm already on the server myself, but there are a couple of guys here that went and bought a blackberry, then got told they can't be put on the server. At least, not until several people get taken off first, because there are about 7 or 8 people ahead of them on the list I guess). I did find a website with some instructions, but when looking briefly at my phone to see what needs to get done, the instructions don't quote correspond 100%, so I will probably be back for help again soon. Thanks for the replies! Any other help is still more than welcome. haha
    03-26-08 07:15 AM
    When you set up the account, (same place that you set up other bis email) just make sure that in the user name field you enter the domain name then your email, "Doma\[email protected]". Then enter your login password and you should be good to go.
    03-26-08 07:52 AM
    I also wanted to do this and tried setting it up through bis. The problem I had is after setting everything up I would get a mesage saying that it could not connect check address or the server is busy. I did this a couple times and I did check the address and it went right to my owa. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 09:17 AM
    I too wanted to get my work email on my personal BB without hooking up the company BES. I put in a call to my IT department and they walked me through it. To my surprise, all I had to do was key in my work email address and password like any other POP email, and it worked! No special settings, no domain information given, nothing. And when I am invited to an appointment, it shows up in both my BB calendar and outlook at work. I can also send and receive email through my work address just like any other email. The only problem I have run into is when appointments get updated, they do not update in my BB, and there is anywhere between a 2 - 5 minute delay, but that's not that big of a problem.
    03-26-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD