Merry Christmas to you all - I hope you're enjoying the holiday season and time w/ loved ones.

I received a CoolMIR keyboard yesterday. The OTA drivers installed fine, the necessary permissions were changed (Keystroke Injections) and the program set to 'CoolMIR ON'. From there, the keyboard should just work. However, it doesn't. The green indicator light on the keyboard is on (steady, not blinking), but keystrokes don't register on the phone.

Has anyone had experience with this keyboard & the new OS and managed to get it to work?

Of course, I have contacted the company, but they're on Christmas break until Jan. 5th. In the meantime I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Respectfully,
    Deacon Jacob Maurer

Running: Blackberry 8820 from AT&T on BB OS 4.5.0.110
    Last edited by computerslayer; 12-26-08 at 11:53 AM.
    12-26-08 11:12 AM
    For those who might still be interested, I spoke with a couple different representatives of Man & Machine Inc this week. The essential run-down is that they acknowledge that the keyboards do not currently work with Blackberry OS 4.5. The changes in the OS are such that the current firmware of the keyboards is not compatible.

Happily, they are working on new firmware which should be available in the next couple of weeks. They are maintaining a list of people to sent notification to if you are interested in finding out when that happens.

When the new firmware is released, owners will need to send their keyboards to the company in order to receive the update. I was assured that the normal policy of charging for this service will be suspended, as this problem affects pretty much everybody.

Also to the credit of Man & Machine, I would like to point out that their representatives were very friendly, prompt in returning my messages and even connected me with their tech support to explain the issue. Stay tuned for further information or contact them yourself for more news as it comes.

Respectfully,
    Deacon Jacob Maurer
    02-04-09 05:09 PM
    I received an e-mail from Man-Machine today - the update is now available for the CoolMIR keyboard. I'm sending my keyboard in this week and will let you know how it works afterwards.

Peace!
    - Deacon Jacob Maurer
    05-06-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";