Converted my first DVD last night and it took me over 3 hours. I'm guessing I took the " scenic route " in the way I did it . Here's the method I used... and if there is a faster way..PLEASE let me know.

First I used ANYDVD to remove the encryption..... then I used HANDBRAKE to convert the DVD to mp4 format.....then I used BB desktop manager to load the video onto my media card.

Not sure if it matters but the DVD I converted was 1;58 mins in total .

Please if there is a faster one step method to do this , let me know

11-25-08 09:42 PM
    Not really a faster way. Usually depends mostly on the speed of your PC and DVD drives .. Takes me about the same to rip DVDs on my PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 09:55 PM
    Ok...wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong .

Thanks for the quick reply
    11-25-08 10:05 PM
    Ok...wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong .

Thanks for the quick reply
    usually I save my ripping and encoding to start right after i'm done with my pc for the evening...It's not a task for the impatient.....
    11-25-08 10:09 PM
    usually I save my ripping and encoding to start right after i'm done with my pc for the evening...It's not a task for the impatient.....
    Yeah... I learnt that the hard way last night . Didn't figure I'd get a good copy if I went on the net while converting so I just bit the bullet and did something else .

11-25-08 10:16 PM
    MP4 will give you the best quality/size ratio, but it also takes the longest to encode. If you don't mind sacrificing a little quality or having a slightly larger file in exchange for a faster encode, you can choose Xvid AVI format instead of MP4.

From the handbrake wiki:
    http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportFAQ#howlong
    (apparently, I can't put links in posts yet)
    11-26-08 08:30 AM
    Hmmm. I have put a few DVD's on my Curve, but I don't recall having remove encryption...

I used Handbrake on my iMac running Leopard. I just opened the DVD in Handbrake and converted to MP4. Round trip from disc to berry was a couple hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD