This is your big chance

I am an iphone user looking at new phones. This is your chance to bring another to your masses. I dont know anyone who has a BB and dont trust sales blurb.

Please provide helpful advise as to the benefits of ditching my i(phone)
    05-19-09 11:04 PM
    Depends on what your priorities are. What's most important to you and what you like most and least about your iphone. BB may or may not be right for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:08 PM
    Decide which phone has the features and form factor you desire
    and get it. It really is that simple.
    05-19-09 11:09 PM
    Is there a finder's fee for converting you? If not, I pass... Do your research. BB's sell themselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:21 PM
    i like the form of both (theres alot of bbs to choose from)

So many bbs its confusing at times

I could go for a or b of course but thats not the point of my post.

I was hoping for something along the lines of .....'my bold is ace because...' etc etc

If the origional post is to inane for you to offer helpful suggestion....dont

I just want some helpful advice other than that of a store
    05-19-09 11:21 PM
    I guess i don't see why would should try to convert you. All you have to do is use the search function and search anything that you want to know. You should research, and find the pro's and con's by yourself to develop your own opinion...THEN ask a question like this after you present what you have found.
    05-19-09 11:23 PM
    Do you text a lot on your iPhone and find the touch screen frustrating? That's the #1 reason in favor of BlackBerries for me.

BBs are more work oriented. They're better suited for email, PIM type tasks, anything serious. There's plenty of fun to be had on a BlackBerry, but mostly for geeks. (Hardly any games unless you have a Storm, which would be a dubious "upgrade" from an iPhone.)

The iPhone is better suited to entertainment type usage, such as web browsing (I love my BB, but the browser is crap next to Safari) or games.

There's some other factors also. iPhones have zero user serviceable parts. BlackBerries have batteries you can swap in the field, and devices running OS 4.6+ can take up to a 32GB Micro-SDHC card.

Also, no UMA on the iPhone (or any other 3G device, including the BlackBerry Bold). Several BB models with Wifi support UMA, such as the 8320 or the 8900. UMA is a *GOOD FEATURE*.

Oh yeah, and while my BlackBerry Bold is great for music, the media player needs more work when it comes to videos. Sync issues really grate on me.
    05-19-09 11:26 PM
    i like the form of both (theres alot of bbs to choose from)

So many bbs its confusing at times

I could go for a or b of course but thats not the point of my post.

I was hoping for something along the lines of .....'my bold is ace because...' etc etc

If the origional post is to inane for you to offer helpful suggestion....dont

I just want some helpful advice other than that of a store
    And therein lies the problem. I could tell you all the reasons why I like
    my phones, and a hundred other people can do the same, but we are not
    YOU, therefore the things we like or think are important may not be to you.

No one can convert you. You have to do your own research and get there
    on your own.
    05-19-09 11:28 PM
    ok will do

thanks
    05-19-09 11:34 PM
    Pic the carriers that you can use where you live, then pick two or three BB's from the carriers line of BB that they happen to sell/support.

Then decide on what features you MUST have out of the box, and then which apps you MUST have and can't live without.

If you must have GPS that of course rules out any BB that does not have it. If you must have a camera that has 3+ megapixals, that rules out most of the BBs. So make a list of what you have to have, and then go from there.

This is your big chance

I am an iphone user looking at new phones. This is your chance to bring another to your masses. I dont know anyone who has a BB and dont trust sales blurb.

Please provide helpful advise as to the benefits of ditching my i(phone)
    05-20-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD