Okay, my BB8800 has arrived. It is unlocked. It is branded for Cingular, but I am using TMobile. Is there a way for me to get their wallpaper and software on it. So that I can have my fav 5 wheel, etc?

I downloaded their latest software upgrade on the TMobile site, but that didn't do it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Susan
    05-18-07 07:19 PM
    Are you saying you loaded the T-Mobile O.S. on the device? Did you remove / delete the vendor file? If not, it probably did not work properly.

With regards to MyFaves, apparently, it's all based on your account, and since you have it on your account, go to the website, and refresh them. That should send a text message to your device...
    05-18-07 07:49 PM
    Well I am not sure if it is the OS, actually I know it wasn't. Just the Desktop & handheld software - new releases from TMobile. Anyone know where I can get the OS to load on here and how to install it correctly. I saw a thread earlier with this info and links, but not for the 8800 TMobile software.

Thanks!
    05-18-07 08:06 PM
    Okay I got it to work. I am good to go now. The only thing I would like to change is the image when it's loading the browser. It still says Cingular there, I am sure I can create a graphic and have it use that one. Anyone know which file I need to pull up to edit that file name?

Thanks

Susan
    05-19-07 12:23 PM
    If you have a TMo phone number you can get the TMo OS here:

TMo Software

Here are the instructions:
    Download the OS to your PC.
    Install the same file you just downloaded.
    Delete the vendor.xml located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (this is required only if the OS and the BB are not from the same carrier.)
    Connect the BB and run Desktop Manager.

If the OS on the BB is older than what is installed to the PC it will prompt you to upgrade.

Also, the Blackberry.alx file can be edited so that all vendor themes can be installed too.

The MyFaves info is loaded with all OS's regardless of carrier. I have 4.2.1.94 (not a TMo OS) loaded on my BB 8100 (and don't even use My Faves) but I still have the net_rim_tmo_five.cod in the list of modules. If you are stil missing MyFaves then try going to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >Select Register Now.

Edit: Guess I took too long typing. Glad you got it working.
    Last edited by John Clark; 05-19-07 at 12:33 PM.
    05-19-07 12:31 PM
    Okay I got it to work. I am good to go now. The only thing I would like to change is the image when it's loading the browser. It still says Cingular there, I am sure I can create a graphic and have it use that one. Anyone know which file I need to pull up to edit that file name?

Thanks

Susan
    The Cingular splash screen will always be there. Sorry.
    05-19-07 03:25 PM
    This post is frickin awesome!!! I bought an AT&T Pearl, and thought I was gonna have to send it back because I couldn't get the myFaves on it. But it showed right up after I chose the t-mobile theme. And my MMS is finally working.
    09-24-07 07:39 PM
    Will this, if not is there a way, to remove the sim lock?
    05-01-08 04:34 PM
    Will this, if not is there a way, to remove the sim lock?
    No, but this thead does discuss unlocking for a new SIM card.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...ructions-1292/
    05-01-08 05:54 PM
    The MyFaves info is loaded with all OS's regardless of carrier. I have 4.2.1.94 (not a TMo OS) loaded on my BB 8100 (and don't even use My Faves) but I still have the net_rim_tmo_five.cod in the list of modules. If you are stil missing MyFaves then try going to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >Select Register Now.
    i got the tmobile unlocked with rogers and i love the the zen theme

So if i understood, you need to register to get the my five wheel?

Rogers also have my five and i would love to use the wheel.. Any way to get it?

If i go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table .. i do not have Select Register Now....

i dont know if i have the net_rim_tmo_five.cod ?
    05-01-08 08:37 PM
    FaBerry, i think you need to unlock the theme code for Rogers, the net_rim_tmo_five.cod is for t-mobile users only.
    05-02-08 01:22 AM
    FaBerry, i think you need to unlock the theme code for Rogers, the net_rim_tmo_five.cod is for t-mobile users only.
    thanks for your response.

i didn t know there are theme codes..... where can i find that?
    05-02-08 07:05 AM
    Hello. I have followed the instructions:
    Download the software from tmobile
    Deleted vendor file
    Launched the Desktop manager
    ...and I still can't get the wheel for the fav five. After I deleted the vendor file....I recieved and error message"Intellisnyc Unknown Error Reported"
    Does anyone have a solution?
    I have an 8310 Curve that was purchased through At&t and switched to Tmobile
    11-25-08 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD