I am about to do a reinstall of my OS (2977), because of some problems with the phone and contact apps (won't allow me to change settings - BB tech suggested that).

Before backing up my Z10, I spent days fixing my contacts. Mainly repairing them, getting rid of duplicates and unlinking them.

I have also uninstalled FB for now.
    My question is, after I have reloaded the OS and my backup, how do I reinstall FB without allowing it to link to my local contacts? Why would anything "link" if I don't ask it to?

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    08-03-14 08:34 AM
    Normally, when you sign in to Facebook for the first time, you will get the option to not sync contacts with Facebook. I'm not sure, but I would assume that there is an option not to.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:04 AM
    Normally, when you sign in to Facebook for the first time, you will get the option to not sync contacts with Facebook. I'm not sure, but I would assume that there is an option not to.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Restoring data now. Will try later.

Posted with my Q10
    08-03-14 09:47 AM
    I believe there isn't an option. I give props to ios for giving the option, I can't believe BB won't. And your right! It's so buggy, I've got duplicate links, dupe pictures, won't let me edit the name at all! Really a pity

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:59 AM
    I might just not have FB on this phone for now. My contacts are all cleaned up. (I have over a thousand so it took forever). I don't want FB infecting them again!!

Posted on my Q10 or Z10
    08-03-14 02:13 PM