Hello all,

I have upgraded to an 8900 from a Helio Fin phone. I used a program "PCLink PRO" that Helio provided to sync my contacts from my samsung fin to my PC and I saved it as a .csv file in my Documents.

How do I transfer my contacts to my Blackberry using that .csv file? I have more than 500 contacts and I need them transferred.

I also uploaded them to google just in case there's a way to sync from Google to Blacberry..

Any help would be appreciated.

(BTW I tried to transfer all my contacts via bluetooth from the fin to the BB but it always fails)

Thanks.
    04-13-09 01:42 PM
    The easiest option in my opinion would be to import the CSV into Outlook (or Windows Live Mail) and then sync to the BlackBerry with BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

You can also use Google Sync.
    04-13-09 06:34 PM
    I used Google Sync but now I have another problem. The program I used to save my contacts to .csv messed up. I can't really explain how so here's the screenshots. Notice there's no mobile number, instead it's saved under "Contacts 1"

So now when I want to dial someone on my phone, it won't work.

Heres what it looks like when I open it through Excel

And here's with GMAIL:

04-13-09 07:58 PM
    Open the CSV in a text editor and see what you see.

It looks like Excel is trying to display the number since it's 10 digits in scientific format.
    04-13-09 08:02 PM
    Okay, Here's what it looks like when I open it from Microsoft Word.
    04-13-09 08:12 PM
    I heard of a program called "BitPim"..

should I try it or will it do the same thing?
    04-13-09 08:15 PM
    So, have you tried importing that to Outlook? You may have to play around with the field mapping to make sure that they are mapped correctly.

I do not think that BitPim works with BlackBerry. And there's no need to because it's easy to get the data in as compared to other devices.
    04-13-09 09:17 PM
    best option is to write them down on a piece of paper and then manually insert them..
    04-13-09 11:14 PM
    best option is to write them down on a piece of paper and then manually insert them..
    This seems a little impractical for the OP since they said that they have over 500 contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 11:46 PM
    That is my LAST resort.
    04-13-09 11:54 PM
    So, have you tried importing that to Outlook? You may have to play around with the field mapping to make sure that they are mapped correctly.

I do not think that BitPim works with BlackBerry. And there's no need to because it's easy to get the data in as compared to other devices.
    How do you import that to Outlook and why would I need to do that?
    04-13-09 11:55 PM
    How do you import that to Outlook and why would I need to do that?
    To import the file to Outlook click File from the menubar, then Import and Export. In window that comes up select Import from another program or file. Click next and then select Comma separated Values (Windows). Click next and browse to the csv file that you obtained from your old phone. Make sure that Do not import duplicate items is checked and click next. Select the contacts folder that you want to import to and click next. Then select Map Custom Fields and make sure that each item from the csv file is mapped to the correct field in the contacts. You can create new mappings by dragging the column title to the desired field. Also any previous mapping of the same column will be replaced with the new if you do this. Click ok then finish. Now your contacts are in outlook.

By importing your contacts into outlook you are able to edit the fields in a more organize manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 12:50 AM
    I don't know how to use field mapping.. what does it do?

And I don't see my phone numbers when I imported them to outlook.
    04-14-09 01:14 AM
    You might want to remove the pics that show peoples names and phone numbers... or at least blurr that portion of the pics.

People sometimes get funny about having their numbers posted publicly.
    04-14-09 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD