If i am not mistaken in my searches, in the past few years, depending on which Blackberry there were ways to get the contacts to the SIM card (for the most part they are usually on the phone itself , the BB, right)

Well,I believe the ways depended on which BB

Well, now I am getting a new BB, I sold my curve, I have ALL my contacts on my Outlook, NONE on my sim card and wanna know how to get them there for the next week or two while I wait for the new phone and for future reasons.

Is there a way

Again, from what I think I read somewhere in the past, I think I am in trouble with that whole contact / sim card thing AND the putting the contact thing ONLINE is trouble. Correct

I know that is a MOUTHful Can someone shed some light

I would appreciate it
    Eric
    03-02-09 11:30 AM
    If you have all your contacts in Outlook, there's no reason to put them on a SIM. Just synch the phone to Outlook and copy them all into the phone's memory. Outlook stores much more data on a contact than the SIM card can take, and the BlackBerry's memory can hold many thousands more contacts than will fit on a SIM. If you want to put the contacts on a SIM, you have to do it one contact at a time, after the contacts are in the phone's memory.
    03-02-09 07:24 PM
    Jeff is correct. Bear with me here, what I think your asking is can you get your contacts onto a sim card so you can use another phone while waiting for your new device? If you have your contacts you can export them as .csv and import them to gmail if you use that. To get them on a sim card...other than taking it Tmo I have no idea.
    03-02-09 07:32 PM
    If you have all your contacts in Outlook, there's no reason to put them on a SIM. Just synch the phone to Outlook and copy them all into the phone's memory. Outlook stores much more data on a contact than the SIM card can take, and the BlackBerry's memory can hold many thousands more contacts than will fit on a SIM. If you want to put the contacts on a SIM, you have to do it one contact at a time, after the contacts are in the phone's memory.
    Jeff , this confused me a little. I am talking about a regular phone while waiting for another BB. Now let me go on and read the next post.

thanks so far guys/gals
    03-02-09 08:32 PM
    And for the last post we are getting somewhere

export them as a csv
    import them into gmail
    get them onto the sim card in Tmobile somehow? Well, that is the big problem then isn't it. we are at step one LOL
    03-02-09 08:34 PM
    Couldn't of said it better! I wouldn't go a day without a BB tho!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD