50.00 DOLLAR REWARD!!!!!

I Purchased a new BlackBerry Storm about 10 days ago and I�ve been on the net ever since looking for a simple address book application that I can run on my desktop and then transfer my contacts to my BlackBerry.

Is there such a thing? All I have is an old phone with about 200 names and numbers on it and I would like to purchase an address book where I can re-enter all those names and upload them to my new BlackBerry Storm.

I�m not looking to convert an existing database, because there isn�t one to convert, and I don�t need or want a program that will allow me to collaborate with thousands of people or anything like that. Just a basic program that allows me to enter a few things like a persons name, street address, email, phone number city, state, country ect, ect. It does not need to walk my dog, baby sit my grandmother, bake me an apple pie, or anything else.

I will pay the first person 50.00 Canadian if they can point me in the right direction to a program like this.

P.S.

I�m serious about the reward.
    06-28-09 11:29 PM
    You can use outlook, MissingSync (Mac too)

You can import contacts of outlook by synchronizing your blackberry storm Microsoft Outlook. Follow the steps given below to synchronize it:

* Install the Blackberry Desktop Manager Software
    * Run Blackberry Desktop Manager software
    * Connect your Blackberry device with computer
    * Click on Synchronize option
    * Check the Synchronize organizer data check box
    * Click on the Configuration tab
    * Then click on the Configure synchronization button
    * Select all data check boxes according to your preference
    * Select the program that stores your data on your desktop computer by selecting the data
    Last edited by Venc; 06-28-09 at 11:38 PM.
    06-28-09 11:35 PM
    Does it have to run on your desktop? In addition to those mentioned above, you could set up a Google Gmail account, add all of your address book information in the contacts section, and then use Google Sync to get it to your BB. This would give you a little more portability.
    06-28-09 11:36 PM
    Do you have a Mac or a Windows PC?
    Lol @ the quick responses.
    06-29-09 12:04 AM
    LOL I know I'm a poor college student

So any winner???
    06-29-09 12:07 AM
    You can almost smell the burning of finger ends as they type frantically, each determined to be the first person the click submit ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 12:09 AM
    Lol, 50 canadian dollars is like, $3 USD. Whatever happened to using the search feature without having to bribe people for an answer.

06-29-09 12:12 AM
    You can almost smell the burning of finger ends as they type frantically, each determined to be the first person the click submit ;-)

I guess I broke my computer as I was first LOL
    06-29-09 12:13 AM
    lol why give away money? im sure people at cb would help either way
    06-29-09 12:16 AM
    Lol, 50 canadian dollars is like, $3 USD. Whatever happened to using the search feature without having to bribe people for an answer.

Could be wrong but...the last I heard the Canadien dollar was worth more than the US dollar
    06-29-09 12:22 AM
    I agree. People here will help without the promise of monetary rewards/compensation.

06-29-09 01:00 AM
    Haha .. the quick responses ..
    and 50 cad makes 43 usd
    06-29-09 01:46 AM
    Well it would appear that Venc is the winner. Thank You for that information.

Since I have not made the required number of posts to this forum I have no way of contacting you to pay you your bribe, I mean reward. Perhaps the Forums Moderator could assist us?

As for the user named Fabuloso it should be said that you are not doing yourself, or more importantly, your country any favors with you’re display of arrogance in reference to your 3.00 comment. Furthermore one could easily assume that you are an intelligent person based on the number of posts that you have made, however evidence so far would suggest that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness. I am referring to the part in your post that suggested that I had to bribe people for an answer. I don’t know about you but up here in Canada we were taught the correct meaning of the word “Bribe” in grade three, perhaps you haven’t reached that point yet? So, in the most likely event that you do not own or know how to use a dictionary, I have looked up the meaning of “Bribe” in the US based Merriam-Webster dictionary for you.

BRIBE:
    money or favor given or promised in order to influence the judgment or conduct of a person in a position of trust

All is not bad however as you did manage to prove once again that light does in fact travel faster than sound, that is to say that you appear bright until we hear you speak. So in the future I am sure that the rest of the people in this forum as well as the rest of your country would appreciate it if you would stop laboring under the delusion that you have something intelligent to say.

As for the rest of the people that posted I thank you for helping. All is working well and I’m starting to figure out how these new smart phones work.

Cheers,

Presto2012
    Last edited by Presto2012; 06-29-09 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Grammer Error
    06-29-09 03:26 AM
    "BURN!!!" rotf lmao!!!
    06-29-09 04:11 AM
    LOL fabuloso....you got PWNED! You're gonna need some ice for that BURN! XD
    06-29-09 04:28 AM
    Well it would appear that Venc is the winner. Thank You for that information.

Since I have not made the required number of posts to this forum I have no way of contacting you to pay you your bribe, I mean reward. Perhaps the Forums Moderator could assist us?
    Our currency conversion rate and handling fees would probably be excessive
    06-29-09 06:31 AM
    As for the user named Fabuloso it should be said that you are not doing yourself, or more importantly, your country any favors with you�re display of arrogance in reference to your 3.00 comment. Furthermore one could easily assume that you are an intelligent person based on the number of posts that you have made, however evidence so far would suggest that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness. I am referring to the part in your post that suggested that I had to bribe people for an answer. I don�t know about you but up here in Canada we were taught the correct meaning of the word �Bribe� in grade three, perhaps you haven�t reached that point yet? So, in the most likely event that you do not own or know how to use a dictionary, I have looked up the meaning of �Bribe� in the US based Merriam-Webster dictionary for you.

BRIBE:
    money or favor given or promised in order to influence the judgment or conduct of a person in a position of trust

All is not bad however as you did manage to prove once again that light does in fact travel faster than sound, that is to say that you appear bright until we hear you speak. So in the future I am sure that the rest of the people in this forum as well as the rest of your country would appreciate it if you would stop laboring under the delusion that you have something intelligent to say.

Cheers,

Presto2012

This from the obviously well educated individual who couldn't figure out how to use the search feature and spent $50 on a free solution.......
    06-29-09 07:27 AM
    This from the obviously well educated individual who couldn't figure out how to use the search feature and spent $50 on a free solution.......
    :-) (10 char)

06-29-09 07:38 AM

Could be wrong but...the last I heard the Canadien dollar was worth more than the US dollar
    It could be more, but most likely it's a little less, last I looked 1 dollar canadian was about 90 cents american, so it would be more like 45 american. (I just looked it up the exchange rate is .87 C = 1.00 US)

To the OP, your provider should have a machine (I forget what it is called), that connects cell phones and transfers the contacts. You probably should STILL get a desktop PIM, but your provider can probably save you a LOT of time by transfering your numbers from the old phone to the Berry with this machine.
    06-29-09 07:39 AM
    It could be more, but most likely it's a little less, last I looked 1 dollar canadian was about 90 cents american, so it would be more like 45 american. (I just looked it up the exchange rate is .87 C = 1.00 US)

To the OP, your provider should have a machine (I forget what it is called), that connects cell phones and transfers the contacts. You probably should STILL get a desktop PIM, but your provider can probably save you a LOT of time by transfering your numbers from the old phone to the Berry with this machine.
    Just to ease your mind PK it is called a Cellebrite.
    06-29-09 07:45 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD