Due to a crashed blackberry, I had to get another one from AT&T warranty center. BBM was already installed, but it was the old version, so I updated to 5.0.1.38 from app word. Mysteriously, all of my contact profile pictures fail to show up, and when I try to do a restore it says "please try again later. You are currently being registered with the blackberry messenger service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes." Well minutes has turned into hours. What happened? I really rely on this feature because my friends are constantly changing their BBM names and I don't know who's who.

How can I restore the contact profile pics?

Btw, I'm running OS 5.0.0.602 on the Blackberry Bold 9700
    09-18-10 08:48 PM
    Ahh! Same happened to me, kinda. I upgraded to the leaked .938 OS for the BlackBerry Bold 9700, & BBM was a older version. So after I downloaded the updated one, most of ppl's pics are missing & won't update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 09:13 PM
    I have the same problem. I just upgraded to a Bold from Verizon..and what do you know NO BBM contact pics! I've upgraded to the newest version...waited for 36 hours and still no pics!
    09-21-10 02:49 PM
    Ah! I had the same problem as well. Doesn't seem like anyone knows how to fix it. Strange.
    09-22-10 04:31 PM
    RELAX! This is a RIM issue, none of us have any control or a solution to it. Just wait and have patience.

09-22-10 06:04 PM
    I figured out how to fix mine, no thanks to AT&T's awful wack customer service but idk if it will help anyone else. Before I switched devices I did a backup with the desktop manager. Once I got the new device I did a restore only to the BBM application. This put the version that was on my old phone back on my device, then I was able to restore my contact list and the profile pics were there. However, looks like there's an upgrade even with the old version restored--colors and style are different, etc. If anyone has done a backup they can try restoring the BBM app back to their phone. Doesn't seem like RIM is in a rush to fixing the latest version.

09-24-10 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD