I'm very new to this. Started working for Rogers about a month ago, and decided to pick up a Pearl Flip for cheap. I never thought a phone other than an iPhone could integrate so beautifully with my Mac. I was so wrong! This has been pure joy all the way.

Since using PocketMac to sync my address book to my Mac, I now have more contacts than I ever had on my old "non-smart" phone. LOL. I've been playing with the contact book, but I'm wondering if anybody has any quick and dirty suggestions to put "certain" contacts near the top of the list?

Thanks!
    05-18-09 02:18 PM
    I'm very new to this. Started working for Rogers about a month ago, and decided to pick up a Pearl Flip for cheap. I never thought a phone other than an iPhone could integrate so beautifully with my Mac. I was so wrong! This has been pure joy all the way.

Since using PocketMac to sync my address book to my Mac, I now have more contacts than I ever had on my old "non-smart" phone. LOL. I've been playing with the contact book, but I'm wondering if anybody has any quick and dirty suggestions to put "certain" contacts near the top of the list?

Thanks!
    I don't think this is possible with the regular contacts list that is part of the OS. The only way to sort your contacts is by first name, last name or company. I would suggest using the filters option if you rather have certain contacts show on your device when needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 02:36 PM
    Kinda of a ghetto fix, but you could place the letter "A" in front of the contacts name to get them higher to the top of the list.

very ghetto i know lol
    05-18-09 02:58 PM
    How about a numeric ramking, I mean rating, I mean sorting scheme?

Preface the name with 01, 02, 03 etc. Ends up looking like 01_Jane Doe, 02_Suzy Smith

05-18-09 09:50 PM
    I know exactly what you mean. This is what I've worked out for my bb, and I've actually come to like it better.
    All of the important ppl are put at the top of their "first initial" list by doing this- H*Home or B*Big or whatever th name may be. This makes it so when I open th address book & press M th first thing I get is M*Mom.
    Works like a charm for me. Takes some getting used to, but its actually better than th old phone * system I used to use. Good luck!

05-18-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD