I'm curious what people are doing about entering their contact children's information into their BB. I changed a field at the bottom of the parent's information called "User 1" to "Children" and I put their names in there. However, I'd also like to be notified when their birthday comes up. On another instance I just created another contact with the kid's name and then put the birthday in there so it went on my calendar as a reminder (even though they are only a week old...)

Thanks,
    -Chad
    09-06-08 01:08 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Chad.

You are using v4.3xx device OS, that included a number of updates to Contacts.

There is a field for birthdays and it will carry over to your Calender. Scroll down past the addresses and highlight the Birthday or Anniversary fields. Use the pop up calender to enter the date.
    09-06-08 01:48 PM
    This is added in the 4.3 os? I am using 4.2 waiting to upgrade to 4.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 01:51 PM
    This is added in the 4.3 os? I am using 4.2 waiting to upgrade to 4.5

The OP has a 8330 which does ship with v4.3xx and includs the improvement to Contacts.

Those improvements are included in v4.5xx upgrade package, making it more suitable for personal use as opposed to Business Only.

09-06-08 04:02 PM
    Oh ok. Thanks for the reply. I will be upgrading to the 4.5 soon as ATT offer the release.

09-06-08 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD