I just started entering the birthday's in the BB contacts app. When the date comes up, is there type of notification?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 05:02 PM
    No there is no notification that I have seen since using this.

07-28-10 05:09 PM
    I haven't seen one either. You can mark it in the calendar and one will pop up if you set you set it up to.

07-28-10 05:30 PM
    Set a reminder for any period of time before their Birthday. A week, month or days. It's up to you.
    07-28-10 06:44 PM
    The only birthdays that come up are through facebook, unless you make events for all of them
    07-28-10 07:03 PM
    I just set a couple of contacts' birthdays for today (as a test) and the notification(s) came up instantly. But I don't recall seeing them in the past. I could "open the series" (set for "annual") or "open the occurrence." But I didn't have many set, so it's possible I never noticed it before.
    07-28-10 07:50 PM
    I just set a couple of contacts' birthdays for today (as a test) and the notification(s) came up instantly. But I don't recall seeing them in the past. I could "open the series" (set for "annual") or "open the occurrence." But I didn't have many set, so it's possible I never noticed it before.
    Now you've peaked my curiosity, I'm going to give it a try as I didn't think it'd work
    07-28-10 07:57 PM
    When you add a birthday or anniversary, it will automatically add an event to your calendar using your default reminder settings. You can manually change the reminders later if you like.
    07-28-10 08:51 PM
    When you add a birthday or anniversary, it will automatically add an event to your calendar using your default reminder settings. You can manually change the reminders later if you like.
    The thing I've noticed is that default reminder shows up, but the event doesn't show up on the calendar in advance. How do I access each birthday event in advance? I would like to set different reminders for the various birthdays.
    07-28-10 08:57 PM
    The thing I've noticed is that default reminder shows up, but the event doesn't show up on the calendar in advance. How do I access each birthday event in advance? I would like to set different reminders for the various birthdays.
    I set my calendar to Agenda view and located each birthday throughout the year. I then opened the 'series' of each birthday and anniversary and set the reminder to 1 week.
    07-28-10 09:08 PM
    I set my calendar to Agenda view and located each birthday throughout the year. I then opened the 'series' of each birthday and anniversary and set the reminder to 1 week.
    I tried in agenda view, but I still don't see them there.
    07-28-10 09:37 PM
    Ah, I take it back ... I think I just saw some of them. Thanks for the tip!
    07-28-10 09:41 PM
    Agenda view is a little easier to deal with if you set your 'Show Free Time In Agenda View' to 'No'. This way, all you'll get for entries are your scheduled events.
    07-28-10 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD