Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ichat
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Constant spam from SRID Games - No way to unsubscribe?

I'm not sure what I clicked to deserve spam from SRID games but I must get a dozen a day in my email. Any idea how to unsubscribe or the website to tell them to quit?
    "So Cybil, how many of you are in there?"
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,460 Global Posts

Im sick of this too. The company that makes call recorder app keeps sending me junk mail. When you click on unsubscribe it takes you to a screen with two fields. Email and pin. I check which email address they have and enter it, my regular one. I check my pin and enter it. Every single time when i press enter it says "sorry, technical problem, you cannot be unsubscribed at this time. Please come back later". Well i came back later and it always tells me that.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

In universal search, type "application management", and go to the search result under options. Then click on each offender app, followed by edit permissions, and set Connections>Internet and >WiFi to Deny.

Of course, if your app requires the internet to work, setting these permissions to deny will break it.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 , Passport (coming soon!)

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Performed the app check in App Mngt and I have no apps or games from SRID games. What a PITA.
    I just recalled that on my previous Torch I had a Blacklist app I paid for. I'll have to figure out how to reinstall that and then I'll use the Blacklist for that sender.
    Thanks!
    "So Cybil, how many of you are in there?"
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    In universal search, type "application management", and go to the search result under options. Then click on each offender app, followed by edit permissions, and set Connections>Internet and >WiFi to Deny.

Of course, if your app requires the internet to work, setting these permissions to deny will break it.
    Changing permissions doesnt stop emails. Im not exactly sure what you were trying to do here
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Constant spam from SRID Games - No way to unsubscribe?

You can blacklist the email through your email settings.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (12-10-2012) 
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,286 Global Posts

Yeah, set a filter if you can't unsubscribe. What a pain, sorry
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Changing permissions doesnt stop emails. Im not exactly sure what you were trying to do here
    Yeah, I guess in this particular case it may not be that helpful, now that the dev already has the user's email address(es). But it does help if you set unnecessary permissions to deny immediately post-installation, before running the app for the first time. If the app can't transmit your information (email addresses, for example), the spammer won't have any addresses to spam.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 , Passport (coming soon!)

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,662 Global Posts

you should be able to blacklist them through your email provider.

I'd recommend complaining to RIM, they may delist SRID games.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default find this app

I tried to find this app and i did it- it's pocket dictionary. However, it can be in your case other app. Find what app it is in option "application managment". The producer of spamming app is SRID so search for producer.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am one other victim of Srid Games abuse and torture. I have over a month with my BB torch disconneted to radio, or wi-fi because I shifted to Z-30 (touchi-touchi) and every day my inactive BB Torch sends an email itself of this bug Srid Games. Please help. Ferdy.