Here's one...most people seem to have no issues with their GPS on their berries, but I have not one, but two problems getting consistent GPS signals.

I have a Pearl 8130, and my fiancee has a Curve 8330, while I sometimes get a signal, she has never picked one up. We can have them both sitting outside in a clear day, mine might pick up a GPS signal, hers definitely won't. I have used my 30 day trial of TeleNav, and even opening that to the point that it asks for the payment and just using the end button to get out of it doesn't always work in bringing the GPS up anymore, like the phone realized what I am doing.

I had google maps for a while, but it didn't help it pick up the GPS signal anyway. Any help on this?
    01-10-09 10:23 PM
    Alltel appears to require you to use TeleNav in order to enable the internal GPS. This thread predates Verizon's unlocking of the internal GPS in their devices, so it may not be correct any longer, but it fits your description: http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/alltel-8130-gps-40856/
    01-10-09 10:44 PM
    Alltel appears to require you to use TeleNav in order to enable the internal GPS. This thread predates Verizon's unlocking of the internal GPS in their devices, so it may not be correct any longer, but it fits your description: http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/alltel-8130-gps-40856/
    I think Verizon only unlocked the storm, and that's at a best guess, pretty sure they have everything locked down still and the apps require signing.
    01-10-09 11:49 PM
    Verizon unlocked the internal GPS for use with bbmaps and vznav on all their BlackBerries running OS4.5. As of this writing, I don't know of any other apps that have been able to take advantage of the unlocking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 11:53 PM
    I have already gone through my 30 day trial of TeleNav, and like I said, it works sometimes.

I guess I'll just wait until the Alltel OS becomes Verizon OS
    01-11-09 03:18 PM
    Verizon unlocked the internal GPS for use with bbmaps and vznav on all their BlackBerries running OS4.5. As of this writing, I don't know of any other apps that have been able to take advantage of the unlocking.
    You sure they just didn't give RIM a key to add into the BB maps app?

If that's the case they really didn't unlock anything, and have been spewing misinformation ever since.
    01-11-09 07:51 PM
    I guess I'll just wait until the Alltel OS becomes Verizon OS
    You install any OS by any company as long as you delete the Vendor.xml file after you install the OS, but before you run desktop manager, otherwise you'll brick your phone and need to re-do it again

You can use any OS from any carrier as long as it's for the same model as your phone.
    01-11-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD