My wife and I both have phones on Verizon's family plan. We have voice and text messenging. We are on month 5 of a two-year contract. I am considering purchasing a Pearl 8130 and adding Verizon's BB plan. The BB plan is an additional $30 per month. I don't have an issue with that. What I do have an issue with is the cost of the phone. The rep at the Verizon store said the best he could do was offer me the 8130 at the one-year contract price of $370 and I could get a $50 mail-in rebate. So, the phone would cost $320. Has anyone been able to get a better price for this phone, and if so, how? Any advice is greatly appreciated! If I could get the phone for around $200 I would sign up today. Thanks.

Mike
    11-29-07 09:57 AM
    I've been heard that contacting Verizon via their customer service and tell them you're having an issue with the price of the phone, and it's about to force you to switch providers. I've heard some stories of others getting really good deals.

Put your game on, and give it a go.
    Goodluck.

P.s. If you can't get a good deal and you still wind up purchasing your Pearl 8130, you'll quickly realize that it's well worth the money. You'll see. But, try your best. .
    Last edited by teranceh; 11-29-07 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo. Yeah, they happen.
    11-29-07 10:03 AM
    I agree with teranceh, give customer service a call and plead your case noting the purchase of the phone and data package. If it doesn't work take a look at eBay. Heck, if you are going to have to shell out the big bucks, you may as well do so on your own terms.
    12-01-07 01:54 PM
    that definately is a good way to go. but if you end up having to purchase it outright it really is a great device.
    12-01-07 02:33 PM
    "If you end up"?? When you do is what it should be!
    12-01-07 04:08 PM
    I was lucky...I was up for new every two so I got it for $299 less my $100, less the $100 advance device credit, less a $50 mail-in rebate, so I got mine for $50! FINALLY, the timing worked out for me. It is well worth it; I know I spent $400 on my first E815 and then almost as much on a Razr because I just had to have them when they first came out...only the BB would be worth that much. Good Luck!
    12-01-07 06:27 PM
    I just upgrade to an 8130 8 mos before my contract was due with verizon. I paid $249 and then a $50 rebate so $199.00. I did sign back up for a 2 yr contract. So far, I am happy with the phone. It takes some getting used to, but It does has alot to offer.
    12-05-07 11:49 PM
    I just upgraded with 8-9 months left on my contract and got the 8130 for $130. I don't know what the girl at the booth did (I stopped by to play with it before I bought it on line) but I was pretty happy with the deal! I did have to sign a new 2 year contract but I knew I'd have to anyway to not have to pay full price.
    12-06-07 11:37 AM
    I just upgraded with 8-9 months left on my contract and got the 8130 for $130. I don't know what the girl at the booth did (I stopped by to play with it before I bought it on line) but I was pretty happy with the deal! I did have to sign a new 2 year contract but I knew I'd have to anyway to not have to pay full price.
    Congrats on your new 8130 and for the $130 price...especially without having to sign a two-year commitment. Crackberry is the best place to look for support or just to see whats happening with BB. I love mine, but must admit I still like the "MultiTap" system better...but with the 8130 we can do it either way. Enjoy your Pearl and welcome to the forum.
    12-06-07 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD