12-06-07 11:50 AM
- My wife and I both have phones on Verizon's family plan. We have voice and text messenging. We are on month 5 of a two-year contract. I am considering purchasing a Pearl 8130 and adding Verizon's BB plan. The BB plan is an additional $30 per month. I don't have an issue with that. What I do have an issue with is the cost of the phone. The rep at the Verizon store said the best he could do was offer me the 8130 at the one-year contract price of $370 and I could get a $50 mail-in rebate. So, the phone would cost $320. Has anyone been able to get a better price for this phone, and if so, how? Any advice is greatly appreciated! If I could get the phone for around $200 I would sign up today. Thanks.
Mike11-29-07 09:57 AM
- I've been heard that contacting Verizon via their customer service and tell them you're having an issue with the price of the phone, and it's about to force you to switch providers. I've heard some stories of others getting really good deals.
Put your game on, and give it a go.
P.s. If you can't get a good deal and you still wind up purchasing your Pearl 8130, you'll quickly realize that it's well worth the money. You'll see. But, try your best. .
Last edited by teranceh; 11-29-07 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo. Yeah, they happen.11-29-07 10:03 AM
- I was lucky...I was up for new every two so I got it for $299 less my $100, less the $100 advance device credit, less a $50 mail-in rebate, so I got mine for $50! FINALLY, the timing worked out for me. It is well worth it; I know I spent $400 on my first E815 and then almost as much on a Razr because I just had to have them when they first came out...only the BB would be worth that much. Good Luck!12-01-07 06:27 PM
- I just upgraded with 8-9 months left on my contract and got the 8130 for $130. I don't know what the girl at the booth did (I stopped by to play with it before I bought it on line) but I was pretty happy with the deal! I did have to sign a new 2 year contract but I knew I'd have to anyway to not have to pay full price.12-06-07 11:37 AM
- I just upgraded with 8-9 months left on my contract and got the 8130 for $130. I don't know what the girl at the booth did (I stopped by to play with it before I bought it on line) but I was pretty happy with the deal! I did have to sign a new 2 year contract but I knew I'd have to anyway to not have to pay full price.12-06-07 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD