I have the desktop manager, and I just bought a usb bluetooth, installed it yesterday. The only thing that doesn't work yet is the Connection options in DM. It is still greyed out, even when my bb 8310 and computer are connected together.
    What could be the reason for this?
    11-10-08 10:16 AM
    This is most commonly caused by the fact that the dongle you are using (Bluetooth adapter) is using software that is unsupported by the DM. It is otherwise known as Bluetooth stack issues. Here is how to fix that problem:

For Vista (XP SP2 is VERY similar, just uninstall from Programs section or Device Manager and let Windows XP SP2 install the native stack):

1. Unplug your Bluetooth dongle from the PC.
    2. Close any Bluetooth icons you have in your system tray.
    3. Now open up Control Panel>>Programs and Features.
    4. Look for ANYTHING with Bluetooth in the name. Uninstall it (or them).
    5. You may also need to go into Device Manager>>Bluetooth Devices>> and then right click on the one you need to uninstall. Make sure you have "Delete Driver" checked as well.

NOTE: For me it worked simply going into the Programs and Features and uninstalling anything with Bluetooth in its name. Others have reported needing to actually uninstall from the Device Manager window.

Now plug in your Bluetooth dongle and Windows will detect it. Simply click to search for and install the drivers if it asks and all will be good. Lastly make sure the Bluetooth signal is ON for both your Blackberry and PC and then go to Desktop Manager >> Options >> Connection Settings. Check "Enable Bluetooth support" box and click "Configure Bluetooth" >> Add. You should have success. You should not need to restart the PC but no promises there.

Hope that helps you, it worked for me and quite a few other people I know.
    11-11-08 08:12 AM
    This is most commonly caused by the fact that the dongle you are using (Bluetooth adapter) is using software that is unsupported by the DM. It is otherwise known as Bluetooth stack issues. Here is how to fix that problem:

For Vista (XP SP2 is VERY similar, just uninstall from Programs section or Device Manager and let Windows XP SP2 install the native stack):

1. Unplug your Bluetooth dongle from the PC.
    2. Close any Bluetooth icons you have in your system tray.
    3. Now open up Control Panel>>Programs and Features.
    4. Look for ANYTHING with Bluetooth in the name. Uninstall it (or them).
    5. You may also need to go into Device Manager>>Bluetooth Devices>> and then right click on the one you need to uninstall. Make sure you have "Delete Driver" checked as well.

NOTE: For me it worked simply going into the Programs and Features and uninstalling anything with Bluetooth in its name. Others have reported needing to actually uninstall from the Device Manager window.

Now plug in your Bluetooth dongle and Windows will detect it. Simply click to search for and install the drivers if it asks and all will be good. Lastly make sure the Bluetooth signal is ON for both your Blackberry and PC and then go to Desktop Manager >> Options >> Connection Settings. Check "Enable Bluetooth support" box and click "Configure Bluetooth" >> Add. You should have success. You should not need to restart the PC but no promises there.

Hope that helps you, it worked for me and quite a few other people I know.
    Well this did only partly work for me. I uninstalled bluetooth, restarted pc, put in adapter, it said found new hardware and installed it but since then you wouldn't know I had an adapter. I should have SP2 and I downloaded SP3 last week. I think its hopeless. I didn't uninstall DM because I didn't get a disk when I bought this phone and don't have the internet to download it.
    11-11-08 12:14 PM
    The Bluetooth option can also be disabled by the admin if you're on BES...
    11-13-08 07:38 AM
    The Bluetooth option can also be disabled by the admin if you're on BES...
    I just have BIS. I found something to download that might help.
    my main reason for wanting to figure this all out is downloading MObi Shark. I had trouble with that too, so Im trying to get my bluetooth dongle set which another frustrating problem.
    11-13-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD