Hi Gurus!!
    Am a school going student and just got myself a new unlocked BB Curve 8320. Works fine on my home network which is just a WEP protected one. As am in school most of the time i am in dire need to connect to the schools network which is a EAP-TTLS one with PAP as the inner security. I am not very familiar with network types but i figured out so much.We use a Secure W2 client on the computers to login with our id and password. If someone could help me to connect on my BB i would appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance guys.
    07-25-09 02:06 PM
    Extensible Authentication Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extensible Authentication Protocol, or EAP, is a universal authentication framework frequently used in wireless networks and Point-to-Point connections. It is defined in RFC 3748, which has been updated by RFC 5247. Although the EAP protocol is not limited to wireless LANs and can be used for wired LAN authentication, it is most often used in wireless LANs. The WPA and WPA2 standard has officially adopted five EAP types as its official authentication mechanisms.

I cannot connect to a Wi-Fi network
    Try performing the following actions:
    • Verify that you have turned on the connection to the Wi-Fi� network.
    • Verify that you are in a Wi-Fi coverage area.
    • If the Wi-Fi network does not appear in the Setup Wi-Fi application and you know the network name, connect to the Wi-Fi network
    manually.
    • Verify that the connection options in the Setup Wi-Fi application are correct. If you have already verified these options, verify that
    the advanced connection settings for the Wi-Fi network are correct.
    • If you switched Wi-Fi networks manually, switch to another Wi-Fi network or set your device to scan for available Wi-Fi networks.
    • If your wireless service provider supports UMA, verify that your preferred network type is not set to WAN-only.
    If you use PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, EAP-TTLS, or EAP-SIM to connect to a Wi-Fi network, verify that you have installed the root certificate for the certificate authority server that created the certificate for the authentication server.
    • If you use EAP-TLS to connect to a Wi-Fi network, verify that you have added your authentication certificate to your BlackBerry� device.
    You may have to aquire the correct security certificate from the school.
    07-25-09 02:14 PM
    I just got the root certificate from the school's systems admin. I also synced it to my BB using Desktop manager, but am still not able to connect. Could you direct me to go about connecting. Just for a reminder we select EAP-TTLS and PAP on a computer to connect. Now what should i exactly be doing ? Thank you so much for your time
    07-25-09 08:52 PM
    Isn't there one single person who has his BB connected to a TTLS/PAP Authenticated network guys ... Some help needed pls ... My BB is sittin idle
    07-25-09 11:16 PM
    Still looking for someone to help me out
    07-26-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD