Anyone know if it is possible to connect a bluetooth keyboard to the blackberry? I've had no luck getting my apple keyboard to work. If it's not possible, any chance blackberry would make it possible in future versions of the OS?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:41 PM
    I have used my BB PlayBook Keyboard and love it, I just followed the directions for connecting it to a second device. And the nice part is I can set my PB up on its kickstand and set my Z10 on it and it is a great compbination.
    04-10-13 12:48 PM
    Yes it's definitely possible!

You're saying it's not discoverable? You probably will have to make it appear on the discoverable drop-down by tapping on 'On' or '2 minutes'.
    04-10-13 01:00 PM
    Yes it's definitely possible!

You're saying it's not discoverable? You probably will have to make it appear on the discoverable drop-down by tapping on 'On' or '2 minutes'.
    You're kidding. I tried it so many times. It'll really work with apple wireless keyboards? I'm trying what you said but it's not working. I have my bluetooth speaker working so I think I'm doing it right. Perhaps you are mistaken? It would be huge for me if it worked!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:20 PM
    I got a Microsoft BT keyboard and mouse combination and they working fine together

Send by my Sexy Z10 via CB
    04-10-13 03:45 PM
    Anyone know if it is possible to connect a bluetooth keyboard to the blackberry? I've had no luck getting my apple keyboard to work. If it's not possible, any chance blackberry would make it possible in future versions of the OS?

Posted via CB10

bert106 did it with a mouse as well as a keyboard

So it's possible. I don't see why your keyboard wouldn't work too.
    04-10-13 04:50 PM
    Connecting Bluetooth keyboard to z10-image.jpg
    Works perfect
    04-10-13 05:09 PM
    Are you using an Apple branded keyboard? A generic or third party may not work, as some didn't work with the PlayBook either. I haven't tried an Apple keyboard with a Z10, but the Blackberry keyboard for the Playbook worked with my Z10.
    04-10-13 05:22 PM
    04-10-13 05:29 PM
    As others have mentioned, it works perfectly. I have tried it with my (official) PlayBook bluetooth keyboard. It works well - only thing is it doesn't support auto correct, spell check or word substitution (from what I remember).
    04-10-13 05:35 PM
    I wouldn't say it works perfectly.

Using the mouse, the scrollwheel didn't do anything at all. And in many apps, including the Browser, I couldn't use the mouse to swipe the screen to scroll it. Scrolling the browser page required me to use my finger on the screen.

On the keyboard, ctrl-c and ctrl-v did nothing for me, I had to cut and paste the long way.

Also it is a pain to use it in landscape mode because when you go the home screen, the portrait orientation makes the mouse use near impossible.
    04-10-13 05:42 PM
    Thanks guys. Finally got it working! I didn't realize you can't have the bluetooth keyboard connected to two computing devices at the same time (which makes sense in hindsight).

It's nice but it is a mixed bag. Hopefully more functionality will be enabled in future updates.

One thing I completely forgot was that blackberry doesn't support the dvorak keyboard layout which is what I type in. Maybe it's time to switch back to qwerty anyway...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:14 AM
    I don't think the PlayBook keyboard and z10 can connect. The PlayBook keyboard never shows up on the z10.

I put the pb keyboard in pairing mode, refreshed my z10 bt list hundreds of times. It never shows up
    10-22-13 08:20 PM
    I don't think the PlayBook keyboard and z10 can connect. The PlayBook keyboard never shows up on the z10.

I put the pb keyboard in pairing mode, refreshed my z10 bt list hundreds of times. It never shows up
    That's because the keyboard probably thinks it it is still connected to the PB.
    Let me find the trick... hang on...
    Here ya go... I think this is what I did to get mine working on the Z10...
    To pair your keyboard with another BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, press and hold the Ctrl key while turning on your keyboard. Release the Ctrl key when the LED flashes blue and red.

If that doesn't work, do this...
    On the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, delete the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard from the pairing list.
    On the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard, clear the pairing list by pressing and holding the Ctrl key and the Backspace key for 6 seconds. Turn the On/Off switch off and on.
    mnc76 likes this.
    10-22-13 08:55 PM
    To pair your keyboard with another BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, press and hold the Ctrl key while turning on your keyboard. Release the Ctrl key when the LED flashes blue and red.

On the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, delete the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard from the pairing list.
    On the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard, clear the pairing list by pressing and holding the Ctrl key and the Backspace key for 6 seconds. Turn the On/Off switch off and on.
    Thanks for the advice! I did put the pb keyboard in pairing modd. But I'll try to clear it's pairing list and report back.

I support BB10, NOT BB Management!
    10-23-13 01:12 AM

Clearing the pairing list first (before trying to pair) did the trick! Thanks!

Connecting Bluetooth keyboard to z10-img_00000484.png

I support BB10, NOT BB Management!
    10-23-13 01:17 AM
    @ESCON does the scrolling work on your Microsoft Wedge mouse?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    02-09-14 12:47 PM
    Thank you, pressing and holding the Ctrl while turning the keyboard on was the secret for me pairing to my Z30
    04-13-14 09:35 AM
    The advice worked great to pair my BB PB keyboard to my Z 10
    08-20-15 07:09 PM