Good morning! I hope someone here can help, as I am totally confused

I would like to switch from using my Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar. I have imported my Outlook Calendar into GCal and now need to know what to do when I sync my phone (or if I even need to do this still).

I have my phone hooked up to Desktop Mgr. and went to Sync. Config. In Calander Sync Setup it shows it shows None, MS Outlook, ASCII Importer/Exporter, and Yahoo! as my choices. No GCal. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just ignorant? I only want the GCal on my phone's calendar.

If you can help / explain, I sure would appreciate it!
    04-21-09 08:54 AM
    Google Calendar syncs over the air... Start here and see if this helps ;-). Google Mobile - Sync

Good luck.
    04-21-09 10:49 AM
    Here's my setup not sure if it will help you.

I have three google accounts. Calendar for all of them, but I can access all of them on my main google account.

I setup google desktop sync to work with outlook. That way anything that gets change will be auto updated from the desktop and google calendar.

Now on my blackberry I have google mobile sync setup with those three calendars coming into the device. So anything that is changed on the device it will update googles calendar then up date the desktop.

Now when I sync with desktop manager I do NOT sync calendar. If you do it will create problems. Plus there is not reason since I have everything setup OTA.

Been working fine since last summer.
    04-21-09 10:57 AM
    TY. I found that but it didn't sync an entry I put on my BB. I'll have to figure that out. Also I think it is still synced to Outlook. I'm trying to sort it all out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 11:02 AM
    OK - here is what I did. Probably overkill, but I didn't know what else to do. I wiped the phone and started over

After I wiped it I went into my GCal and deleted all appointments, etc. Then went to GMail and deleted all contacts. Went to Outlook and cleaned up my address book. Added appointments back into GCal manually (probably faster than trying to delete all of the duplicates, etc.). Exported contacts from Outlook and imported into GMail. Went to Desktop Mgr. and made sure my phone wouldn't sync any organizer data. Downloaded Google Sync. Synced to my phone, and FINALLY everything is how I want it.

What a day!
    04-22-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD