I just got a BlackBerry Pearl like 3 weeks ago and love it. This is my first BlackBerry. My wife wants my phone and wants me to upgrade to a Curve cause I'm due an upgrade this month. Her logic is once a better BB like maybe a Bold hits our sevice provider I can upgrade again and let her have the Curve.....For those who switched from a Pearl to a Curve is it worth the swap now or should I wait and get the Bold if it his our provider soon?
    I just got used to the Pearl key lay out and the suretype in my texting and email.
    11-01-08 11:25 PM
    its worth the upgrade to the bold as long as your provider is going to get it... if not the curve is exactly like the pearl only a qwerty keyboard and bigger screen. (which is nice ;] )
    11-01-08 11:29 PM
    that's what I was thinking and so far AT&T/Cingular has got the BBs just a few months to a year before my company so I really hope they get the Bold they seem to be stuck on the xx30 models lol they offer the 8830, 8330, and 8130 go figure.
    11-01-08 11:43 PM
    lol yeah... it might be a bit before they get it then.
    11-01-08 11:55 PM
    If you have only had the pearl for 3 weeks return it before the 30 days are up for the curve and just suck it up until the bold is released or your upgrade is here. Unless you return the pearl for the bold on Tuesday then your wife will have to wait. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 07:55 AM
    pearl exactly like the curve???? not even close to being true....i suggest you go to a cell store and play with the curve and form your own opinion....thats like saying the bold and curve are the same only the bold is a little bigger...doesnt pass the sniff test
    11-02-08 08:13 AM
    well I bought the pearl off ebay cause I was not up for an upgrade and my carrier only allows 14 days to decide to trade anyway and my Uncle has a curve I been teaching him how tos on BB and it is sooooooo simular it scary plus i like my sure type
    11-02-08 08:18 AM
    I upgraded from a Pearl 8100 to the Curve 8310 and love it. I really like my Pearl but the Curve is a lot better. I would go upgrade and give the Pearl to your wife for now.
    11-02-08 08:28 AM
    I'd first find someone (either dealer or friend) with a Bold and/or Curve and get some behind-the-device time with it. The Bold is a better device (specs and all), but some have posted they don't like the larger size or whatnot. The Curve is a safe bet, but with the rumoured Javelin coming out, given the timing of everything you might already be looking at that one.

Still, you'd be doing this more for your wife's happiness. If she really wants your phone, then I say give it to her and go for the swap. You can probably also sell what you end up getting when a new better device comes out, so the "hit" in your wallet won't be as bad.
    11-02-08 08:34 AM
    I just upgraded from a pearl tp a 8330 curve. I'm loving it, bigger screen, full keyboard, 96mb instead of 64mb.

I just traded my pearl for this curve because I wasn't due for upgrade but this should last me 2 years until I can renew my contract.

11-02-08 08:35 AM
    I just got a BlackBerry Pearl like 3 weeks ago and love it. This is my first BlackBerry. My wife wants my phone and wants me to upgrade to a Curve cause I'm due an upgrade this month. Her logic is once a better BB like maybe a Bold hits our sevice provider I can upgrade again and let her have the Curve.....For those who switched from a Pearl to a Curve is it worth the swap now or should I wait and get the Bold if it his our provider soon?
    I just got used to the Pearl key lay out and the suretype in my texting and email.
    be thank full that you have a wife that wants you to up grade. i had the pearl 8130 i like the size of it and the suretype i could type faster on my pearl than i can on my curve. the worst thing about the pearl to me it doesn't have enough memory.i now have the curve 8330 i like the bigger screen and more memory but if you are happy with your pearl like i said i can't type as fast with the curve as i could with the pearl but that could just be me but i love the suretype i miss that.
    11-02-08 09:52 AM
    I can't really say which is better, I started out with a curve, but you only have so many options. If you like the Pearl, stick with it and use your upgrade on the device you really want, like the Bold. If you have two upgrades -- you and your wife, then get a Curve and start getting ready for the Bold's bigger size and qwerty keyboard. I personally like the full kepboard. I have played with suretype on the new flip pearl and didn't like it as well as the full keyboard, but that's just my preference.

11-02-08 10:05 AM
    Cellular South uses CDMA. All Blackberry CDMA devices are xx30. No one knows when a CDMA Bold or Javelin (Niagra) will be available.
    11-02-08 10:35 AM
    Be a sport get the Curve and give your wife the Pearl.

I have had Pearl, still have the WE and currently use the Curve! I like the Curve cause I have a camera and voice recorder. The Pearl is cool for it's size but a full qwerty is awesome!
    11-02-08 11:58 AM
    I'm probably gonna take the Curve but I'm gonna make her sweat it out until Christmas she just upgraded last month for a Kyo E2000 she wanted it before anyone else so I got it online a week before the stores She wants my Pearl cause its sweeter than a normal phone and her new E2000 is horrible it hangs up after ringin one time and poor signal and goes on and off roam when we at her mom's it's right on our boundry of coverage area but my Pearl knows which tower to pull off of LOL (thats why they call it a SMART PHONE)
    11-03-08 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD