Okay, so I know that I'm very young and this may seem like a stupid question, but its about the Tour and Wifi.

See, my iTouch uses WiFi so whenever I'm home, in the Mall, or on an airplane (yes, the airline we use has free wifi) I can use my iTouch's internet and iTunes store.

When people say the Tour doesn't have it, then how are we supposed to get on the internet?

I know it may be dumb, but before I get the phone I need to know all about it. Please answer without any insults Thank you!
    07-07-09 10:59 AM
    Verizon's EVDO Rev. A (3G) network.
    07-07-09 11:00 AM
    For the tour, you'd use Verizon's or Sprint's 3G data network at all times, like an iPhone does when its not within range of wi-fi. It's not as fast as a good wi-fi connection, nor as open (the networks lock out certain application functionality, like Skype over 3G), but its available over a lot of the country, and most urban areas.
    07-07-09 11:02 AM
    Yep you just use sprint or verizon's network to get internet access. Then if you're on a plane just use your itouch
    07-07-09 11:03 AM
    Ohhh, I think I'm getting it now. Would I be able to use it in public places like restaraunts or something along those lines?
    07-07-09 11:04 AM
    You can use it wherever you get cell service. You have to sign up for the data plan and you pay extra each month for it. On Verizon its $29.99 a month extra.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 11:07 AM
    Ohhh, I think I'm getting it now. Would I be able to use it in public places like restaraunts or something along those lines?
    No, only at your house.
    07-07-09 11:07 AM
    Everywhere you get cell phone reception for the most part.
    07-07-09 11:08 AM
    Ohhh got it now! Thanks!
    07-07-09 11:10 AM
    Yes anywhere you have cell coverage but will require a data plan to access it
    07-07-09 11:11 AM
    wait....wat airline do you use, that has free wifi??? this is need to know info...cuz i'll start using that airline and bring the macbook with me from now on....
    07-07-09 11:15 AM
    a lot of airlines have free wifi especially in NY u just gotta find a good spot and wifi's only good if your not moving, for me I'm always on the go so a data plan def comes in handy. Maybe one day theyll have wifi towers alongside cell towers, but then no data plans required, ouch. good for us bad for cell companies
    07-07-09 11:52 AM
    No, only at your house.

She is a 12/13 year old girl, asking a perfectly normal question, no need to get smart with her.
    07-07-09 11:53 AM
    Ohhh got it now! Thanks!
    Keep in mind when you get a blackberry you get the data plan and it will cost you 30 a month if on VZW. This $30 pays for your access to blackberry BIS and verizon's data network. So where ever you get a signal for data coverage (which is basically everywhere you get call coverage), you're good to go.
    07-07-09 11:56 AM
    If you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for your bill, rock with Sprint. I'm not trying to start a, "Which carrier has better service/coverage" debate. It all just depends on the amount of coverage you get where you live at. I live in Houston, Texas and I get great coverage for my CURVE 8330.

I pay 72.45 a month for my bill. That is Sprint's Simp Everything Plan with 450 mins, unlimited everything else, and with the Total Equip Protection.(BB Data is included in that) I get a 17% discount through my job, so that helps even more.
    07-07-09 12:10 PM
    a lot of airlines have free wifi especially in NY u just gotta find a good spot and wifi's only good if your not moving, for me I'm always on the go so a data plan def comes in handy. Maybe one day theyll have wifi towers alongside cell towers, but then no data plans required, ouch. good for us bad for cell companies
    i'm talkin about ON the airplane....not in the terminal...cuz all the airplanes i've been on that have wifi charge for it....
    07-07-09 12:15 PM
    AirTran is what we usually fly, and they just got the WiFi.

And I knew about the VZW charge for the data plan already, me and my mom discussed that. So if you say I get internet wherever I get cell service, I should be just fine because I get it very well at my house and around town. So I should be fine!
    07-07-09 12:37 PM
    AirTran is what we usually fly, and they just got the WiFi.

And I knew about the VZW charge for the data plan already, me and my mom discussed that. So if you say I get internet wherever I get cell service, I should be just fine because I get it very well at my house and around town. So I should be fine!
    You will be fine.

you will have internet pretty much anyplace you have a window and are not under concrete. enjoy the freedom
    07-07-09 01:10 PM
    You will be fine.

you will have internet pretty much anyplace you have a window and are not under concrete. enjoy the freedom
    thanks!

now I'm super excited for my blackberry !!!
    Last edited by Blackberry.Tour; 07-07-09 at 07:46 PM.
    07-07-09 07:43 PM
    say it with me... "iPod Touch" not iTouch

Congrats on your berry!
    Last edited by fitch220; 07-07-09 at 08:00 PM.
    07-07-09 07:54 PM
    No, only at your house.
    No, only in your bathroom in your house
    07-07-09 08:14 PM

Congrats on your berry!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.....
    07-07-09 08:26 PM

Congrats on your berry!
    Shouldn't you be watching WWDC reruns or something?
    07-07-09 10:52 PM
    Shouldn't you be watching WWDC reruns or something?
    Would you call the Blackberry Storm the Blackberry Touch?
    07-07-09 10:55 PM
    Would you call the Blackberry Storm the Blackberry Touch?
    No I'd call it the bStorm.
    07-07-09 11:00 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD