I think my GPS is working on my Bold because when I open the maps feature, it searches for a satellite and then finds my location.

But when I go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS, it says my data source is "Device GPS" and my GPS services says "location on" but then it's blank beside "GPS Location" - no location named - and there is no data beneath that - all zeros for longitude and latitude.

Should this section have the correct values in it? Am I supposed to turn something on?

I downloaded an app earlier today that uses GPS and it's not working. I'm wondering if there is a connection.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    12-07-08 12:18 PM
    Yah, the GPS is working. I have the exact same thing. All map apps work, but my location in the advanced settings remains blank. Not sure what we have to do to make that work. Michael

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 12:33 PM

But when I go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS, it says my data source is "Device GPS" and my GPS services says "location on" but then it's blank beside "GPS Location" - no location named - and there is no data beneath that - all zeros for longitude and latitude.
    While in the gps menu click menu then there should be an option to refresh your location. This will give you your location in the GPS menu.
    12-07-08 12:44 PM
    Hey thanks Boldly - so simple.

So I downloaded "Where" today which is a GPS app and it's not working. Every time I try to get it to give me some info, I just get an error message - "an error occured with this page." Not my device?
    12-07-08 12:45 PM
    I think my GPS is working on my Bold because when I open the maps feature, it searches for a satellite and then finds my location.

Should this section have the correct values in it? Am I supposed to turn something on?

I downloaded an app earlier today that uses GPS and it's not working. I'm wondering if there is a connection.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Hit Menu>Refresh GPS. This will display your location. Good luck!

12-07-08 01:08 PM

So I downloaded "Where" today which is a GPS app and it's not working. Every time I try to get it to give me some info, I just get an error message - "an error occured with this page." Not my device?

It seems like a bunch of people are having problems with it. I would wait for an update and then reinstall it.
    12-07-08 01:29 PM
    Yah I just dumped it. Wanted to make sure the problem wasn't my berry and it doesn't look like it is.
    12-07-08 01:50 PM
    Give Garmin Mobile a spin.

Simply enter the following link in your BlackBerry browser: Garmin Mobile
    Last edited by Spazmogen; 12-07-08 at 04:09 PM.
    12-07-08 04:06 PM
    Thanks, Spaz. What exactly is it? Will I be able to locate the closest Starbucks?

12-07-08 06:06 PM
    Are you inside or outside?

If you're inside go outside. The GPS signal is pretty weak. You need to go outside and get at least 4 sats synced up to get a good return on your location. 4 sats = Lat, long, speed and alt. If you're in your car, set the phone on your dashboard and let it sync up.
    Last edited by vern23; 12-07-08 at 07:04 PM.
    12-07-08 06:11 PM
    Give Garmin Mobile a spin.

Simply enter the following link in your BlackBerry browser: Garmin Mobile
    Ouch $80 bucks....
    12-08-08 12:58 AM
    Where works fine on my bold.

Here are some free nav apps:

www.amazegps.com
    Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!
    12-08-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD