Hi,

i have a unlocked 8700G BB device, please tell me the procedure to create mail account in this device so that i can configure my office mail account/Gmail account.

i have a SIM with GPRS activated service.

Thanks in advance, waiting for your reply

Bhaarat
    01-21-09 02:51 AM
    If by office mail you mean an Enterprise account, you will need your BES admin to set that up for you. For normal BIS email accounts, you can use the Email Setup Wizard that's on your BlackBerry. If you don't see it, it may be hidden. Menu / Show All should reveal it.
    01-21-09 07:26 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

I do not have BES server.

My office mail account is OWA enabled, i would like to connect/use my office mail account using unlocked BB device having GPRS enabled SIM. with this i don't have subscribe BB service from the service provider and instead i can work around with GPRS services only.

if i go to Email setup wizard on my BB device it only give me the option to setup Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Please help.

Thanks
    Bhaarat
    01-21-09 08:15 AM
    I believe you will need a Data plan in order to get email. Additionally Verizon requires all PDAs to have data plans. Your provider is being absorbed by Verizon and when they convert your account you may be forced to get a data plan at that point.

Cost may be an iddue for you, but the main reason to have a BB is for it's data abilities. Perhaps you should consider just getting the data plan. On VZW it's 30 per month.

EDIT: Opps I misread your provider, thought you were Alltel, so disreagard all but the last part.
    01-21-09 09:20 AM
    I'm on BES, but I was able to setup BIS email accounts using the Email Setup Wizard. On Verizon BlackBerries there is also an E-mail Settings wizard that connects you to the BIS provider. I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with OWA or with trying to use email without a data plan. As pkcable noted, that may not be possible. I don't know.
    01-21-09 09:45 AM
    Thanks for your reply,

In India i use Airtel as service provider. there are two type of services available:
    1. Blackberry service - which is used by default for all blackberry devices for internet browsing.
    2. GPRS service - for non blackberry devices (nokia, windows mobile, HP etc) for internet browsing.

so my question is - how to use GPRS service in Blackberry devices for internet browsing. the benifit i get out of this is if in future i want to use the same SIM in non blackberry device it will work. But using Blackberry service i am always bound to Blackberry device.

please help.

Thanks
    Bhaarat
    01-22-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD