07-08-08 01:23 PM
58 123
tools
    My boyfriend wants a curve like myself, my best friend and his boyfriend have. But I refuse to get it for him. Why? Because he doesn't know how to do anything on his samsung katalyst yet. Seriously he can't send picture messages.

I know the blackberry is cool and all but imho I think it should be for the corporate user. Or in the very least someone who uses it for work purposes. He (as well as my two friends who have curves) doesn't have a job that would require a blackberry.

So go right ahead and say no. I can't stand when I see kids texting on a bb behind the counter at mcdonalds.

My two cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You "refuse" to get your boyfriend a Curve? Why doesn't he get one for himself? I refuse to have anyone tell me that I can't have the kind of phone that I want to have.

Corporate means "pertaining to a united group." My united group of six is called My Family. My corporate title is Domestic Goddess. The other members of this united group include a husband and four children ages 7,9,12,14. My Blackberry helps me to keep this family corporation running much more smoothly.

Why do you care what other people use their Blackberries for? If they pay for the phone and their bill, who are you to say that they should only be for the corporate user?
    07-08-08 09:59 AM
    If he payed for it then right on. I'm sorry that I stated my opinion on the corporate subject. If you feel that your family is a corporation then right on to that. I did say that it was in my humble opinion. And we each are entitled to our own opinions right?

Can we close that topic?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 10:32 AM
    My daughter is 19 in college and uses a regular phone. She also has a laptop with wireless access but recently told me she wants a blackberry! I told her not to get a pearl but to get a curve! When you are on the go in this multitasking society, it is so much easier to grab my BB and google something, get directions, phone numbers, send/receive e-mails, etc.
    I have a son who started college this year and I am sure will get one soon as well. The expense, of course is something to consider, however, the experience of using a smart phone now and understanding all of the functions will be good experience if they need them in a future job.
    Having said that, if my 17 year old son wants a BB, he will have to buy it but I will gladly support him getting one. He had a Sidekick when we were with T-Mobile and he had internet access. His teachers would actually ask him to google stuff because it was handy and quick!
    In my opinion, learning to use the technology available can only help a kid be marketable when they choose a career. I don't want to raise a kid who calls themself "computer illiterate".
    That's just me....knowledge is power....don't hold them back by deciding for them they might be getting more functions than they actually need in a phone.
    07-08-08 10:37 AM
    You "refuse" to get your boyfriend a Curve? Why doesn't he get one for himself? I refuse to have anyone tell me that I can't have the kind of phone that I want to have.

Corporate means "pertaining to a united group." My united group of six is called My Family. My corporate title is Domestic Goddess. The other members of this united group include a husband and four children ages 7,9,12,14. My Blackberry helps me to keep this family corporation running much more smoothly.

Why do you care what other people use their Blackberries for? If they pay for the phone and their bill, who are you to say that they should only be for the corporate user?
    LOL! You really do have a cooperation going on! I love how you described it.

My daughter is 19 in college and uses a regular phone. She also has a laptop with wireless access but recently told me she wants a blackberry! I told her not to get a pearl but to get a curve! When you are on the go in this multitasking society, it is so much easier to grab my BB and google something, get directions, phone numbers, send/receive e-mails, etc.
    I have a son who started college this year and I am sure will get one soon as well. The expense, of course is something to consider, however, the experience of using a smart phone now and understanding all of the functions will be good experience if they need them in a future job.
    Having said that, if my 17 year old son wants a BB, he will have to buy it but I will gladly support him getting one. He had a Sidekick when we were with T-Mobile and he had internet access. His teachers would actually ask him to google stuff because it was handy and quick!
    In my opinion, learning to use the technology available can only help a kid be marketable when they choose a career. I don't want to raise a kid who calls themself "computer illiterate".
    That's just me....knowledge is power....don't hold them back by deciding for them they might be getting more functions than they actually need in a phone.
    YaYa, I could kiss you! Although my post is worded different, this is the very thing that I wanted to convery to Kathryn- NOT provide "parental advice." All things being equal, its her daughter and not mine so whatever she does, no matter what is said here, will be her decision.
    07-08-08 10:52 AM
    I wish I would have had an option of the curve or the pearl. I was very disappointed when I found out that my pearl doesnt accomidate the picture texting. I didnt think to ask when I purchased my pearl because I just knew it would.............so now I am stuck with it and will wait until the contract is up!!!
    07-08-08 10:53 AM
    I wish I would have had an option of the curve or the pearl. I was very disappointed when I found out that my pearl doesnt accomidate the picture texting. I didnt think to ask when I purchased my pearl because I just knew it would.............so now I am stuck with it and will wait until the contract is up!!!
    Next to your avatar it says that you have an 8130. I had the Pearl 8130 and I sent picture texts all of the time. I remember going to an auto show and sending at least ten picture texts to a friend of mine. Does it have something to do with your carrier?
    07-08-08 11:03 AM
    Next to your avatar it says that you have an 8130. I had the Pearl 8130 and I sent picture texts all of the time. I remember going to an auto show and sending at least ten picture texts to a friend of mine. Does it have something to do with your carrier?
    Yes Alltel Smart Phones With the exception of Some Curves and the new Q are with out picture messaging. Hopefully will get this fixed by fall but I'm thinking since we got bought out we'll have to wait till the switch over.
    07-08-08 01:10 PM
    Agreed!

Hmm shouldn't it be Okie in your tag line? At least that is what I was taught in Oklahoma history in 76.

I've been away from 'home' for a long time. And even though I'm not a football fan I miss hearing the Boomer Sooner song. (I do visit from time to time, but usually no longer than a few days). I don't think AZ has anything like that fan following.
    07-08-08 01:23 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD