These are real newbie questions, the hardest thing about the BB is the learning curve.

First, when I want to connect to my Bluetooth, I have to open 'set up' open 'set up Bluetooth' cancel the 'add device screen', press the BB button and then connect, then back out to the main screen. I know there has to be an easier way.

Second, once I have connected to my Bluetooth and I use the speed dial, I am disconnected from my Bluetooth and will sometimes disconnect the call while trying to reconnect the Bluetooth.

I have tried reading the manual and have done sometime with the 'trial and error' approach, but have not figured it out. HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.
    12-26-08 02:46 PM
    We're probably going to have to ask some questions to narrow down the problem, but you're right, it's not supposed to be that hard.

What Bluetooth device are you using? Have you checked the manufacturer's website to see if it's compatible with the Storm? Unfortunately, there are several flavors of Bluetooth, and not all Bluetooth devices are compatible with all BlackBerries.

Assuming you have a compatible device, when you pair the device to the BlackBerry, select the Trusted option. If you tell the BlackBerry to always trust the headset, it should connect automatically without any action on your part, assuming you haven't turned off the Bluetooth on your BlackBerry. You DO NOT have to leave your BlackBerry in "Discoverable" mode, and you shouldn't, since that enables anybody with a Bluetooth device to see it.

In older model BlackBerries, there is a known bug in the Bluetooth software. If you disable the Bluetooth Activity LED, because it annoys you for instance, you will be unable to maintain a connection. I haven't seen enough Storm Bluetooth reports to know if the problem has been fixed in the Storm OS or not. The LED is enabled by default, so unless you've turned it off, that shouldn't be the problem, but check it to be sure.

Post back with the device you're using.
    12-26-08 03:13 PM
    Sorry Jeff,

a little information would be dangerous. I have a Plantronics Voyager 815. I worked well with my previous non BB. Did not even stop to think that it would not be compatible. I'll check it out. I did notice a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset, have you heard anything about it?

Thanks for all your time and effort.
    12-26-08 05:52 PM
    I've had at least three Plantronics devices. The first one worked great with my 7250. I lost it in a rental car around the time I got my 8830. I tried two different models with my 8830, a 5xx and an 8xx. I had problems with both. However, other people at the time reported using the same models with 8830's with no problem. That's when I discovered the 8830 wasn't on the Plantronics compatibility list.

I've had a BlueAnt V1 for a week now. It's too soon to say for sure, but so far it's working well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD