So, I found an old picture file on an old hard drive that had a slew of old family pictures and given that I already had my Playbook connected via USB....
    ...I dumped all of them onto a folder I named on the Playbook and forgot about about them.
    ...The other day when I was waiting for my wife to get off work I was going through the pics and thought I would email some off to family and friends.

It was then I noticed that if you are in email and go to attach a picture the Playbook opens all your pictures as if they are in one folder......
    ...If you have over a thousand this is a serious pain to find the picture you wanted to attach to the email.
    ...Is this going to be what we have to look forward to with BB10?

I mean with as long as the Playbook has been out I would have thought RIM would have fixed this?
    ...It seems odd that the Playbook wouldn't have been more thought out than that doesn't it?
    ...My bold 9930 has zero problems emailing a picture from one already in the folder I expect it to be in.

Does anyone know if RIM plans to remedy this in the future?
    ...Or is this simply another 'gotcha'.
    10-29-12 12:36 AM
    It's one of the many ridiculous attempts to "simplify" file management. Like every attempt ever made, it didn't work.

I blame Apple for this particular absurd trend. Here's hoping that RIM comes to their senses. We want Tools, not Toys.
    10-29-12 04:16 AM
    It's one of the many ridiculous attempts to "simplify" file management. Like every attempt ever made, it didn't work.

I blame Apple for this particular absurd trend. Here's hoping that RIM comes to their senses. We want Tools, not Toys.
    Well, if RIM was trying to simplify how one attaches a picture to an email they clearly missed the boat on that one....
    ...To dump all picture folders into one and have the customer have to sift through 1k plus photos appears to be RIM just being lazy.
    ...And thinking "the die hards will buy whatever we slop them"!
    10-29-12 10:21 AM
    Well, if RIM was trying to simplify how one attaches a picture to an email they clearly missed the boat on that one....
    ...To dump all picture folders into one and have the customer have to sift through 1k plus photos appears to be RIM just being lazy.
    ...And thinking "the die hards will buy whatever we slop them"!
    Calm down, BB10 is nothing like the PlayBook OS so far.
    10-29-12 10:36 AM
    Belfast, do you know if RIM plans on fixing this with the BB10 upgrade in Q1 of next year.....
    ...Is there any reason you can think of as a reason for why they allowed this issue to remain after all this time?
    ...From the way my 9930 attaches pictures in outgoing email the Playbook was a colossal step backwards.
    ...It just seems odd they would have chose to do it this way?
    10-29-12 04:09 PM