have a tmo blackberry 8320. tried to use crackmem to brick my phone as suggested by another user so i could install the os 4.5.... long story.

anywho now mah fone can charge using usb bt my computer nor the DM will recognize that my blackberry is connected which sux because although ii have given up on OS 4.5 ii need to restore my handheld.

please help im freakin out over here.
    10-10-08 03:35 PM
    A couple of thing to check.

First are our USB ports. The simplest way is to reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager. There have been reports of the OS install corrupting them.

Second, BlackBerry has produced a check list for USB problems.

BlackBerry Search Results

Once you have it connected again, we can take it from there.
    10-10-08 03:42 PM
    I have a feeling it's the DM either something has gone corrupt in the registry or the dll file. Uninstall the DM. Then look in c:\program files and delete the Research In Motion Folder. There's also another folder in c:\program files\common files and C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data, and delete the Research In Motion folder also. If you don't see the folders there then don't worry about it.

Look in the registry also HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete the Research In Motion Folder also. Also do the same in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

That should remove all items related to the desktop manager in your computer. Reboot and then reinstall the Desktop Manager software.

After the DM has installed plug your blackberry in and it should recognize it as a new device.
    10-10-08 03:53 PM
    I strongly sugget, not deleting directory or editing the System Registry. The BlackBerry software will repair itself, it is not nessary to do it manualy and can lead to very complicated problems down the road.

10-10-08 06:05 PM
    its all fixed now thanks so much for your help. now i have another problem i didnt notice before because i thought my fone was still on silent bt my speaker seems to have gotten messed up as well. any suggestions?
    10-10-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD