Stupid newbie question - when I got my blackberry it was not set up with our company config so I configured hotmail as my email server. It worked great and pinged hotmail fairly frequently (seems to be a bit of a lag). Today I set up my Enterprise activation account to sync to my company email, address book, etc. Now emails from both hotmail and work roll into the message account.

I know that our company monitors emails / chats from our work computer. Can our IT group see that my BB is pinging and receiving email from hotmail? I don't want to get into hotwater with our IT group.
    07-01-08 04:23 PM
    If the company either bought the device or pays for the service they may have, depending on the State, the right to backup and keep copies of your Messages per their own internal retention policy.

If they didn't buy or pay for service then they can only log what they are responsible for.

But technically if you're bound to a BES they can get at the data.
    07-01-08 06:56 PM
    The fact that you can connect to your hotmail means your IT policy is allowing it. So I would not expect you to get in trouble just for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 07:02 PM
    My company backs up all emails and other files on everyones BB, they also have a program that checks for key words used in message and other things. If you are on their BES and it is their device then yes they own it they can look at it.
    07-01-08 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD