Short story, when we first needed cell phone we started with blackberry (8900) after couple years, some higher position decide that they want an android phone, I tried to convince them to stay with blackberry but it ended up that they were saying that I was against android and they had no idea why (which I'm not, I love my wife android). So after couple days of trying my best I let them purchase 3 S3 phone for them. That gave the go ahead for anyone else to change.

Now it's been less than a year since they got their new toys and guest what? they are (all 3) buying the 9900 and getting rid of their S3 (they were so pissed about their phone that they didn't want to wait until the BB10 come out). This morning I went to see them and I told them "I really don't know why you guys are against android" and got out of their office laughing.

12-11-12 12:01 PM
    I can only imagine management at our company trying to use Android phones. They wouldn't last 2 days. (And the battery wouldn't last half a day )
    12-11-12 12:07 PM
    I can only imagine management at our company trying to use Android phones. They wouldn't last 2 days. (And the battery wouldn't last half a day )
    We can't bash battery life. BB10 won't be a battery saver.
    12-11-12 12:20 PM
    Short story, when we first needed cell phone we started with blackberry (8900) after couple years, some higher position decide that they want an android phone, I tried to convince them to stay with blackberry but it ended up that they were saying that I was against android and they had no idea why (which I'm not, I love my wife android). So after couple days of trying my best I let them purchase 3 S3 phone for them. That gave the go ahead for anyone else to change.

Now it's been less than a year since they got their new toys and guest what? they are (all 3) buying the 9900 and getting rid of their S3 (they were so pissed about their phone that they didn't want to wait until the BB10 come out). This morning I went to see them and I told them "I really don't know why you guys are against android" and got out of their office laughing.

Why were they so pissed about their phones?
    12-11-12 12:31 PM
    Done extensive battery tests on the final hardware and software have you?
    12-11-12 12:33 PM
    My thoughts exactly
    12-11-12 12:39 PM
    I have my doubts about this. It sounds like they are on some kind of fusion program and just making the personal choice to go back to blackberry. I doubt they would be changing over the whole system and even that I question. The s3 is a great phone from what I hear
    12-11-12 12:56 PM
    T.G.F.S.B - Thank Goodness For Spare Batteries
    12-11-12 12:58 PM
    I have my doubts about this. It sounds like they are on some kind of fusion program and just making the personal choice to go back to blackberry. I doubt they would be changing over the whole system and even that I question. The s3 is a great phone from what I hear
    Sounds like it's a very small company. He said all 3 were swithching back. They may not even use BES or Fusion. As for the S3, I'm sure they are great phones but they didn't suit the needs of those guys, as it seems.
    12-11-12 01:29 PM
    I think a lot of companies and people in general will be switching back once BB10 is released. I've seen a lot of people switching to other phones now even though they know that BB10 is coming. It's just taken so long for it to come out that people are frustrated and I don't blame them. The road from here on out in golden (pun intended).
    12-11-12 01:52 PM
    Sounds like it's a very small company. He said all 3 were swithching back. They may not even use BES or Fusion. As for the S3, I'm sure they are great phones but they didn't suit the needs of those guys, as it seems.
    Exactly. Although its not a lie that the company is switching back to blackberry it is misleading to call three people a "company" in this circumstance (even though it is one). Three people switching hardly warrants being called a company in the aspect of which mobile platform those three people are using.
    12-11-12 02:12 PM
    QNX also makes it a very different beast.As for the OP you cant bring toys into a work enviroment.
    12-11-12 03:43 PM
    (which I'm not, I love my wife android).
    I wish my wife was an android too
    anon(4021844) likes this.
    12-11-12 03:55 PM
    I wish my wife was an android too
    Me too. R2D2 height of three feet tall, and no teeth. Perfect.
    Masahiro likes this.
    12-11-12 04:01 PM
    I want a 'Stepford Wife' android with remote
    12-11-12 06:54 PM
    Great! Now all we need is the Govt to go back to using BlackBerry.
    12-11-12 07:17 PM
    Yeah. Email is still king for a lot of businesses. No reason to not use the best tool for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 07:30 PM
    Exactly. Although its not a lie that the company is switching back to blackberry it is misleading to call three people a "company" in this circumstance (even though it is one). Three people switching hardly warrants being called a company in the aspect of which mobile platform those three people are using.
    The way i read it was they were 3 higher-ups (maybe decision makers) of a larger company. if it was their decision to go android as a company, then their decision to back to BB could mean the rest of the company would follow. i could be misreading it though.
    sydsam likes this.
    12-11-12 07:36 PM
    thor has been quoted saying they were working to try and make the battery life last a day. that is pretty average with most androids now.

from what ive seen of the London, battery life is gonna be one of the minus points when compared to my current bb.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 07:47 PM
    Sat through a social media training put on by DoD today; was told that they each carry an iPhone and a blackberry. The PAO stated that the iPhone isn't allowed on the network, but its the phone of choice for their field. The blackberry is used for basic communication (email), but the iPhones allow them to manage the installations social media presence more effectively. Both phones are paid for by the us government, but if he had a choice... blackberry would be gone.

He mentioned in passing that there are numerous 3-4 star generals using iPhones an iPads to conduct business, as the NEC will always give a general or garrison commander what they want, if pushed hard enough. There are regulations that govern this type of situation, but ultimately, if the commander assumes the risk, he can pretty much have what he wants.

Your company may be the exception, and I would be curious to understand what they wanted to return back to blackberry land, but your situation isn't considered normal. This PAO did not care what RIM is working on; he likes what he has - it just works (his words).
    12-11-12 08:22 PM
    The way i read it was they were 3 higher-ups (maybe decision makers) of a larger company. if it was their decision to go android as a company, then their decision to back to BB could mean the rest of the company would follow. i could be misreading it though.
    Yeah it could go either way. Its written fairly vague
    12-12-12 01:44 AM
    iPhone and a blackberry.
    If your gonna have the ability to put the capital P in iPhone, then please do the same for BlackBerry. you already proved your caps key worked
    12-12-12 05:06 AM
    Interesting. Being a BES admin for many years experiencing company after company ditching BlackBerry for IPhone (I have yet to see Androids used aside from testing), this is heartening. I have lost my patience too many times when the company brings in iCrap. And it's never a strategic or rational decision -- just C-levels distracted by shiny stuff. :-)
    sydsam likes this.
    12-12-12 01:46 PM
    Many, many corps still use BB. IBM being one of them. Security is a huge and exponentialy growing problem for large corporations.

The work/personal dual function in BB10 will be hugely attractive to CIOs.
    12-12-12 03:05 PM
    Many, many corps still use BB. IBM being one of them. Security is a huge and exponentialy growing problem for large corporations.

The work/personal dual function in BB10 will be hugely attractive to CIOs.
    That's always been true. Companies just use SSL based VPN clients now like Cisco AnyConnect (I know AT&T uses this with iPhones), or management apps like MobileIron. "There's app for that" or something.

Doesn't mean I think it's a good solution, just tseeing it how it is. That being said, sure, some companies do still use BB's. But that number's falling because most managers and directors quickly dismiss RIM as irrelevant nowadays. "BlackBerry? Pfft, yeah right. Gone the way of the dinosaurs. That's what a CIO told me not more than a few months ago.
    12-12-12 03:45 PM