01-10-09 04:05 PM
41 12
tools
    Leave the phone, take the cannoli.
    01-07-09 07:34 PM
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo
    they cannot
    01-09-09 05:40 AM
    The government does have the ability to activate the mic in your phone even when it is off (as long as the battery is in).
    WHAT?!?

That's it... where did I put that tin foil hat... that'll keep them outta my head!
    01-09-09 06:00 AM
    I just keep my own BB and did not take the coompany issued one. I carry just the one device and use it for personal calls off hours as well as personal emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 06:18 AM
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo
    they cannot
    sorry, I didn't follow what you are saying no they cannot to? If it's in regard to the GPS, they certainly can.
    01-09-09 06:29 AM
    Thats very true, you can also wipe the device and they cant track/control the device either.
    Wiping the phone doesn't remove the IT policy. Even if the policy is removed using other methods, as soon as it gets registered on the BES again, the policy would be reactivated.
    01-09-09 07:30 AM
    OK - I will open the can of worms......

The government can't JUST monitor your cell phone for no reason. I know we like conspiracy theories, but they (the govt) has to have a reason even if it is under the Patriot Act stuff.

The rub with the voice and video is that it is not so much the employee's right to privacy but others, like the public in general, or how about your family? There are tons of these examples.

And yes there are some IT personnel who will abuse it and they should be dealt with appropriately.

Does anyone know if their company is monitoring audio and video? Can BB's stream the video?
    01-09-09 11:33 AM

The government can't JUST monitor your cell phone for no reason. I know we like conspiracy theories, but they (the govt) has to have a reason even if it is under the Patriot Act stuff.

sweetie, they are the government...

THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT. whether it is legal or not. ever heard or income tax?
    Last edited by chelseytx; 01-09-09 at 12:01 PM.
    01-09-09 11:59 AM
    sweetie, they are the government...

THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT. whether it is legal or not. ever heard or income tax?
    Exactly...if its not legal right now, all they have to do is make it legal and there you go.

01-09-09 12:28 PM
    Companies can monitor where you are and some do so. Also even if you have the gps set to 911 only, do you really think a company or the government, if they chose, could not pick up that signal.
    01-09-09 12:32 PM
    So hilarious, you really should live in a third world.......
    01-09-09 04:42 PM
    You cant change it if you are on BES. You dont have that capability using a company phone.
    I am on BES and my company owns the phone and I just changed mine to location off. Depends on how much freedom the company gives you.
    01-09-09 07:33 PM
    Yes, they know where you are! And so do I .... you should be ashamed of yourself!!!
    01-09-09 09:39 PM
    What are you up to? I'm intrigued. Lol.

01-09-09 10:02 PM
    Yes, they know where you are! And so do I .... you should be ashamed of yourself!!!
    Don't forget about the goverment! Unless the battery is out of your phone they can track you and monitor all conversations you're having. Even if your phone is off. Heard that on Dateline. And yes I believe everything Chris Hansen tells me

Lol. Love the shame on you part

01-09-09 10:05 PM

The rub with the voice and video is that it is not so much the employee's right to privacy but others, like the public in general, or how about your family? There are tons of these examples.

And yes there are some IT personnel who will abuse it and they should be dealt with appropriately.

Does anyone know if their company is monitoring audio and video? Can BB's stream the video?
    ever hear the phrase "it is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission". if sam wants to cluster it under homeland security and it needed to monitor your cell phone, internet, snail mail . . they will and without going through legal channels. the government isn't worried about the rule of law if and when the need arises. even "if" it was worried about the rule of law, the government would do whatever and then worry about the legal consequences later
    01-10-09 04:05 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";