My company is getting new servers and I need to know if I need to buy a new BES which is just software right? There are 4 of us who have blackberry's and I remember we had to buy licences when we got the blackberrys. We do not have an annual support plan. My outside IT guys are trying to make me purchase a support plan because we get free software downloads and tech support but I think it's because they don't really understand blackberrys. Help...I don't want to get hosed.
    10-18-07 09:05 PM
    The best approach forward would be to install software onto to the new server, but you'll need also need a Temporary SRP Key from the carrier your company uses to enable you to have both the legacy and new servers running simultaneously.
    10-22-07 09:01 AM
    You can get small business BBES software for free from blackberry.com and just add you current CAL licenses to it when you replace your current servers. Yes, it's basically just software. We use the support alot, but if you only have 4 devices then you don't really need it. Your carrier can support you.
    10-25-07 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD