I am overwhelmed with all my options. What's the difference between texting, emailing, or using your PIN? Do they use different amounts of airtime? Are they easier to access? Which do you prefer and why? (Help a noobie figure out her preference!)
    06-10-08 11:05 PM
    ok im new aat this to but my prefernce depends on who it is for example you can only pin Crackberries so that oust everyone else I email those with no phone or for business purposes and text friends and family also if you have unlimited internet emailing not extra and as for textmessaging it depend on how many you have for the month unless it unlimited hope this else good luck and welcome to crackberry!!!
    06-10-08 11:24 PM
    PIN messenging is for sending messages to other BB users, using Blackberry messenger using their PIN number instead of a phone number. This uses data.

Text/SMS messaging is send some message using their phone number and this uses SMS messages. Check you plan to see how many you have to send.

Email....self explanatory.
    06-11-08 11:28 AM
    yeah, what scorp said!
    06-11-08 11:49 AM
    ok im new aat this to but my prefernce depends on who it is for example you can only pin Crackberries so that oust everyone else I email those with no phone or for business purposes and text friends and family also if you have unlimited internet emailing not extra and as for textmessaging it depend on how many you have for the month unless it unlimited hope this else good luck and welcome to crackberry!!!
    I second that.

Welcome to the Crackhouse, weve been expecting you
    06-11-08 12:52 PM
    Great answers here...

However, I noticed you used the word "airtime." The only time your device will use airtime, or minutes, is when you are on an actual voice call.

Using your browser, BB messenger, and emailing use data... Word to the wise: If you don't already have unlimited data, get it. I would also suggest unlimited texting if you text a lot.
    06-11-08 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD