Or T9 word, or whatever you like to call the predicative text on cell phones. How many of you have come from that to a SureType QWERTY or to a full QWERTY? I feel like the SureType might be easier to adjust to, but the full will be nicer in the long run? Thoughts? This is probably the only thing tying up my decision between getting the VZW 8830 WE or waiting for the VZW 8130.

Thanks.
    10-25-07 12:26 PM
    I was so used to Predictive Text that this is a lil hard to get used to. I wish the phone would remember frequently used words!
    10-25-07 12:32 PM
    I was a T9 machine but the full keyboard is def a relief once you get used to it. Took me a bit to adjust but I dig it much better now. You can put commonly mistyped words or abbreviations into the AutoText too and it corrects them for you - kinda like the T9 (but not really)
    10-25-07 01:10 PM
    I went from T9 to full QWERTY. It took me a while to get used to it as well. But now I'm fine. AutoText helps a lot, a azeis said.

-Anthony
    10-25-07 10:49 PM
    I'm a big fan of the full keyboard, for what it's worth.
    10-25-07 10:51 PM
    So is AutoText kinda like your own dictionary in the sense that spell check won't mark them wrong? Or is it just preset words that you can insert?
    10-26-07 12:20 AM
    It corrects word for you. Like if you type youre it makes it you're. Just makes life easier. You can add any text to it as well. For example if you want to say "Crackberry" when you type "CB" its done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-07 01:04 AM
    I was also a T9 fiend, and now I'm rockin' teh QWERTY. I prefer it over T9.
    10-26-07 09:16 AM
    i love the SureType, mine corrects words and uses my words i use the most pretty well....some people hate suretype tho...i think it would take some getting used to if i switched to the Curve like i want to.
    10-26-07 10:01 AM
    this is the second phone that i've had with the full QWERTY keyboard layout ... when i try and type something on my friends T9 phones i get upset and toss their phone back at them and demand they type for me ... LOL ... I've also come to find with the BB and the autotext that when I type on a computer keyboard I try and use the same shortcuts as on the BB ... LOL
    10-26-07 12:31 PM
    I've also come to find with the BB and the autotext that when I type on a computer keyboard I try and use the same shortcuts as on the BB ... LOL
    I do the same thing! youre, wer (for we're), and il (for I'll) are what I usually type on my computer before I have to fix it.

-Anthony
    10-26-07 02:17 PM
    Full qwerty for me!

I have so much trouble typing on my regular keyboard after using my BB. I can never remember to use a period anymore - I just hit the space bar twice and expect the period to show up and I always forget to cap the first letter of a sentence on the keyboard.
    Last edited by MiniBB; 10-26-07 at 03:47 PM. Reason: because I forgot to cap the first letter of the sentence!
    10-26-07 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD