I was an Android user that decided to see what my "Crackberry" craze was all about. My biggest complaint is how my BB 9930 is so limited it its ability to sync multiple colors with my iPad. I cannot seem to figure out how to sync multiple calendars of the same Google account to my BB. My current way to work around this set-back was the creation of 6 different Google accounts in order to have different colors for different calendars. I do not miss most of the Apps as much as I thought I would, but I do miss Shazam, Words with Friends and Free MP3 downloads.

On the other hand, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the keyboard on my BB... I am not sure if I could ever give it up! It is so crisp and responsive that I actually ENJOY typing on my BB. I really disliked how difficult and inaccurate it was to type on my EVO 4G. I agree that the message notification is second to none. I still learning all the shortcuts and integrations for the BB, but I really am loving the phone so far!
    09-30-11 09:05 AM
    Well I had a 8330 way back when they were popular. I then switched to the EVO and now have the EVO 3D as my main line but have picked up a BB Tour for my second line. The BB is so much more efficient at keeping my appointments in order.
    09-30-11 08:12 PM
    I came back from android I missed the physical keyboard and the business like abilities that BB has.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 08:15 PM
    I was a long time BB user, abuser and proponent. I was then bitten by the android bug and bought a Droid 2. I took it back within 2 weeks, but went back that day and got the D2 back again. It has been a love/ hate thing since- mostly love. A few months ago I upgraded to the LG Revolution 4G LTE.
    Again, I fell in love. The screen size and resolution is amazing. With LTE, I had bursts of 23 Mgb down. Amazing! Navigation is incredible and flawless in my extensive experience. I had nearly 100 useful apps- mostly free.
    Then, the random reboots ( some during important calls), having to close all apps to salvage memory so that the phone isn't too laggy, and then there were the factory resets.... I had to factory reset the device five times and wipe everything because of a known LG booting/ software issue. Battery life was horrible, to say the least. I have to charge it 2-3 times per day just to get through the day. Most recently it lost data connection and would not reconnect.
    VZW is sending out a refurb and I should get it Tuesday. Some say it is just a bad device. So we will see.
    In the meantime, I have reactivated the BB Tour that I came from years ago. It is easy, simple. It makes calls, send texts, and retrieves emails well. Stable.
    There isn't a day goes by that my wife doesn't say... " I want my Blackberry back". She currently has a Droid Incredible. She took a longing look at my Tour today and sighed.
    Anyway, I will give the LG another go this week. But, we do miss our berries.....

ps..... there's no better community for support and friendship like crackberry.com. Androidcentral.com, droid-life, etc, etc cannot compare!

J Garber
    10-02-11 06:57 PM
    In April, I sold my 9700 and bought the HTC Inspire. While there a lot of things it does well, email, messaging and notifications are not among them. Don't even get me started on the battery life. I actually purchased a mobile power pack just in case I was not going to be near an outlet all day. The people that say they can go all day without a charge are simply not using their phone. Also, I'm not a big gamer nor do I do much browsing, so as soon as AT&T puts a 99X0 in its lineup, I am coming back to BB. I cannot wait!
    10-06-11 03:28 PM
    A few years back, I purchased an unlocked 8320 for use without a data plan. I absolutely loved that phone. It handled text messages excellently, phone calls were excellent (along with the brilliantly loud speakerphone!), and I could occasionally get on wifi networks to check email if I really needed to do so.

I then picked up a Droid Incredible as my first "real" smartphone and have had mixed feelings about it. Until it got stolen, it was an okay phone. I could use it for about a day and had rooted it, etc. Now that I have the Droid Incredible 2, I'm not so happy. Freezing, slowness, reboots, little/no ROM support, and I am an unhappy camper.

So, Crackberry forums, what's the best CDMA BB out there that I can purchase unlocked? My plan is to go back to a non-data plan and use it for phone/sms and browsing internet only on WIFI networks. I can't really justify getting a BB plan since it's even more expensive than the ridiculous rates I am paying now (~$93/month for 450 minutes, unlimited text and data).
    10-09-11 09:18 AM
    Where do you live?

Just buy the 9930 if you can, you won't regret it. If that is too much coin, wait for the new Curve to be available its still a monster of a phone and better than a 9650. If you are looking for a great deal on a good device. Get a used, unlocked 9650 from the Marketplace here, people are selling nice once for 100-150, which is a steal on a damn good phone.

I still use a 9700, but will upgrade pretty soon. My 9700 still handles everything i need it to.
    10-11-11 04:53 AM
    My first ever Blackberry has been posted. Moving from a HTC Hero to a 9360.

I had time to use someone's 8520 and just loved the keyboard, small size and sound quality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 02:56 PM
    At last, I have my 9810 arrived this morning, it's sitting quietly in the corner replenishing energy levels. I will change over from my HD2 soon, first observation, looks feels well made and responds quicker than my HD2 of course there are things which I will miss but others which I won't. I've been on this forum for a while now, now I feel official .
    For those in UK I purchased sim free (fed up with carrier interference) "mobile fun" �435 delivery �5 next day. I also got charging cradle for my bedside and a sleeve case. I am so looking forward to a phone that just works as it should and sim only contract.
    10-12-11 04:58 AM
    This thread is only 3 pages long. How depressing
    10-13-11 01:13 PM
    This thread is only 3 pages long. How depressing
    Hi, I'm not sure but I think you need to look again your comment above is on page 8

10-14-11 11:41 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry ... Bold 9900 + Playbook 2.0 ... and bridge .. what an amazing combination! ...

and only getting better ...
    10-15-11 06:28 AM
    I'm coming back from an iphone.
    10-17-11 02:52 PM
    Hi, I'm not sure but I think you need to look again your comment above is on page 8

Depends on how you have your forum settings. I have 40 posts per page, which is still sad.
    10-17-11 04:14 PM
    Finally let my Android go. It's been a love, hate, relationship for some time now. Glad to be pressing real keys again!

10-17-11 11:33 PM
    There are people on earth who dont think apps and browsing are the most important things to do on a phone. I am one of those people. I have an ipad for fun stuff, and a bb for biznass comm.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    10-19-11 04:33 PM
    I'm coming back from my iPhone4. My contract is up and I decided not to get the 4S, and instead go back to what was a very nice BB experience (previous device was Storm 2 on ATT). I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to getting a new BB, and as I am an iOS developer professionally, I really liked what I saw/heard from DevCon this year--I think the new OS/dev SDKs are really exciting and I can't wait to dig in and start making some great apps for the BB devices.

Now, if ATT would hurry up and get the 9860 in I'll be all set, although the current 9810 looks like a very nice device as well.

(Also looking forward to getting my hot little hands on a playbook too.)
    10-20-11 01:29 PM
    Switched back to my old Curve from the DRoid X while I wait patiently for the QNX superphones which should arrive as contract end date approaches next year. Hated the touchscreen for fast texting in motion with ez typing errors / auto-changing of words and intrusive auto-correct. Currently enjoying the PB and patiently waiting for any OS upgrades.
    10-20-11 10:07 PM
    I was using a bold 9650 and went to the samsung fascinate android. it was nice at first then I missed BBM, built in password keeper and many other features that come standard on Blackberry. so now I have the torch 9650 and it rocks. I am looking forward to the BBX platform to come into play now.
    10-21-11 10:30 AM
    I was a long time BB user with the Storm2 being my last one. I went with the DINC and now have the Thunderbolt and can't stand the OS. There are some things that I like about it, but more things that I don't. Looks like with the new BB7 phones, they have enhanced much of the experience that were issues for me before, mainly the internet, so I just purchased the 9850 and it should be here Monday morning.

I can't wait for it to get here. I always loved the BB platform. I was waiting to see if anything would come of the BBX phone at DevCon, but with nothing really going there, I went ahead and got the 9850. I would have liked to know if the BB7 phones would be upgradeable to BBX, but truth be told, I'll be buying the BBX phone as soon as it gets out anyways, so I'm not worried about it.
    10-21-11 12:07 PM
    This morning my wife decided that she didn't want all the bells and whistles that come with a BlackBerry. She asked me to re-activate her old "dumb" phone. I did and she was happy to have her simple to operate phone back.

I went to work and about an hour later I get a text from her that she made a mistake and wanted her BlackBerry back.

It reminds me of the little kid who throws a fit and runs away from home but only makes it around the block before deciding that leaving was a bad move.

up488 and chrisstanley1987 like this.
    10-22-11 09:05 PM
    It has been about a month since I left Android... and I am still loving the 9930. I know a lot of people have moaned about the camera, but it is one of the strong points in my book. Waaaaay better than my Droid or Droid 3... except on close-ups.
    landolambert7 likes this.
    10-23-11 11:20 PM
    Hey fellow CrackBerry addicts,

Back in 2008 I got my first BlackBerry. It was a BlackBerry Pearl 8100. I truly loved that phone. After a while I decided to try some other phones. The smartphone crazy (iPhone and Droid) hadn't really hit yet so I was just using different feature phones. After a while, once I got back from Iraq (and yes I am a U.S. Servicemember), it was time for me to upgrade. I was stuck between getting a BB Tour or a Motorola Droid 1. Well, I didn't know any better and I got the Droid. I used it for about 8 months and then I came to a crushing set of realizations. Droid was flashy, but the battery life sucked. It took some practice to get good at the touchscreen keyboard as the qwerty was a bit too wide and uncomfortable to use. There were a lot of apps, but I quickly found out that they were buggy. But enough about that. I eventually had to suspend service on my Droid bc its SIM is built in and when I moved to Italy where I am now, I couldn't put an Italian SIM chip in it. A family member gave me an iPhone 2G to use, I jailbroke it and liked it at first but it had no qwerty keyboard. On top of that I had to use yahoo or AIM messengers to talk with people and not everybody uses that.

Long story short, I'm a guy who loves communication and BlackBerry came back to me. I found myself wishing I had bought the Tour instead of the Droid. So at the start of this year, I went to the cell store and bought a BB Bold 9330. I loved it but a friend decided to sell me her Storm Two and I bought that one. Then I walked into the shop one day and saw a BB Torch 9800. I fell in love with it. I sold the other two BBs to friends after showing them BBM and the simplicity of the OS and how reliable the phone is. Then I bought the awesome phone I'm using now. I love my Torch. And thanks to using the other BB models, I've come to better understand how they work and how far they've come from the 8100 I had so long ago. (Btw before I moved I sold that 8100 to a friend in the states. Yup swayed another one to BB). I'm eyeing the newer BB Torch 9810 or as I call it the Torch 2.0 and hoping to get my little digits on a BB Playbook as well. Long live RIM and BlackBerry. This CrackBerry addict isn't going anywhere now. :-)
    10-25-11 02:41 PM
    Making a first post/intro via this thread...I'm Mike in central Florida and I've just recently started using my first BB - an 8520 Curve. The only other smartphone I've owned was an iPhone 3GS. Not a bad device, but as others have noted once the "app" novelty wore off, it was just a bulky text machine.

I'm really starting to like the BB and what's offered for it. In fact, this was a hand-me-down from my wife(she went to Android) so in the near future I may be looking for a newer Blackberry. Thinking about the Bold(whenever AT&T decides to sell the new ones) or maybe a Torch which are nice looking as well!

Oh well, we'll see...glad to be part of the forums and hope to learn some good stuff about my new BB!

Thanks,

Mike
    10-26-11 11:56 AM
    welcome aboard. I would go for the new Bold, however I am very happy with my Torch. There is a new Torch with 0S7. For a machine that does fantastic email, texting, BBMs the new Bold is supposed to be without equal and i am told the browser is very strong as well. Good luck!
    10-28-11 10:49 AM
568 ... 34567 ...