I would be so happy if I could make up my mind! I change the phones on my line so often that I expect that the Verizon billing computers will implode some day while trying to calculate my bill! I have a 9650 which I love, and I am anxiously waiting for the new Bold Touch. If it is as good as it appears that it will be, I will pay retail for it. I also have an iPhone 4 and an HTC Incredible. I absolutely love both of those phones as well. I wish I could be monogamous as far as my phones are concerned because it would be much simpler to use just one phone, but how would I ever chose ??? Does anyone else go thru this? It would be comforting to know that I'm not alone in this phone-fest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 06:59 PM
    Whats going on crackberry, I am back after about a year long break. Got an iPhone and love it at the same time I kept missing my BB. Today I went out and got a Curve 3G and I love it. Its not as nice as my 9700, it does run OS 6 which is really nice. I am still hooking it all up now its great to be back!
    07-30-11 07:41 PM
    Well. I love my blackberry so much I thought I'd take it swimming with me last night ... I will be carting my droid around til I can figure out how to salvage this..
    07-31-11 09:34 AM
    Fudge........
    07-31-11 09:34 AM
    Google Nexus One is the so far my first and the only smartphone, it's quite exciting but the battery life is not satisfactory, with moderate use, the battery lasts only 10 hours. So I'm now thinking of switching to Blackberry. 9900 or torch 2.
    08-02-11 04:30 AM
    I was a loyal Blackberry user until about a year and a half ago. I switched to a Droid from the Storm which I hated. I loved the Droid for about 6 months, but I think it was because I disliked the Storm so much. I used the Droid for about a year before buying a used Tour. I loved having my BB keyboard back and my email working the way it should. I then got tempted into the iPhone 4 as my wife was upgrading her non smartphone. I have loved it for the most part. It really is a great device. The problem is that it is still lacking the keyboard and the email, messaging and overall productivity of the device is not the same as the Blackberry. I don't really play games on it, but I love having a device that I can actually use the web on. The updates coming with IOS 5 look promising too.

Now with the 9930 coming out I am very tempted to come back to Blackberry. My wife doesn't understand why, but she uses her phone differently than I do. I use it more for email, messaging and social networking. All work related for the most part. I have been creeping Crackberry forums for about a month now waiting for some good release dates. Hopefully those are coming soon....
    08-02-11 03:25 PM
    Just moved back from Apple after three years.. Iphone 4 was awesome except for making calls that would drop or ****ty reception.. I had a coupld of warranty returns but still had the same problem. Currently on a 9700 waiting for the 9860 to launch so i can order it.
    08-02-11 05:04 PM
    A couple of my friends have returned to BB from iphones. I have an ipod touch and ipad 2 so that satisfies my need for apps... it's more of a toy for my 3 year old.

I prefer BB. I see it as a communication tool and that's all I need it for... OK.,, maybe for the occasional MP3 function and camera too.

BB are very solidly built and does what it advertises it does, with the occasional reset and glitch. And I get 2 days of battery life on my original Storm, unless I use it heavily. Overall, I'm staying with BB ... for now.
    08-04-11 11:06 PM
    I got a new droid x2... its capabilites are great, I think better than the iphone, but some glitches... I still have my curve 8530 though
    08-05-11 09:28 AM
    I've moved back to the Bold 9650 after using android for a while. The move back was based on a change in my "hierarchy of needs". For a long while, my phone was just a personal device; great for my personal email (gmail), web browsing, and a few games here and there. But with a recent promotion to head of a major department, I've found that I need a reliable phone; yes, you know that part where you hold it up to your ear, and you hear someone talking to you, and you can talk back?

My android device just wasn't cutting it in that department; missed calls that wouldn't even register unless the caller left a voicemail, was the worst part ( and yes, I did the update that samsung put out to fix it; actually made my phone worse). Then the last straw was the other day I was supposed to meet a business contact, drove down to where we were supposed to meet, and pulled out my Mesmerize to call him, and the phone was busy taking a ram dump (seriously!)

Long story short, called us cellular, explained everything (including the fact that the current mesmerize was a replacement phone they had sent me), and was extremely polite with just a hint of frustration in my voice. Explained that I needed a reliable device for business; his first offer? Bold 9650. I said I'll take it! He tried to get me to consider a couple of other android devices, but I said here's the thing. I don't have anything against android. BB may not have the best web browser, or biggest selection of apps, but they have proved reliable in making reliable phones that function great as business devices (phone, email, etc.) As long as I have evernote and dropbox, I'll be ok. I know when I wake up in the morning, my phone will work, and do what I expect it to do. Android is a fun OS for hacking and playing around with; I may get an android tablet to fill any "app voids" (or a playbook once I see how Android apps run on it).

So in short, I'm glad to be back on BB not because androids a horrible os, but because BB fits my smartphone hierarchy of needs.

(And I must say, there's something about holding it typing on it and seeing the multi-color led that releases a rush of endorphins to the back of my brain! No wonder they call it Crackberry!)

Last edited by john_v; 08-05-11 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spaced for better readability
    omi10468, Carllide and ladeberry like this.
    08-05-11 01:13 PM
    Ok this time I am back for real…I tried the Curve 3G but the resolution on it was really bad. I ended up getting a Bold 9700 from ATT. I also have the iPhone 4 but thats just for FaceTime with parents who live out of state. I have tried so many phones the last two years it is amazing. I loved the Torch but after a lot of trying I can say that the Bold 9700 will always be my baby. Communicating efficiency, great battery life and solid call quality make it the phone for me with the job that I do. I will still carry around my iPhone 4…but it feels so good to be back with BB.
    Daviddlt126 likes this.
    08-05-11 08:00 PM
    In an effort to hold out for the new models. I'm replacing my soaked tour with a 9330 for a few weeks. It's that or the droid. And that's not working out so lovely.
    08-06-11 03:27 PM
    First smartphone was an Android phone, but soon replaced with an iPhone 3G. I didn't like either, as at the end of the day I use my phone for calls, texts, and emails. The touchscreen's just didn't do it for me.

Now on a BlackBerry and here to stay! Looking to get a Bold, maybe the 9780 as it might be cheaper now. But I have a Tour and I love it. All the apps I actually use are on it, and the keyboard is the best app of all.

Thank you RIM.
    08-08-11 10:26 AM
    I was a 8900 user , till the Droid / IOS bug bit me.
    I got myself a HTC desire S (one of the top end models) with the latest droid OS.

But after using it for 2 months, I am back to 8900.
    Bad battery life when compared with my 8900.
    I could squeeze more life out of my droid if I disable all the sync / updates from facebook, twitter , mail and other apps.
    Then wats the point of having a smart phone if I disable all the "smartness".

I never warmed to touch keypads. After a while the apps became less usefull and more of a toy.

Now a happy BB user. Planning to change my ageing workhorse 8900, to 9700 or 8250. The droid sleeps in my shelf. The only app I will miss is skype with video chat.
    08-10-11 05:59 AM
    I use many smart phones but no one is comfortable for me and these phones doesn't looks very attractive. These smart phones are not flexible as Blackberry's mobiles are. Blckberry's phones are more times better than these smart phones
    08-11-11 02:02 PM
    I currently own a Droid X and am waiting to test out a BB 9930. Never been a BB user, so maybe you guys could tell me some of the great features for the phones? I really don't like my phone currently. Motorola really messed up the software to about 50% of the their phones and it's doing everything from shutting itself off to turning itself back on after it's manually shut down for the night. I can't even use my multitouch keyboard on my phone anymore, have to use Swype (throws up).
    08-11-11 04:16 PM
    Perhaps not completely relevant, but I was at the Rogers store buying a new curve for my secretary. Next to me at the counter was a young lady returning her iPhone for her old Blackberry. "You don't like your BB?", the clerk said. Nope, I want my Blackberry back. Not sure what device she was going back to, however I suspect the tactile keyboard and the BBM was what she missed. Wanted to ask her, but my Blackberry rang and it was an important call.
    08-11-11 06:26 PM
    Had a Curve, went to iPhone, now back to a combo of iPhone-Torch. iPhone definitely has the novelty factor. But it does a lot of things poorly and is simply inferior as a phone. After all is said and done, sometimes you just want a clear phone call...
    john_v likes this.
    08-12-11 11:53 AM
    Well. I love my blackberry so much I thought I'd take it swimming with me last night ... I will be carting my droid around til I can figure out how to salvage this..
    Simple. Place it in a zip lock bag of uncooked rice. Give it say 48 hours. Don't try turning it on. My wife through me in the swimming pool and it came back to life. They are made like tanks.
    kazakoshi likes this.
    08-12-11 02:20 PM
    It's a communication's tool. The best. It has some great useful apps -BBM is fantastic. Blackberry Travel very useful for the business man, or casual traveller. Picks up all your travel information and stores it centrally. Don't get fooled that there are not 800 million apps. The ones you need, you'll find.
    john_v likes this.
    08-12-11 03:30 PM
    I can't say enough about the reliability and stability of my Bold. This week has been a breath of fresh air. No force closes, no crashes, no random reboots...and all my calls came through.
    No it doesn't have all the bells and whistles...it doesn't make my coffee for me in the morning...but it keeps me company while I wait for the water to boil! There are so many little things...can't say enough about this Bold as a business device.
    08-12-11 04:08 PM
    As of today, I have now returned to the Blackberry world! I was using an HTC Evo Shift (it was cool at first then the novelty wore off) and I had been missing my BB so I decided to come back! I think I missed the keyboard the most...oh and the simplicity of the OS.
    08-12-11 08:16 PM
    I was a loyal Blackberry user until about a year and a half ago. I switched to a Droid from the Storm which I hated. I loved the Droid for about 6 months, but I think it was because I disliked the Storm so much. I used the Droid for about a year before buying a used Tour. I loved having my BB keyboard back and my email working the way it should. I then got tempted into the iPhone 4 as my wife was upgrading her non smartphone. I have loved it for the most part. It really is a great device. The problem is that it is still lacking the keyboard and the email, messaging and overall productivity of the device is not the same as the Blackberry. I don't really play games on it, but I love having a device that I can actually use the web on. The updates coming with IOS 5 look promising too.

Now with the 9930 coming out I am very tempted to come back to Blackberry. My wife doesn't understand why, but she uses her phone differently than I do. I use it more for email, messaging and social networking. All work related for the most part. I have been creeping Crackberry forums for about a month now waiting for some good release dates. Hopefully those are coming soon....
    This is very similar to my situation. I got the Torch as an upgrade, loved the touchscreen, hated the slider. I then went to an HTC Desire HD, dismal battery meant I only lasted a few weeks. Got an iPhone 4 and I like it but miss the BB. I've also got an iPad2, so don't really need the iPhone so much. I've dug out my old 8520 and am using that at the moment - it feels great in the hand and as a phone/emailer/FB/Twitter device, it is awesome. Web, not so much but I have the iPad for that.

Anyway, held a dummy unit of the 9900 in Vodafone Glasgow a couple of weeks back and I really fancy it, so might lay off the iPhone and buy one off contract once the price slides down from the �499 being asked for the 9900 at the moment

Only thing which worries me is the camera situation.....
    08-14-11 06:03 AM
    I used to have a samsung behold and I used to think it was better than blackberry.Then my mom gave me her old 8900 Curve.And it was like love a first sight.Only problems I hate is the trackpad and trackball.They break to fast.But other than that blackberry beats android and iphone in my opinion.

08-14-11 03:04 PM
    I had an iPhone but HATED it. i had jailbroken it, installed Installous, and all kinds of themes (star Trek LCARS) but it had some things about it that sucked.

1. No memory card requires iTunes to load MP3s onto it, had no way to use that in Linux (all my computers run *nix) and apps that allowed MP3s from Youtube did not save it in the 'iPod' app so i had to leave the screen on and manually hit next track to play the next song which hurt battery life.

2. Closed-up nature. even third-party browsers could not save files where i wanted to, or could not save at all. you could download pictures but not email attachments even with Dolphin HD

3. 3G sucked. it would drop it even if you had great coverage. reduced to Edge which for reasons unknown REFUSED to work outside the Email app. no browsing, Facebook on Edge, HAD to have wifi or 3G

4. This odd auto deep-discharge. every month around the time or day of activation, i would have a full charge one second and waking up the next would display the red battery with plug screen and lightning bolt. every other day was fine, charge lasted. but that ONE day, it would do this, every month that SAME day. it was some auto-deep discharge i guess designed to preserve the accuracy of the battery meter or something, annoyed me to heck!

But i heard about BBs and my mom has a Torch (but i didn't like it since i am not a fan of finger smudges associated with touch screen phones plus her keyboard doesn't work unless you type only numbers, found no way to change it and the resistive touch screen has less accuracy than iPhone's capacitive one) and later i found a BlackBerry Curve from Virgin and i ported from Boost (Virgin has the same service but only charges $35/mo for unlimited BIS!) and the device was selling for only $99 so i went with it, love it! no more SIM failures, (my iPhone had the often 'No SIM Installed' which forces me to shell out $20 for a new SIM) and the addition of the SD card slot which is a lifesaver for MP3 transfers and i can download Ringtones from my computer so easily, not worrying about a limited selection at the provider's site. i have had Android (trust me it SUCKS! worse than iPhone!) and of course iOS but i am loving RIM's rather simplistic OS style.
    08-14-11 03:14 PM
568 1234 ...