I was first introduced to blackberry when I first saw blackberry pearl with the trackball...I thought it was just cool.

Then, after couple years after seeing the pearl, I had my first blackberry curve. I loved everything about the blackberry. Sadly, after a few months I had to give up my Curve 9330, but the good news is, is that I'm back boldy with a Bold 9930. Regardless with what people are saying about how RIM needs to change or shouldn't change, I don't care. I just like RIM for what it is. Of course, I may sound a little bit biased or discriminatory, but I think Blackberry phones just has a lot more class than android or iphone, even people using blackberries xD

I missed blackberry and I just love RIM and BLACKBERRY! It's good to be back.
    05-02-12 04:49 AM
    Hello! I have wanted a blackberry for many years but have stayed away from data plans for cost reasons. Anyway my contract is up in august and I think I'm ready to take the leap. I was smitten with the 9930 because many have said its the best bb yet, esp the keyboard; but now today comes news of the bb10 and all the accompanying excitement. I am eager to learn from you more experiensed bb users as I anxiously wait to jump on board; would I be making a mistake to get a 9930 with this bb10 coming out? Its cool and all that but I thought I'd rather have the physical keyboard, so I figured I'll go with what works for me. I don't mind not having the latest and greatest, but I don't want to have a phone that nobody is dev'ing for if all of rim's resources are redirected to bb10. What thoughts might you experienced bb users offer? Thanks!
    05-02-12 09:45 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I am someone who has rejected Blackberry repeatedly. Back in the 90s when I wanted "the internet in my hand" (somewhat of a difficult prospect at the time) I scoffed at the Blackberry 850, and went for "Windows CE" as it was called at the time. I rode that horse to ground, and fell into using "normal" phones for a while--some good ones.

Then I decided I wanted to get into "smart phones" and thought "blackberry", went to the sprint store and saw the Palm Pre (just released) and fell in love. Well, despite being in love my patience was short, so I strayed and got an HTC Evo...Wow Android is SO cool, so many FREE apps. Well, like those who cheat on their true loves, I felt great remorse after a short fling with Android.

I begged for Palm to take me back, but Palm had changed, and became HP...and although I never stopped trying to win back my "love"...well she died. As much sympathy as I have for WebOS fans (I remain one), it is DEAD. YEARS away from anything as I see it--a shame, but that's reality.

So (and I have no idea why I've fallen into this relationship analogy), I decided I needed to look for a new relationship. I considered giving it another try with the Galaxy Nexus--with a NEW Android, and whether or not the always attractive, but sort of vain and shallow iphone and I could make a go at it, but last week, I decided no--I'm not going to get pulled into those meaningless relationships again--I was going to try and find one that would last.

And that left me feeling good about starting my life anew with the Blackberry Bold AND Playbook. I won't say that things have been totally perfect so far--I'm not a young starry eyed kid anymore (nor is Blackberry). We've both been around a while, and we're more mature and realistic about our own capabilities and short-comings.

That being said...I think there's a lot I can learn to love about my new partner in mobile communication and computing. There's a lot of give and take and compromises to be made, but I think I'm dedicated to making it work. We CAN make it work.

I just hope that Blackberry can stay healthy long term and live a long and healthy life, and we can be together a long time.

Wow, that got REALLY weird didn't it?
    05-02-12 09:51 AM
    ill be back in 2 weeks! havent had a bb since the storm 1... getting a torch 9860
    05-02-12 11:05 AM
    Ironically, I was wondering how the HTC would fare in my hands (it looks so awesome!); but now that you've told me it has no LED... :|!! Lol. I'm very happy with my BlackBerry! I know you weren't coming off that way - but you have to use what is right for you! If that phone doesn't meet your needs, there is nothing wrong with that! I get your point! I NEED an LED! Lol, my 9780 is like an extended organ - I could never part with it! Imagine what the new BB10 phones will look like; coupled with the customizable profiles and LED!!
    So which other platform carriers have an LED besides our beloved BB?
    05-02-12 06:46 PM
    I am an Android user and always will be, i bought my BB device yesterday to communicate better with my friends, 99.9% of them own a BB.
    05-03-12 07:18 AM

certain models of htc have LED lights. mytouch 4g has it... and... umm...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 08:26 AM
    Most of the Motorola androids have an led.
    05-03-12 11:53 AM
    Most of the Motorola androids have an led.

But don't they have horrible battery life?

05-03-12 12:02 PM

My DX has better battery life than my storm did.
    05-03-12 06:32 PM
    Hey people of CB

I just started a new job, and they asked me which phone I wanted. I only had one phone in mind and that was a BlackBerry. I chose it because it was all corporate-like. So a couple of days later, I recieved a BlackBerry Bold 9900. My first reaction was:"OMG, I'm holding a BlackBerry in my hand!" <- I don't know why, but I everytime I think about BlackBerry, its like this: BlackBerry == America. I know RIM is Canadian

Anyway, back to the story... my coworkers were looking at it as well when I turned it on, because no one uses BlackBerry's in Denmark. In all my life, I've only seen one other person having a BlackBerry and that person was my boss. So I start playing with my BB and it was friggin awesome! I love how it syncs with my work-email and all that. Twitter works great and so does Facebook. The keyboard feels great when I press the buttons and its such a slick phone. However there was only one thing that bothered me: No one I know uses a BlackBerry - hence no one I know uses BBM. My list is all empty - no one to write to except my boss. And who writes to their bosses?

So all in all, I gotta admit that I do enjoy having a BlackBerry. My coworkers have opted for HTC's, iPhone's and Samsung's, but I just had to choose different.
    05-05-12 10:37 PM
    no kidding. so many ppl complain about Berry but ive had pretty good stint with mine. i had iphone and i could not stick with it. messaging, customizing, email and abilty to multitask is what keeps me on the Berry iphone finally multitasks, and has notification center. old hat for us!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 10:45 PM
    My first foray into " fancy" phones was a ce5.0 slider phone. I loved that it was a combination of phone and pda.(anyone remember those?) Fast forward a few years, and I moved to a curve 8530. I was very happy to go back to an actual keyboard after using a few dumb phones. The lure of bigger screens, and faster cpus lead me to the Android side of things. Just last week, I needed to resurrect my curve. Man, I forgot just how easy it is to use, and fast to email. I'm now scheming to get rid of my atrix, and hook up a 9810, or bold. Glad to be back.

John
    05-06-12 02:01 AM
    I have read that Android does have some apps to make your phone "behave" a certain way when you get a notification. I would recommend browsing Android Central's forums - they're quite knowledgeable!
    05-06-12 12:45 PM
    Hi all

Well I am coming frm android to bb , owning bb 9220. But I am facing a problem tat s after downloadin crackberry app. , when I am tryin to open it shows tat "apn settings r not correct" I am on bis plan frm vodafone india other third party applications like bloomberg,opera r workin fine, kindly help
    05-09-12 12:34 AM
    I see thread after thread of those who are bailing for unknown territories based on the lore of greener pastures in the land of droid and apple. What I don't here as often online but am seeing w/in our own organization, are those who are coming back home to Blackberry and re-appreciating the no nonsense business ready solid platform that built the blackberry reputation.

I know your out there, it's ok, there's more of us than you think.
    I am curious of iphone 5 and the S3. More importantly, I want a phone with power, and so, I await upgrading when S3 comes to USA. The off is that, we will likely get some dual core throw back which is annoying. Purchase something really out of date. How the couldn't someone now switch to a different phone? Rim has did all. The cpu is garbage, way out of date, and rim has not innovated anything worthy of sticking with them.

Now, if the london or blade (if it is a real phone) were made available now, I may consider it but, based upon their track record, and my past experience with a blackberry, I am better off making my own phone. The few who stick with bb tend to love bbm. Still, this is not enough for me. Android and iphone will have my business.Likely S3 is my next phone. One X is cool but, no SD slot? Not sure if this is real life right now?
    05-09-12 12:04 PM

I'm afraid so does the 9900/30.
    05-09-12 01:16 PM
    I'm back. haha. after a less than a week with the Nokia Lumia 800, I have switched back to a 9700 as my daily driver. The Lumia 800 was great no doubt, But honestly I just wanted to see how it was on the Windows Phone OS as I have always liked Metro UI. It was never meant to be a long term phone. I was expecting to use the Lumia until BB10 arrives, but I missed the efficiency of the BBOS in term of communication. And of course, also BIS.

I use to have a 9000, 9360, 9900, and 9810. So why 9700 you might ask? A few reasons in fact. One I wanted to try an OS6 device, since i previously skipped from OS5 straight to OS7. Then battery life is another. I like the design of the phone and how rugged and durable it is. You can literally change the housing of the phone by just removing a few screws. The navigation buttons are easier to use as they are separated, instead of the one piece plastic like in 9000 and 9360. Left convenience key is a plus too.

Then again, why not the newer 9780? Because to me it isn't worth the price. The internal upgrade is something i have no use for. After shrinking and reloading all my own apps, i still have around 80mb of application memory. More than enough imo. Same processor, same battery. Camera is not so much of an issue with me as on my phone the pictures mostly end up going up on facebook instead, so 2 more megapixel doesn't really do anything for me. I do like the darker bezel colour but that can be changed easily as well on the 9700.

All in all, i'm back on a BlackBerry. It just feels right. haha. This will probably last me till BB10 hits the market.
    05-17-12 10:25 PM
    I see thread after thread of those who are bailing for unknown territories based on the lore of greener pastures in the land of droid and apple. What I don't here as often online but am seeing w/in our own organization, are those who are coming back home to Blackberry and re-appreciating the no nonsense business ready solid platform that built the blackberry reputation.

I know your out there, it's ok, there's more of us than you think.
    Im coming from Verizon Galaxy Nexus cause I miss my keyboard and the development for the nexus is getn stale
    05-29-12 06:08 AM
    Been selling BlackBerry for as long as I can remember; had almost every model and only stepped out of the RiM family for a week when I tried a HTC Hero on Android.

Couldnt get along with the handset or OS and switche dback very quickly.

Now have a 9900 and love it to bits. Fantastic bit of kit...

Looking forward to BlackBerry 10 but happy with what I've got.

Osh
    05-29-12 06:26 AM
    Ok I'm in! I just ordered the 9930 from Amazon and it should be delivered by Tuesday. Man I'm jazzed.

It will be so nice be shed of the htc evo droid bot I have now. The downside is my son is really going to be PO'd as the evo was a gift from him but I just can't stand the thing. If I was a game player it would probably be cool but man it's like the wild wild west with apps starting on their own and such. Very maddening plus it's a battery pig.
    06-01-12 06:18 PM
    I strayed and got myself a Nexus S to see what the Android world was like. Now I regret my decision and will be trying to get my hands on a temporary (unless I looove it) Curve 9320, and hopefully get my hands on the new BB10 when they're released (:
    06-02-12 12:25 PM
    My long serving iPhone 3GS which has been my work phone for the last 2 years (my personal phone before that) recently started to develop an annoying fault. Although I had a love hate relationship with my previous berry (8900) I decided I was going to get another berry. Well i purchased the Bold 9900 and i have to say I love this phone. The new OS is way better, the keypad is by far the best on the market and the reason i didn't go for a cheaper model. The touchscreen is good and the ergonomics of the phone are just perfect for me. However we can never be 100% happy can we? and I the big two issues i have found so far are the poor battery life and the lack of a decent mac software.
    Despite that i am glad to be back to the blackberry family, although I am going to have to go through the blackberry 101 to get used to it again.
    06-04-12 09:39 AM
    I'm back again after 3 months on an iPhone 4s. Picked up a 9320, which is a sweet little handset and great battery, which was my big issue with the 9900. My upgrade is due September 25th, so am hanging on for BB10. Miss the 9900 keyboard though. Must resist temptation to sell the iPhone 4s and get another 9900......
    06-05-12 11:29 AM
    A lot of androids have LED.
    I know HTC & Samsung do.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 02:39 PM
568 ... 1011121314 ...