Like so many here, I strayed from BBerry for a while with Android and iPhone. I was lured by my friends telling me that not only was I a Dinosaur, but I was missing all the great stuff you could get on the iPhone (or Droid). I am not one to worry about image, but I do consider productivity a huge part of a smart phone, so I thought I had better at least "try" the Droid and iOS platforms. So I did. For about six months. I first had an Andorid. Liked it very much. It made sense to me, probably because I have an Android tablet. Liked the way the apps are hidden in a master menu and you can choose which apps go on the screens, unlike iPhone where all of your apps are simply dumped onto your home screens. I also liked certain aspects of the Droid OS like being able to hold a text and get a pop-up menu for email, call, etc. Again, unlike the iPhone where you have to basically scroll to the beginning of a thread before you are presented with operational choices. Apple has a very cult following, and my iPhone friends are frenzied about their beloved iPhones, the way some BlackBerry users are about their beloved Berries. When I went from Droid to iPhone I missed the Droid. Apple has set ways that you will be doing things on their iOS, period. Droid is a tad more customizable.

HOWEVER, NEITHER, IMO, CAN HOLD A PRODUCTIVITY CANDLE TO BLACKBERRY. NOTHING GETS STUFF DONE LIKE A BERRY. AND NOTHING COMMUNICATES LIKE A BERRY.

All I did for six months was whine and gripe and moan to my friends and business colleagues how I missed my BlackBerry. They'd say, "But look at all the stuff you can do on your new smartphone! You can play games, you can really get into social networking, you can bank, you can make reservations at restaurants, you can have access to hundreds of thousands of apps, you can.... blah blah blah blah blah."
    Yes, you can. If that's your thing, having 1000 apps "at the ready" and posting on Facebook and Twitter and Linked-In and doing 100 other things that are not related to your business or your personal schedule, well, then I guess those platforms are for you. Those smartphones were designed from the ground up as mini pocket computers for application management.
    BlackBerries were designed from the ground up as Personal Digital Assistants for busy professionals and for managing your life, your schedule, and your contacts. You CAN do FaceBook, Twitter, and Linked-In if you want, perhaps not quite the same as on other platforms, but it works just fine. And if you want to actually "Call" someone and use your phone as a phone, Berry is sold in this regard.

So I came Back to BlackBerry. Why? Because I have to get stuff done. I'm a buy professional running two companies. I need to be productive, and my BlackBerry allows me to be very productive, while not overwhelming me with all the other minutia that is thrown at you by iOS and Android.

I have missed BlackBerry, and I'll probably not stray again, unless you call upgrading to BlackBerry "10" straying. From what I have seen, the new "10" is awesome. I look forward to it. In the mean time, my 9780 is just fine for me. It works as I need it to. I have a banking app, and a few other key applications that I grew used to on Android and iPhone. These were available on BlackBerry so I use them for productivity sake.

Glad to be back.
    These post are the ones that make me wonder if people have there own self control over how they use there smartphones. The reason I say this is because of the authors second to last paragraph. What do you mean all the stuff that is thrown at you. You aren't being forced to use applications on Android and the iPhone unless you want to use them. No one is holding a gun to your head saying Download this game and play it to waste time from doing your job effectively. If you don't like the feel and look. That's one thing but to blame it on "Things being thrown at you" please be more specific because that sounds like a cop out.

Sent from the smartphone of my choice using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 12-23-12 at 01:20 PM.
    12-23-12 10:28 AM
    Had an S3 for 3 days and then returned to my 9360 and playbook. S3 is an awesome phone,but the battery life is terrible. had no widgets running and turned most of the features off. maybe it was just a dud battery, but I also missed the BBM and email on the BB too much. I am now patiently waiting for the blackberry Z10.
    tangyboy likes this.
    12-23-12 12:50 PM
    Had an S3 for 3 days and then returned to my 9360 and playbook. S3 is an awesome phone,but the battery life is terrible. had no widgets running and turned most of the features off. maybe it was just a dud battery, but I also missed the BBM and email on the BB too much. I am now patiently waiting for the blackberry Z10.
    I hear that. I am, for the first time, starting to really anticipate "10". I may make the hop to the new platform sooner than I originally thought. I love my 9780, but after viewing the videos of the new OS, I may not be able to resist it.

I can't say I missed BBM when I was away from BlackBerry. I only BBM with one contact, and then only once in a blue moon. Very few of my business associates are on BlackBerry, and none of my friends are. Sad, but true.
    12-23-12 08:39 PM
    I hear that. I am, for the first time, starting to really anticipate "10". I may make the hop to the new platform sooner than I originally thought. I love my 9780, but after viewing the videos of the new OS, I may not be able to resist it.

I can't say I missed BBM when I was away from BlackBerry. I only BBM with one contact, and then only once in a blue moon. Very few of my business associates are on BlackBerry, and none of my friends are. Sad, but true.
    Here in SA BBM is still the cheapest way to comunicate, still have 42 contacts, althought people are leaving BB for other platforms quite rapidly. That is why we need BB10 here ASAP. One thing I am very dissapointed in is the fact that Whatsapp is not initially coming to BB10. itnis another "must have app" in my country. Extremely disspointed in the developers.
    12-24-12 01:49 PM
    Yes, last time I was in London, I saw nothing but BBM ads on the Tube (Underground) and other places. You'd think BlackBerry and BBM was the hottest thing since sliced bread in London.
    Yep, we need "10" ASAP. The brand is fading and needs a jump-start.
    12-24-12 02:11 PM
    It's true I had my Bold 9650 awhile back then had the HTC Trophy (windows phone)and before my Bold numerous andoroid phones and now I'm stationed in South Korea (U.S. Soldier) using an Iphone 4s but in all actuality I have missed my Blackberry immensely lol. No matter what platform I have, I always miss my Blackberry. I'm scheduled to be returning to the U.S. here in March and to start a new phone plan and without a doubt will I be returning to My long lost beloved Blackberry Bold I honestly cannot wait fyi yall rock for keepin the love going!!
    CMWYW likes this.
    12-26-12 06:30 AM
    It's true I had my Bold 9650 awhile back then had the HTC Trophy (windows phone)and before my Bold numerous andoroid phones and now I'm stationed in South Korea (U.S. Soldier) using an Iphone 4s but in all actuality I have missed my Blackberry immensely lol. No matter what platform I have, I always miss my Blackberry. I'm scheduled to be returning to the U.S. here in March and to start a new phone plan and without a doubt will I be returning to My long lost beloved Blackberry Bold I honestly cannot wait fyi yall rock for keepin the love going!!
    First, thank you for your service to our country.

Second, if your experience is anything like mine, you will really appreciate being back to BlackBerry.

I appreciated Android. I really did. Probably because of my Android Tablet. And I knew my way around iPhone since I have had an iPod Touch for a few years and that's basically an iPhone without a phone interface. Still, IMO, nothing rocks productivity like a Berry. Nothing. As I've said before, sure, if I wanted a ton of apps at my disposal, or if a really cool GUI was a necessity, I may have stayed with iOS or Android. But my goals are simple. I have to call a lot of people. I have to turn a large volume of emails around quickly. I have to text about 20 times a day. I have to check FaceBook and Linken-In once or twice a day, and I have to sometimes check in for flights or double check hotels or maybe do some quick banking. My Berry does all this with elegance and swift dispatch. If I want to book a reservation for dinner, I've got an app for that on Berry (Open Table is still available). If I want to book a hotel room via Kayak, or a Marriott app, they are available. Sure, you have got a lot less apps at your disposal, but the important ones are there for me. Sadly, my stock broker just shut down the BlackBerry app port, but that's OK. I mean, I'm not Gordon Geko, nor am I a Stock Broker. I don't need to trade from my Berry. I can wait until I get to a PC for that.

Everyone is different. But I'm glad to be back to Black. I missed it. Let us know once you get state-side and get your Berry Back if you feel the same.
    nicrallred and CMWYW like this.
    12-26-12 05:27 PM
    dumped BB for WP8... WP is amazing in a lot of ways BUT it's just missing way way to many of the small things sooo I'll be returning with BB10 without a doubt (ill still keep my HTC 8X though)
    Last edited by Villain; 12-27-12 at 01:22 AM.
    nicrallred and CMWYW like this.
    12-26-12 07:29 PM
    First, thank you for your service to our country.

Second, if your experience is anything like mine, you will really appreciate being back to BlackBerry.

I appreciated Android. I really did. Probably because of my Android Tablet. And I knew my way around iPhone since I have had an iPod Touch for a few years and that's basically an iPhone without a phone interface. Still, IMO, nothing rocks productivity like a Berry. Nothing. As I've said before, sure, if I wanted a ton of apps at my disposal, or if a really cool GUI was a necessity, I may have stayed with iOS or Android. But my goals are simple. I have to call a lot of people. I have to turn a large volume of emails around quickly. I have to text about 20 times a day. I have to check FaceBook and Linken-In once or twice a day, and I have to sometimes check in for flights or double check hotels or maybe do some quick banking. My Berry does all this with elegance and swift dispatch. If I want to book a reservation for dinner, I've got an app for that on Berry (Open Table is still available). If I want to book a hotel room via Kayak, or a Marriott app, they are available. Sure, you have got a lot less apps at your disposal, but the important ones are there for me. Sadly, my stock broker just shut down the BlackBerry app port, but that's OK. I mean, I'm not Gordon Geko, nor am I a Stock Broker. I don't need to trade from my Berry. I can wait until I get to a PC for that.

Everyone is different. But I'm glad to be back to Black. I missed it. Let us know once you get state-side and get your Berry Back if you feel the same.
    Thank you and I plan on lettin everyone know once i get my new Berry I can't wait. I was very interested in the playbook too right when it came out but got caught up with gettin ready to leave for the Service and other things that I just lost track of my hobbies. But since I made up my mind already on going back to Black I'm finally purchasing my Playbook tomorrow and cannot wait!!
    CMWYW likes this.
    12-27-12 05:35 AM
    dumped BB for WP8... WP is amazing in a lot of ways BUT it's just missing way way to many of the small things sooo I'll be returning with BB10 without a doubt (ill still keep my HTC 8X though)
    I would really like to hear about the WP8. My bucket list includes having one for a month - just to get to know that OS. Basically to play with when I'm not using my BBerry for productivity. What did you like about WP8? What were the "many of the small things" that were missing?

Thanks!
    12-27-12 03:00 PM
    Just quick request:

Could any of you please recommend why I should cancel my order for a Nexus 4 for a BB10? Being from Canada, 3-year contracts suck.
    12-28-12 05:53 PM
    Playbook is awesome. Just needs more support from devs, but other than that it has the best OS of all the tablets out there. ihave used all the galaxy tabs and Ipads out there and the Playbook is the smoothest at what kt does. My opinion only so please don't freak out everyone.
    12-29-12 03:01 AM
    I did not realize that Canadians did 3 year contracts. Sheesh. That's a hard nut to swallow. I have worked in Europe, and the Europeans thought that Americans were drunken goofy fools for signing 2 year contracts. Much of Europe is Pay-As-You-Go. I bailed on my T-Mo Contract the last time I returned from Europe and have been happy as a clam with my Simple Mobile BlackBerry plan ever since. I'll never do a contract again, unless I have to to get BIS. Luckily Simple Mobile here in the US offers genuine unlimited BIS for $50.

I personally would not offer any advice to you. It's really a personal preference issue. I came back to BlackBerry because I need to be efficient during the day. I don't need tons of apps nor a pretty GUI to be happy with my smartphone. I also prefer the current BlackBerry interface more than any of the others. HOWEVER, If I were not running two companies from my SmartPhone, I'd probably go with Android. I really like Android. I find it more open and customizable than iPhone. And it's "fun". If I were just carrying a Smart-Phone for fun, I'd go Android and not Berry at present.

OS "10"? I think it's the best of both worlds! I can't wait to see what first Generation Users will say. I'll probably make the hop to "10" after about six months.

You have to do what you think is best for your use and lifestyle and your requirements of a Smart-Phone. Define your needs and what you use a phone for. For me at present, it's more productivity than anything else. And I think that the "10" will be the ultimate combination of the awesome BIS and interface combined with a really great GUI and hopefully some awesome apps.

Good luck!
    12-29-12 05:57 AM
    I did not realize that Canadians did 3 year contracts. Sheesh. That's a hard nut to swallow. I have worked in Europe, and the Europeans thought that Americans were drunken goofy fools for signing 2 year contracts. Much of Europe is Pay-As-You-Go. I bailed on my T-Mo Contract the last time I returned from Europe and have been happy as a clam with my Simple Mobile BlackBerry plan ever since. I'll never do a contract again, unless I have to to get BIS. Luckily Simple Mobile here in the US offers genuine unlimited BIS for $50.
    There's plenty of pay as you go options available in Canada; its just that as a general rule, you get your phone for free or at a deep discount if you sign a 3 year contract. Personally I prefer pay as you go, but I don't want to pay $400-500 for the latest toys, so I usually wait for new releases, like the release of BB10 coming up, then I buy the older models for a lot less than they originally retailed for. My latest purchase is a Torch 9810. I got it for $150.00, mainly because of BB10's impending release. The original retail on it was $500.00

The government from time to time issues rumblings about forcing cell companies to change their policies, but so far, not much has actually changed.
    12-30-12 10:39 AM
    I would really like to hear about the WP8. My bucket list includes having one for a month - just to get to know that OS. Basically to play with when I'm not using my BBerry for productivity. What did you like about WP8? What were the "many of the small things" that were missing?

Thanks!
    Probably the same that are missing with win8 on a desktop or laptop. The whole start page and the apps that belong to that side are so limited in options and settings, sure the tiles are live and that's nice but when you want to do something with the app it's so basic and limited. At least that's what I think of it on my lappy. One click and I'm on the desktop and stay there, I don't sign in with my live ID either so there is nothing on the tile UI side I use at all.
    12-30-12 10:54 AM
    I had a Blackberry Curve 8520 for a long time. While it was frustratingly slow for web browsing, and it was also frustrating being stuck with an old OS (v5) that couldn't run the latest apps, I loved the built in keyboard, which made texting and email so much easier. I had been hearing a lot about the newer phones and was thinking of upgrading, but then I lost my Curve, and a friend of mine gave me his iPhone 3GS, as he upgraded to a 4S model.

I had previously owned an iPod touch, so was familiar with the iPhone interface. I have to say the most frustrating thing was what I had to do just to unlock the iPhone so I could use it on my pay as you go carrier. First the phone had to be jailbroken, with was an extremely frustrating process. The phone had iOS 5.0.1 on it, but there was no jailbreak available for that version. There was a jailbreak available for v5.1.1, but there was no way to upgrade the phone to that version, as Apple would only allow an upgrade to the latest OS, which was v6.0.1, and you couldn't then downgrade to v5.1.1. Again, there was no jailbreak available for version 6.

In fact, this is why Apple got into trouble with iOS 6, because those who upgraded to v6 and found the maps app didn't work and the OS was buggy, subsequently found that they had no way to downgrade back to the previous versions. What I had to eventually do was downgrade to the original OS that the 3GS came with, version 4.1. This was the only downgrade that Apple supported. Then I could jailbreak it and unlock the phone, but I was once again stuck with an old OS that didn't support the newer apps.

I then decided to buy myself a Christmas present, and got a used Blackberry Torch 9810. I have to say that I love it; and I find it a lot better than the iPhone 3GS. The browsing is very fast and the scrolling is smooth, and the built in features are impressive. I also really like the fact that I have the choice to use the touchscreen, the trackball, or the keyboard. In different situations, all three options have their strengths. While I am not the typical Blackberry user because I do not use BIS, BES or in fact any data services, the phone still has a lot to offer. I have WIFI at home and WIFI at work and there literally hundreds of free WIFI hotspots all over the city, so I cannot justify paying extra for a data plan, especially at the inflated rates that most Canadian carriers charge for it. Battery life is pretty decent, especially since I have no need to use it in 3G mode with no data plan.

It is frustrating finding that so many Blackberry apps try to force you into having a data plan. Alternatives can often be found that work over WIFI, but it can be difficult tracking them down, as they are often not on Blackberry app world. If one is determined enough though, the apps you need can be hunted down. One thing I never understood was why Blackberry never allowed it's users to use BBM over a WIFI connection. Although I heard the latest BBM does use a WIFI connection, it only does so if you first also have a data connection. It saves you on your data plan if you have one, but it does nothing for you if you don't have a data plan. Not being able to use BBM over a wireless connection is frustrating, but then again, it's not really all that big a deal for me, as I mostly use text messaging or email. I can do email through third-party apps like LogicMail, which works very well and integrates all my IMAP and POP accounts into one app.

Overall I am very happy with my new phone. I wish there were more apps available for OS7, and some of the older apps no longer work, but there is enough available to make me happy. I feel BB10 will go over well, and will get Blackberry solidly back in the game. While I'll be stuck on OS7 for a while, it'll keep me happy enough for the time being until I eventually make the jump to BB10.
    Last edited by TheBear64; 12-30-12 at 11:43 AM.
    study_lady likes this.
    12-30-12 11:19 AM
    well I've been wondering if there was a thread for this. I seem to have a problem.

Hi, my name is Dan and I am a BlackBerry addict.....
    I had a 9630, tried a Palm Pre, back to the 9630. Then I tried Evo (android), then back to 9630. Then upgraded to Motorola electrify, then to the 9650, then to 9850, then upgraded to SG2 back to 9850 then to SG3, then just recently I bought a brand new 9850 with January 30th right at the end of the month.
    All the reading and talk of B10 have me excited to have an addiction to BlackBerry. Glad to be back home, can't wait to see what's next :-)
    01-01-13 09:44 PM
    Yes, I did it too. I used blackberry for about 5 years, and had an iphone about three years ago which I didn't like. I use the 9900, however, I picked up the Note 2, being as cool as it was. Honestly, amazing piece of hardware, great toy, but for the amount of emails I do, it was useless. I gave it a good honest go, just over a month. I'm glad I kept my 9900 and playbook, because I switched back and couldnt be happier! The Note 2 was great. The operating system is choppy, and it was far too big to have with me all the time. For updating my social media feeds, BlackBerry is way faster to use. Not all my emails went through, some just vanisged in the android world. I never realized how much I rely on my blackberry until I left. Also, nothing beats BBM! It's pathetic that I missed my contacts like that.
    I'm looking forward to updating to BB10, however, I'll definitely wait for the keyboard model.
    Enjoy your day!
    01-02-13 12:26 PM
    Very glad to be back from the land of Windows Phone. I can't believe I had an affair from my BlackBerry
    I cheated on Research In Motion, had a fling, TWICE technically.
    Here’s the story, should you want to sit thru it.

I needed to shave off any monthly costs I could to try to save some money on my monthly expenses, and paying almost $100 a month to carry my phone was just not cutting it. It was painfully difficult to even think of trying to use a different platform, as here in the good ol’ US of A there really isn’t an option for prepaid BlackBerrys, or so I thought. I ended up getting an Alcatel Venture on Virgin Mobile, picked it up for $30 on sale at a Radio Shack. It is an Android powered QWERTY.

Talk about cheap love. I hated that thing but had needed it because I do afterall have to have a phone since I don’t have a landline or home internet service, and it was cheap to purchase the handset so I figured I could just deal with it’s ups and many downs. OK, $35 a month, good price. I dealt with this thing only about a week and lost it at work. I didn’t realize it was missing until I had just got home from work one morning, and ended up driving all the way back. I had never lost a phone before. Anyway, I spent probably an hour searching everywhere I know I had been and had zero luck. I was in a small way relieved but primarily pissed. I started carrying my deactivated BlackBerry around to use like a PDA; some stuff I use like my Docs 2 Go, and offline apps I really rely on like my checkbook register app and whatnot can be still be used so I did that for about a month. I used it’s WiFi capability when available at a couple places to do some other stuff too.

Finally, I found an alternative I wanted to try; "Windows Phone". I found a Nokia Lumia 900 on Gazelle for $185, and it was in fantastic shape. I saw what they tend to go for and thought that was an excellent deal, and with Straight Talk’s SIM program, I was ready to roll. $45 a month for unlimited everything, still way better than what I was paying Verizon. I chose this too because I’ve said that should the worst happen to RIM, I would sooner roll with Microsoft and Windows Phone than I would iApple or Google again.

I got everything set up and have to admit, for a brief moment, I was actually in love. I was so impressed at how smooth the OS is, how pretty it is, how efficient, and just overall what a pleasure it is to use. The elegant minimalism in it’s design appeals to be big time. I also thought it might be neat to have native Microsoft Office instead of a third party app like Docs 2 Go, which I was wrong on that by the by. I must say it made me quite miserable to only be able to get my Office docs off the device by emailing them or putting them in the cloud. The new Windows Phone 8 allows USB access like any decent smartphone should by default, but no, not this. All other data has to be synced via the Zune client, which is an awfully processor intensive piece of work.

It wasn’t that stuff that was my primary reason for doing what I’ve done next. I was still missing my BlackBerry sincerely before all of this. Once the newness wore off and I really had everything aced, well, absence does make the heart grow fonder. When I found out that Windows Phone 7.x, unlike Windows Phone 8 doesn’t have a proper filesystem encryption, that bothered me. Also, I hate typing on glass. Hate it. I must say in Microsoft’s defense that their implementation of the virtual keyboard is probably the best I’ve ever tried to type on, but I hate trying to type on glass for anything. It cuts my speed and accuracy in half, and maybe a little more.

Excluding how well BBOS as I know it fits me like a hand in glove, and excluding a fairly deep rooted to the platform and company, I have to say there are two primary reasons, only being technical and not emotional, that I choose BlackBerry; security of my data, and the keyboard, the latter I could even learn to live without if I absolutely had too. Having any feeling whatsoever that my data is only secured on a sub-par level, which is pretty much anything that is not a BlackBerry, is just not cool with me. Let me explicitly state that as I’m aware nothing is unbreakable, I would sooner trust BlackBerry’s globally recognized top-grade security than anything else.

I can say after my Windows Phone experience here the same thing I’ve said for a while now; if the worst should come about for RIM and they cease production, I would roll with Microsoft. Windows Phone 8 does at least offer some sort of filesystem encryption and USB mass storage access now, but it’s not enough. It isn’t ‘me’ and just does not merit my trust nor hold a candle to my feelings towards BlackBerry.

So how did I get back to BlackBerry? Did I give up and go back to Verizon? **** no. I really, really wish I would’ve known about this from the beginning. There is a company, owned by TracFone called Simple Mobile. They are apparently the one and only provider in the US that offers full BlackBerry BIS provisioning, prepaid and allows for bring your own device. It is fortunate I have three pays in the month of January because I’ve given in and made some moves. Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile’s 3G and 4G networks, so I bought their SIM, bought a T-Mobile branded Bold 9900, and sold my Lumia to recover a piece of the cost. The setup was briefly trying but accomplished, obviously. Now I’m enjoying the two peas in a pod effect and I learned a couple of lessons which all came from a sense of necessity (trying to reduce the size of a monthly bill.)

One, if you love something dearly enough, there will never be a circumstance that makes the grass truly greener on any other side of anything. Two, the existence of Simple Mobile. I fried some money in all of this I’m not sure I really had, but in the end got my desired effect; I am at least paying $50 a month now for unlimited instead of paying almost $100, so I cut my bill in half. Finally, I have obtained an even deeper understanding of what a goof and loser I really am, because nobody normal should value and cherish a product, a device at the emotional depth that I do. I can’t say I’ve never experimented with other devices over the years, but they were just that; experiments, toying around. This was the first experience I’ve ever had since owning my first BlackBerry that I’ve ever been completely cutoff from being able to dial a quick automated number and have my BB service back. I never sold my previous 9650, and I was even a little bit soothed by carrying it when it was deactivated there so I could some of the things I really needed to do.

In closing, I’m just so glad to be back and the 9900 is just incredible. You can’t make the people who are just “too evolved” and harbor the attitude “it’s just a phone” understand that some can in fact develop such intense attachment and emotional comfort or satisfaction for something that enriches their lives so much; has such a positive impact and adds a certain improvement to ones quality of life, so I just let 'em talk and don't bother.

Rehab sucks. FTW gimme my crack(berry)!

(Yeah…first world problems, I know.)
    01-03-13 06:26 AM
    I can attest, again, to the thoughts about coming back to a Berry. I have left only to return several times in 2012. I had the Note, Lumia 900 and the Lumia 920. Couple that with owning 3 different 9900s and I can honestly say the Bold fits me best. The Note is an awesome device. For fun it cant be beat by the Bold. The Lumias are awesome for staying "plugged in" to your social media world.

But for getting work done I choose my Berry as my daily driver. I still have the Lumia 920 for days that I travel or feel the need to chit chat. The Bold is what I grab during the work week.

I'm a high school coach of 3 different sports and a personal trainer. You can imagine the emails and texts I get and receive daily. Parents, players, coaches and clients flood my email accounts. I have to respond quickly and accurately. I look forward to BB10 but I will wait for the keyboard model too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 08:38 AM
    The recent posts could have been written by me. I can't believe I strayed, but so relieved... YES, relieved to be back to Black. I'd marry my Berry, so to speak. i am 100 times more productive on the BBerry than Android. 150 times more than I was on iPhone. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate Droid and iOS for what they are, but for elegance of productivity at the most pure and effortless level, BlackBerry rules for me. I get so many business emails and texts, its ridiculous. The Berry platform handles these with quick dispatch. And my social networking is just as quick, easy, and elegantly smooth. I have to be on Berry. It's a necessity, not a choice for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 10:03 PM
    Nice phone.........
    01-03-13 11:31 PM
    I am still examining other platforms but my first smartphone was and will always be a Blackberry. I never got into the Android or Apple forums as much as I did the BlackBerry forums. It was just "home" for some reason. Crackberry.com has always been here and I would visit from time to time to see how things were going and I saw how many people left (and then eventually left myself) and yet I couldn't really leave. I lurked to see what new developments were there and what was happening with the company and so on and so forth. Kevin's hair got longer and Blackberry OS changed and then changed again. Finally BlackBerry 10 is here and it's about time. I went from a BB Storm to a Droid Incredible, to an iPhone 4 to an HTC Windows Phone 8X, with an iPhone 5 as my backup and honestly they still haven't added up to the sheer functionality within the BB OS. A context sensitive menu button still is apparently a foreign concept. Yes Android had it but they just about did away with it for whatever reason.

I look forward to Windows Phone (I really like it) and Blackberry 10 showing these "web OSs" what it's all about. (pun partially intended...I thought WebOS was a great idea).
    01-04-13 02:22 AM
    had BlackBerrys for years then decided to see what the fuss of the iphone thing was. got a new 4s on the release date, and to be fair its a great phone. nice large touchscreen (compared to my bold), loads of apps... even after the honeymoon period for the i was still left with a few i used weekly/daily. satnav was great. ebay/facebook 10 times better than what any install i had on a previous bb. imessenger is great, as is the little notifcations that drop down for a new text/email etc.

however, its just not the same as a bb. ive sold the iphone and picked up an 8520 its old, internet is painfully slow, ebay and facebook is rubbish and apps limited. but its great! to top it all off, im picking up a playbook tomorrow so anything the bb cant do great, the playbook can cover the rest!

come upgrade time in April ill see about the bb10 or any other coming out between now and then.
    01-07-13 03:37 PM
    The first smartphone I had was actually a 9650 on Verizon. I bought the Bold for the SIM card and price instead of experimenting with other phones on display. A few of my relatives and friends had Bold around that time and them sporting the device was recommendation enough when aided with the reviews. Luck was not on my side when the tank of device gave in from wear on the trackpad after 8 months.

At this point, I was given the option of waiting for a few weeks (out of stock) for a refurbished 9930 since the 9650 was discontinued OR get a Droid Incredible 2 with an extended battery because the regular batteries were out of stock within two days. Most of the people I knew had moved on to bigger touchscreen phones. I was addicted to a phone (which I now know was not the case) so I opted for something that I could have right away: the Droid.

Needless to say, I took for granted the features that BlackBerry offered me and it came back as a nag while using Android. Android has some FiOS apps and allowed me to watch Dailymotion on the go. What Android did not have was a red light, holster, plus that snug feel the phone was efficient AND made for me. Also, I was mad that every time I went to fish for the Droid in my pocket I was bumpering incoming calls. I considered Windows Phone but the HTC Trophy was not compelling enough.

On my second round of BlackBerry, I am on the 9370 for the last 6 months and now with a Playbook (functioning as a mobile TV screen mostly) and I am loving it. I now know I am on crack(berry) and BlackBerry by Choice.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 01-08-13 at 11:41 PM. Reason: gr
    01-08-13 11:36 PM
568 ... 1617181920 ...