so after seeing the front page of this site, I have been thinking about sending in my spanking new Storm for a bit of a face lift. Has anybody done this and or have you heard of anybody who may have done this and had a good/bad experience ? I have visions of them being all Fry's Electronic computer guy's and rifling through my phone... of course I have a password set.. and it's not like I'm Gary Glitter and have anything to worry about.. but still.. Thanks in advance.
    01-11-09 09:48 PM
    You could do a full backup of your device then wipe it before you send it to them.

That would prevent them from going through your info.
    01-11-09 10:06 PM
    Question along hte same lines as the OP. I plan on getting the bold, or at least waiting until VZN gets their version of it. Anyway, I plan on getting the phone, and before I set up anything on the phone, software, contacts or whatever, I was going ot send it in for a color overhaul.

here are the questions.
    1-If I get it customized, and somehting goes wrong with the phone, will the customization void any warranty? Will the insurance cover anything?
    2-Do I need to have the phone activated before I send it?

Is there anything else I need to know? Will colorware send back the original parts?

Thanks In Advance

NUPE
    01-12-09 02:38 AM
    Question along hte same lines as the OP. I plan on getting the bold, or at least waiting until VZN gets their version of it. Anyway, I plan on getting the phone, and before I set up anything on the phone, software, contacts or whatever, I was going ot send it in for a color overhaul.

here are the questions.
    1-If I get it customized, and somehting goes wrong with the phone, will the customization void any warranty? Will the insurance cover anything?
    2-Do I need to have the phone activated before I send it?

Is there anything else I need to know? Will colorware send back the original parts?

Thanks In Advance

NUPE

Im 80% sure it will void warranty and no the phone doesn't have to be active.
    01-12-09 02:42 AM
    Im 80% sure it will void warranty and no the phone doesn't have to be active.
    It will void the warranty 100%, heck even removing/changing housing voids it
    01-12-09 03:43 AM
    I have a somewhat related question about Colorware. I'm contemplating sending my phone in for a make over. I was wondering if before I sent it could I take my SIM card out and use it in my old razr until it gets back?

Could I do that or no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:27 PM
    Yes, I took my sim out and put it in another phone to use while mine was at Colorware.

Colorware offers their own warranty for 1 year I believe, when you use their services.

They are a VERY professional company. I have had 2 phones done by them and will continue to with any new phones. It is a very fun experience and every penny is worth it IMO!
    01-12-09 05:48 PM
    Thanks a lot Nancy Drew. I appreciate the info!

01-12-09 05:55 PM
    Will colorware send back the original parts?

Thanks In Advance

NUPE
    Colorware uses the original parts. They don't replace them. They paint/whatever with your parts.
    01-12-09 06:11 PM
    Hey Nancy Drew, do you happen to have any pics of your Colorware phones? If not, that's fine. I just wanted to see a few before I fully committed to doing it.

01-12-09 06:36 PM
    I had my Curve painted by Colorware and when it arrived back to me, it was even more beautiful than I imagined! Everyone at Colorware is extremely professional and courteous. My Curve looks like it came directly from RIM. I am very with their work. You should have no worries about sending in your Blackberry.
    01-12-09 06:46 PM
    Here are some examples (mine included):

Blackberrys done by Colorwarepc.com
    01-12-09 06:55 PM
    Hey quad, how long did it take for your phone to come back?

01-12-09 06:58 PM
    Thanks for the link Nancy Drew! Great pics!

01-12-09 07:01 PM
    Hey quad, how long did it take for your phone to come back?

A couple of days. However, the Rapid Return only applies to the 8310, not the 8330. It was really tough to be without my berry for the couple of days.

01-13-09 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD