I want to purchase a curve and before I do want to be sure it will work with my college email address, we use outlook. IT dept. had said that treo's and Q's will sync with no problem sine they are microsoft windows based, they are not familiar with BB's. If I purchase the curve, in the end will I be able to receive emails from my .edu account some way? I have been reading the fourms and want to be sure if I bye the curve that there is some way to do this. I do not want to buy the curve and then realize that I cannot get work emails and am stuck without this option. I really do not want to get a treo or Q, not read many good things. Please point in the right direction.
    09-16-08 11:14 AM
    You should have no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 11:24 AM
    if there's a hitch, you can also just forward your email to the device's address as a worst case scenario.
    09-16-08 12:53 PM
    Do you guys use a Microsoft Exchange Server? If so, you can set up your e-mail through Outlook Web Access. That's how I do it for my work e-mail.
    09-16-08 12:57 PM
    If he uses an exchange server he'll have to get BES right? Just forward your mail to gmail and have your outlook acount delete all forwarded messages. That is what i do with my .edu acount because i don't want to be bothered with replying from 3 different email addresses.
    09-16-08 03:33 PM
    If he uses an exchange server he'll have to get BES right? Just forward your mail to gmail and have your outlook acount delete all forwarded messages. That is what i do with my .edu acount because i don't want to be bothered with replying from 3 different email addresses.
    You don't have to use a BES to get your e-mail through Exchange. You can set your BlackBerry up to receive e-mail through Outlook Web Access. There is a thread on the forums somewhere on how you can do this.

EDIT: It's not instantaneous. I usually have a 5-10 minute delay on the e-mails I get through it.
    09-16-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD