I feel sorry for you if you think people are celebrating that BlackBerry is failing. Most of the users you named wants BlackBerry to succeed and they have no problem pointing out where BlackBerry have gone wrong. If only BlackBerry read these forums and listened to these users things may have been different.

Posted via CB10
    Firstly: Some people most certainly are celebrating BlackBerry's troubles. I've seen this first hand. I wasn't, however, claiming that those users I listed were even hoping for BlackBerry to die out; they are just so incredibly negative about everything the company does, regardless of whether it is a good thing or not.

Secondly: If you had paid any sort of attention while reading my post, instead of immediately claiming that I'm crying foul, you would have noticed that I was very quick to acknowledge the faults of BlackBerry. My complaint wasn't that they were pointing out were BlackBerry went wrong, it was how they point it out.

So ignoring the truth somehow helps Blackberry? Wearing rose colored glasses will flip the scales on iPhone and Android? Being a cheerleader will somehow help your team win?

Some of us have been Blackberry users for a long time. We have watched a once great company implode with no one to blame but themselves. They had multiple chances to reverse this negative trend but chose to look the other way, ignore the market, and lie to its fans. But you're right, we should go away. Wow.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Nah, bud...it is all about the way that one goes about reporting on the truth. I'm never going to deny that many of the decisions at BlackBerry were atrocious.

I was just saying that people come on here and purposely report specific parts of the truth with the purpose of antagonising and belittling the company or its fans.

I never said pretend that the mistakes weren't there. One should just not be a complete ja****s about it.

I'm not a fanboy but am certainly an objective fan as you can see in my own synopsis of the problem taken from my earlier post.:

BB was arrogant. They believed that proper marketing wasn't necessary for their new platform. They believed that the other manufacturers had nothing going for them and everybody would just jump onto their new, overpriced platform.

Also, if you read my post; you would see that I was telling the fanboys to leave as well...so well done for doing exactly what I expected you to do: "Spin the reality to antagonise".

I know that a few of the people being negative on here; like MarsupilamiX, Bold_Until_Hybrid_Comes and a few more; are actually fans of the platform and want it to succeed. The problem is that instead of being objective about it and approaching the situation from both sides of the fence, they usually go for the pessimistic approach.

Now I understand that it is one's constitutional right to be as cynical and pessimistic as possible wherever they are; but please, a little courtesy goes a long way...

I've got no problem pointing fingers becase I feel that I'm being fair with what I'm saying and I want to believe that these people can man-up (or umm woman-up, I guess) and take responsibility for their behaviour.

I'm not pretending that I haven't been a d**k on these forums before, but I'm human. However, I think you'll find that most, if not all, of my posts are fair and objective.

PS: Yeah, I'm a saint and it's best nobody disputes that, lest they lost an eye.
    12-30-13 08:08 PM
    Do you have solutions or do you only whine.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    It's not my job, nor yours, to find solutions for blackberrys failures. If I fall down, I don't expect you to get me up. It is a billion dollar company that has made some of the dumbest moves ever. Why is that my problem and why should I be positive about that?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    12-30-13 08:14 PM
    All the BlackBerry bashing was part of what got me to try it. I figured that they must have gotten something very right to have inspired such a massive (in my opinion what looks like a concerted) attack against them.

Boy, did that theory turn out to be true! BB10 is outstanding, remarkable, head-and-shoulders above the pack! The competition must be sweating bullets because they have a lot of catching up to do.

Anyways, point is, as they say in showbiz, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." Just a matter of time before this catches on.

BB10 = Too Dang Good to Fail
    Wow, well done sir...wish more people had your same curiosity

Posted using my beloved Z30
    12-30-13 08:16 PM
    Firstly: Some people most certainly are celebrating BlackBerry's troubles. I've seen this first hand. I wasn't, however, claiming that those users I listed were even hoping for BlackBerry to die out; they are just so incredibly negative about everything the company does, regardless of whether it is a good thing or not.

Secondly: If you had paid any sort of attention while reading my post, instead of immediately claiming that I'm crying foul, you would have noticed that I was very quick to acknowledge the faults of BlackBerry. My complaint wasn't that they were pointing out were BlackBerry went wrong, it was how they point it out.

Nah, bud...it is all about the way that one goes about reporting on the truth. I'm never going to deny that many of the decisions at BlackBerry were atrocious.

I was just saying that people come on here and purposely report specific parts of the truth with the purpose of antagonising and belittling the company or its fans.

I never said pretend that the mistakes weren't there. One should just not be a complete ja****s about it.

I'm not a fanboy but am certainly an objective fan as you can see in my own synopsis of the problem taken from my earlier post.:

BB was arrogant. They believed that proper marketing wasn't necessary for their new platform. They believed that the other manufacturers had nothing going for them and everybody would just jump onto their new, overpriced platform.

Also, if you read my post; you would see that I was telling the fanboys to leave as well...so well done for doing exactly what I expected you to do: "Spin the reality to antagonise".

I know that a few of the people being negative on here; like MarsupilamiX, Bold_Until_Hybrid_Comes and a few more; are actually fans of the platform and want it to succeed. The problem is that instead of being objective about it and approaching the situation from both sides of the fence, they usually go for the pessimistic approach.

Now I understand that it is one's constitutional right to be as cynical and pessimistic as possible wherever they are; but please, a little courtesy goes a long way...

I've got no problem pointing fingers becase I feel that I'm being fair with what I'm saying and I want to believe that these people can man-up (or umm woman-up, I guess) and take responsibility for their behaviour.

I'm not pretending that I haven't been a d**k on these forums before, but I'm human. However, I think you'll find that most, if not all, of my posts are fair and objective.

PS: Yeah, I'm a saint and it's best nobody disputes that, lest they lost an eye.
    Thank you for telling us all what to do. Have you read the forum rules? Where does it say "always be positive or thou shalt be kicked out!"?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 12-30-13 at 08:40 PM.
    12-30-13 08:17 PM
    Wow, well done sir...wish more people had your same curiosity

Posted using my beloved Z30
    That is an issue Blackberry wishes they could fix.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    12-30-13 08:18 PM
    It's not my job, nor yours, to find solutions for blackberrys failures. If I fall down, I don't expect you to get me up. It is a billion dollar company that has made some of the dumbest moves ever. Why is that my problem and why should I be positive about that?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    It's not my job either... you don't think about solutions to problems ? The other day you said I don't seek knowledge. Yea right.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 08:27 PM
    It's not my job either... you don't think about solutions to problems ? The other day you said I don't seek knowledge. Yea right.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Do you work for BlackBerry? I seek the solutions to problems in the health care industry. That takes enough of my time and talent. I expect those in other industries to take care of their own. Blackberry did not. I'm waiting for them to recover but I will not help them....................

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    12-30-13 08:39 PM
    Do you work for BlackBerry? I seek the solutions to problems in the health care industry. That takes enough of my time and talent. I expect those in other industries to take care of their own. Blackberry did not. I'm waiting for them to recover but I will not help them....................

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I don't work for BlackBerry. I do know people that do. And I've worked near it. It's also my field of work since computer science is broad.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 08:41 PM
    Thank you for telling us all what to do. Have you read the forum rules? Where does it say "always be positive or thou shalt be kicked out!"?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Seriously? Did you miss the following bit?:

I'm really trying to be nice about this...I'm ASKING people to be nice. It is not an ultimatum, nor is it a threat. Why are you taking it that way?

Did I swear fire and brimstone down upon anybody who isn't the peachiest of peachies to everyone else? No, I didn't.

You're seeming incredibly self-important here...for somebody whose time and talent is eaten up so efficaciously by their work in the health care industry, you seem to have an inordinate amount of it to waste on a forum dedicated to a platform other than that of your device's.

You're actually just embarrassing yourself...

You've successfully devolved this thread into an argument about your self-importance and your justification for your utter unwillingness to provide any support whatsoever to objectiveness or fairness.

There is no reason to go back on topic. This thread should be closed.
    12-30-13 08:57 PM
    Believe it or not, I believe in the product too. So much so that I bought both the Z10 and Q10. But unlike your definition of "fan", I care enough to express my honest views about the product, warts and all in the hopes that BBRY figures it out.

True, many companies have been in the same boat as BBRY is in today. Unfortunately, for every company that turned things around there are far more that have failed. Blindly believing that BBRY will be one of those that will turn things around won't make that happen. In fact, it is counterproductive.

The only winners so far in the BBRY slow motion implosion have been company executives such as Thorsten Heins who got/will get a massive payout for his total and complete failure and John Chen who got/will get a massive payout.

Employees have lost their jobs.

Millions of BB users have been let down and have migrated to other OS's.

Investors (except the very lucky few) have seen their investments wiped out.
    I don't recall giving a definition of a "fan"?
    I also didn't mean to imply you didn't believe in the product?
    I'll try and say this again. (no need to read between the lines)
    Whatever the case, I believe in BB10.
    I believe in the employees that worked so hard to make an amazing operating system. I realize the management screwed things up royally.......but I believe in BB10.
    That's my view....my view only...nothing to do with anyone else's views. Simple and non judgemental towards anyone.
    Anyway....Happy New year to you and everyone else on here. All the Best in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:47 PM

I saw you as attempting to name and shame people who actually want BlackBerry to succeed. Your post explains that's not what you were doing.

However with those named users I have seen some very good posts about what BlackBerry needs to do and how to do it. But within these forums there are far too many people willing to outright lie or smear and the majority of realistic posts tend to have to be negative.
    It's hard to put any positive spin on BlackBerry these days because of the dire situation that they are in. I've always said from day one that they overpriced their BlackBerry 10 phones and I got called a fool for it.
    I'd love for some sort of BlackBerry comeback so I can start being positive again, but right now I'm negative because BlackBerry has given me, a BlackBerry fan, nothing to be proud of.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:16 AM
    Well, on that note they seem to like Chen this week http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/08/tech...hen/index.html

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 01:38 PM
137 ... 456