Watch the video. There are still some who love Blackberry in the US despite what Apple and Android users want to tell you.

Microsoft Surface tablet goes on sale for $499 - CNN.com
    sk8er_tor, zyben and Kingkracker like this.
    10-17-12 08:21 AM
    Too bad she didn't give a PlayBook plug in there as well. There's another person who is proud about their choice of BB.
    10-17-12 12:39 PM
    Watch the video. There are still some who love Blackberry in the US despite what Apple and Android users want to tell you.

Microsoft Surface tablet goes on sale for $499 - CNN.com
    Don't you guys ever get tired of irrational snipes at fantasy conspiracies?? Yeah....Apple and Android users made up the sales and marketshare numbers....
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-17-12 01:09 PM
    Don't you guys ever get tired of irrational snipes at fantasy conspiracies?? Yeah....Apple and Android users made up the sales and marketshare numbers....
    Not likely, since you don't seem to get tired of coming and being negative all the time - haven't read one positive comment from you in a month i have been coming here so you may want to practice before you preach.
    bitek, zyben, recompile and 1 others like this.
    10-17-12 06:18 PM
    Not likely, since you don't seem to get tired of coming and being negative all the time - haven't read one positive comment from you in a month i have been coming here so you may want to practice before you preach.
    This site needs some semblance of balance. Thank goodness not everyone here suffers from a hive mentality.
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-12 06:22 PM
    I don't recall taking any making irrational snipes that suggest fantasy conspiracies. Perhaps that's not what you meant: please try to be specific when replying to me.

As to your vague assertion about "positive/negative", without defining those terms specifically, your statement is meaningless, and my guess is, extremely subjective. My suggestion to you is that if you disagree with the content of any post I make, quote it, then specifically address that content. If you just make crass generalizations, it doesn't mean much, and as a result, there's no way I can meaningfully reply.

To be frank, it's equivalent to simply shouting "haterzzzz!!!"

In general, if you only want to hear opinions the same as your own, and you aren't willing to engage on content but instead merely label people and multiple posts with broad generalizations, a discussion forum will probably not be a good place for you....and certainly any forum like that is guaranteed to have no meaningful discourse!
    10-17-12 07:14 PM
    10-17-12 07:28 PM
    Its obvious there are paid trolls on CB . These people are here everyday to complain and bash RIM. mike007 I have to ask why are you on a blackberry fan site ? I am getting sick and tired of coming here and reading their useless negative posts. If you do not like blackberry that is fine but why do you come here on a fan site to complain?
    10-17-12 07:40 PM
    Good video, and that lady represent the market that still wants a keyboard. Also, like many are going to get the surface because is something new and modern that comes with a keyboard, I believe many are going to love the BB 10 when they see the OS and it comes with a keyboard.
    10-17-12 07:46 PM
    Its obvious there are paid trolls on CB . These people are here everyday to complain and bash RIM. mike007 I have to ask why are you on a blackberry fan site ? I am getting sick and tired of coming here and reading their useless negative posts. If you do not like blackberry that is fine but why do you come here on a fan site to complain?
    Serious question. Why not just put him/her/them on ignore?

(yes, I know that's in my sig)
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-12 07:51 PM
    Serious question. Why not just put him/her/them on ignore?

(yes, I know that's in my sig)
    Thanks for the tip. Mr ridiculouslies there will realize sooner or later why I don't respond to his brain-dead posts anymore.
    10-17-12 07:54 PM
    Come on now people. It's one thing to question the specific content of someone's post. It's another thing to just make allegations, and attacks about an individual based on vague generalizations and rhetoric about that person.
    10-17-12 08:11 PM
    Of course people could ask if RIM pays you to blast everyone who disagrees with your position.
    It does seem that you have a "us against them" bunker mentality, attacking everyone who disagrees with the "everything is great" mantra.
    mikeo007, richardat and Rello like this.
    10-17-12 08:14 PM
    Off Topic but, has any of you guys seen the YouTube video by ADoseOfBuckley titled Brand Loyalty. It's about a year old but the over all message I find, interesting.
    10-17-12 08:29 PM
    Don't be such Debbie Downers!
    CNN on Surface and Blackberry comes up.-debbie-downer.jpg
    sleepngbear likes this.
    10-17-12 09:57 PM
    Apple used to pay me $5.00 per post here to bash the hopes of all RIM fans. But that ended last year when I got laid off and replaced by 12 year old interns.
    10-17-12 10:01 PM
    Apple used to pay me $5.00 per post here to bash the hopes of all RIM fans. But that ended last year when I got laid off and replaced by 12 year old interns.
    In all fairness, those interns looked at least 14...
    simu31 and sleepngbear like this.
    10-17-12 10:13 PM
    Of course people could ask if RIM pays you to blast everyone who disagrees with your position.
    It does seem that you have a "us against them" bunker mentality, attacking everyone who disagrees with the "everything is great" mantra.
    I also that the..."realists" tend to get into a lot more interesting, thoughtful, multi-faceted conversations about the topics....what's really odd is some of the other group, simply reply to posts with the exact same rhetoric....they simply ignore any actual reply, and the conversation never goes anywhere....then 5, 10, 20 pages later....others jump in repeating the same things found in the original post....I guess the lattter is just due to people not reading the thread, and simply responding as if they are the first ones. Sometimes they look pretty foolish repeating statements that were already debunked!

In any case what's funny is that on the subject of paid shills....I sometimes wonder if some of the biggest enthusiasts are shills! LOL. (or trolls). A REALLY SMART paid shill would not post realistic things about RIM, or even bash RIM! The smartest person would simply RAH RAH RIM...along with the other extremists! Inside he'd be laughing, and he'd realize that the only people he's aiding are the most extreme fanatics, who wouldn't change their minds no matter what! On the other hand, the rhetoric makes the whole group look foolish, and it turns off everyone else!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-17-12 11:33 PM
    Think of how awesome the Surface would be if it were made by Apple, ran OS X (not iOS), and the foldout keyboard came included as Microsoft is seriously leading people to believe it is?

In all seriousness, we don't know how the Surface will do, but I'll say that I won't be surprised if it sells better than the PlayBook (which, let's face it, wouldn't be hard). I gave up on using Microsoft products after I've seen two high end Dell computers I've had get slower and slower for no real reason. I know I sure as he11 wouldn't touch a Windows Phone 8 device, and I'm not the least bit interested in the Surface. But I know there are legions of diehard PC/Windows people out there, whose loathing of Apple alone will drive them to buy this beast.

One more thing: It gets old hearing people say, "I gotta admit, I'm still a BlackBerry user," which goes hand-in-hand with that New York Times article. I really think most people think of BlackBerry as still looking like the Curve 8320 or 8700c or something. If for some sick reason I were engaged in some weird, shallow best-looking phone contest with my friends, I would have no problem entering either my black or white 9900. Androids essentially look like the same thing dressed up in slightly modified black/dark blue/white plastic. The only Androids who truly look different are Motorola's RAZR line. Some of them look nice. Not sure which ones, because there are now even too many RAZR variations to remember (my last Motorola product was the RAZR flip phone in 2005). RIM didn't really have commercials for the Bold 9900/9930. None that showed how nice looking it is, the browser, the "integrated" Twitter and Facebook experience which seems to be a huge deal, though I'm so used to it, I just assumed the iPhone and Androids had it too. Not even the overall functionality of the phone, which is greatly improved because of the touchscreen was ever shown in a BlackBerry Bold 99xx commercial (though I do CLEARLY remember a commercial about a lady who owns a cupcake store in Pasadena, which is nice and all, but is the exact thing that is/was(?) wrong with RIM's marketing).

Anyways, I still love my BlackBerry and if I were a host of that show, I'd have it out on my desk with me, or maybe my PlayBook because that thing is useful as he11 yet no one knows about this RIM product either.
    10-18-12 12:03 AM
    I also that the..."realists" tend to get into a lot more interesting, thoughtful, multi-faceted conversations about the topics....what's really odd is some of the other group, simply reply to posts with the exact same rhetoric....they simply ignore any actual reply, and the conversation never goes anywhere....then 5, 10, 20 pages later....others jump in repeating the same things found in the original post....I guess the lattter is just due to people not reading the thread, and simply responding as if they are the first ones. Sometimes they look pretty foolish repeating statements that were already debunked!

In any case what's funny is that on the subject of paid shills....I sometimes wonder if some of the biggest enthusiasts are shills! LOL. (or trolls). A REALLY SMART paid shill would not post realistic things about RIM, or even bash RIM! The smartest person would simply RAH RAH RIM...along with the other extremists! Inside he'd be laughing, and he'd realize that the only people he's aiding are the most extreme fanatics, who wouldn't change their minds no matter what! On the other hand, the rhetoric makes the whole group look foolish, and it turns off everyone else!
    Like that one ? ^^
    zyben likes this.
    10-18-12 08:55 AM
    Like that one ? ^^
    Not sure which one you're referring to, but yes, there are definitely examples of some of the extreme purporting-to-be-pro-RIM POSTS on active threads right now, including in this thread! I don't know if any shlls are in reality, that clever, but if they are, and they read this....well...I can't say they have my respect, but their methods are....impressive.
    10-18-12 09:47 AM
    Jumping into a thread IMHO to argue about someones motivation is pointless and NOT what I'd say is constructive or enlightening. Just sayin.

What does this even mean?
    "Not sure which one you're referring to, but yes, there are definitely examples of some of the extreme purporting-to-be-pro-RIM POSTS on active threads right now"

When you previously said this:
    "Don't you guys ever get tired of irrational snipes at fantasy conspiracies?? Yeah....Apple and Android users made up the sales and marketshare numbers...."

What is wrong with what the OP posted or said? I personally agree with him that not all people want an Apple/Android etc device and the lady publicly stated her very sound reason for preferring BB.
    10-18-12 10:04 AM
    I just find this funny that the news was on microsoft tablet and she spent more time advertising blackberry and her love for bb keyboard.
    10-18-12 02:46 PM
    no matter what you say whether negative or positive theres always someone that will click reply with quote and dispute you. I've gotten use to it
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    10-18-12 11:42 PM
    no matter what you say whether negative or positive theres always someone that will click reply with quote and dispute you. I've gotten use to it
    I disagree...
    10-18-12 11:54 PM
34 12