I have to watch CNN international most of the day as it's the only English speaking channel I have at the moment ( I know it sucks). So building up to the iPhone release I had to watch a Damn countdown to the event and then full coverage of said event. On the days up to and on the day of BlackBerry's Passport release,,,,,,,crickets!!!!! Nothing!!!!! Nothing at all, not even a ticker tape mention of the event or the phone.

Then today, 2 days later of course, BlackBerry gets mentioned on CNN, but NOT about the release of their innovative new phone, nope, the only thing they mention is that they're stock will open lower than expected because of the $207 million loss!!! It's amazing to watch this unfold like this, it feels like purposeful neglect and active reporting of only negative points related to BlackBerry.

It's an uphill battle to say the least.

EDIT: 5 minutes after posting this, while watching CNN, they now mention a small segment coming up about the release of new "square" phone and if it can save BlackBerry. This should be interesting!

EDIT 2: So the segment was pretty good showing off the phone a lot and talking about productivity and the giant screen and touch keyboard. BUT, then the live discussion happened and they trashed the company's chances of reclaiming any market share. They said their best hope is that big governments don't jump ship and switch to iPhone because there is no hope that Jennifer Lawrence will leave Apple for BlackBerry because of security! Now they are talking about iPhone and that this "bendgate" is simply an over exaggerated issue. Unbelievable, it continues, they now said that we should feel sorry for Apple because they have been attacked in social media over "bendgate" and software glitches iOS-8, well excuse my language but, F*#$@ me!!!

Robertino BB-Z10
    Last edited by Robertino BB-Z10; 09-26-14 at 08:59 AM.
    09-26-14 08:35 AM
    I see nothing wrong with it. Apple is news, BlackBerry is not. It has nothing to do with bias.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-26-14 08:38 AM
    Yeah. The American media seriously sucks; mostly. And the rest do too because they follow the American media as well. Including the dumb Canadians. Though bnn seems to be doing a better job.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:39 AM
    I understand what the OP is saying. I notice the same thing on some of the coverage such as the Today Show. No mention either of the problems Apple has been having including the Shellshock Bash virus threat that is aimed towards Mac and Linux. But I am not surprised. I see more coverage on the Guardian and Reuters in regards to the Passport and it has been positive.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    lift likes this.
    09-26-14 08:43 AM
    Then why mention the possible stock loss if no one cares about BlackBerry and it's not news? In that same breath they could have at least mentioned the release of their new innovative phone as a last ditch effort to save the company.

Robertino BB-Z10
    spikesolie and 1raygin like this.
    09-26-14 08:43 AM
    This is CNN were talking about here. The network that will spend six to nine months covering the tray von martin case and trial yet not a peep about hundreds of murders happening in Detroit...they're a joke and they're ratings show it.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-26-14 08:50 AM
    I see nothing wrong with it. Apple is news, BlackBerry is not. It has nothing to do with bias.

Yes and a lot of bad press press lately for apple (OS issues, Bending, etc.). I would like to believe that no news is good news as BlackBerry continues its come back!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-26-14 08:57 AM
    CNN Bias.-img_20140926_095915.png

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:59 AM

It's biased! Who weight things? Money on media!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:02 AM

If Blackberry is not news, then why are they reporting the loss?

Funny how if it was a gain, I guarantee you would hear nothing from them.

Posted via CB10
    lift, H_O_Boomaye and raino like this.
    09-26-14 09:09 AM
    Lol...

CNN Bias.-img_20140926_102035.png

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    09-26-14 09:21 AM
    Because ----- Canadian Company .
    If Blackberry is not news, then why are they reporting the loss?

Funny how if it was a gain, I guarantee you would hear nothing from them.

Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    They want people to sell so they can buy cheap

Third eye bro

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp and Nayalm like this.
    Yes and a lot of bad press press lately for apple (OS issues, Bending, etc.). I would like to believe that no news is good news as BlackBerry continues its come back!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    Absolutely. To think that BlackBerry is going to get the same amount of positive press at this time is unrealistic. It is actually a Crackberry bias to think otherwise. Give it time.

Nayalm and sentimentGX4 like this.
    09-26-14 09:58 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140926_095915.png 
Views:	1628 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	300663

Posted via CB10
    This is what matters, not personal feelings.

09-26-14 09:59 AM
    Absolutely. To think that BlackBerry is going to get the same amount of positive press at this time is unrealistic. It is actually a Crackberry bias to think otherwise. Give it time.

I understand they will not get as much press, but not even a mention on release day? The US President uses a BlackBerry for crying out loud, they should have at the very least ticker taped it, at least 1 time throughout that day!

Robertino BB-Z10
    lift likes this.
    09-26-14 10:02 AM
    I understand they will not get as much press, but not even a mention on release day? The US President uses a BlackBerry for crying out loud, they should have at the very least ticker taped it, at least 1 time throughout that day!

Robertino BB-Z10
    The President uses a completely different BlackBerry than you and I. I don't know what to tell you. I have seen a lot of press online, much of it positive. If you want I will call Erin Burnett and have here parade out in front of your house. I believe she still uses a BlackBerry. LOL.

09-26-14 10:07 AM
    It also has to do with these on-air personalities being paid to flap their yaps, and with more people having a semi-religious view of Apple products, that is where they will go to keep their ratings up. And, either they may not know any better or they don't care.
    09-26-14 10:10 AM
    It also has to do with these on-air personalities being paid to flap their yaps, and with more people having a semi-religious view of Apple products, that is where they will go to keep their ratings up. And, either they may not know any better or they don't care.
    It has to do with networks wanting to make money. They cover the stories the majority of their audience wants to see.

09-26-14 10:17 AM
    BlackBerry has lost a lot of momentum in the smartphone industry that they have fallen in last place. It was good thing they decided to make keyboard less devices on the initial BB10 devices but failing to continue with this will only hurt them in the long with only 1% of the smartphone's in the world having a QWERTY physical keyboard. My guess is BlackBerry is happy to hang on to that 1% and doesn't want to be the leaders of the smartphone market anymore. (This is a question CrackBerry should be asking John Chen)

Seeing there are battery problems with the Passport suggests BlackBerry has a long ways to go before they are out of the woods, lets just hope they don't go down in flames first.
    09-26-14 10:17 AM
    Why the media should care about a company that has less than 1% of market share?
    09-26-14 10:42 AM
    TgeekB, you are absolutely correct! They are in business to make money. Minimize their loss and maximize their profits. This is the reason, CNN never be number one network. To me, if BlackBerry Passport sold out within hours of release, it succeed its goal. 200,000 sold within days is mind-boggling. Why it is mind-boggling of 200,000 sold within days? Because the media and so many people were very negative toward Passport, but the people who spent more time with the device, love it very much.

It has to do with networks wanting to make money. They cover the stories the majority of their audience wants to see.

09-26-14 10:46 AM
    Why the media should care about a company that has less than 1% of market share?
    The media's job is to report objectively and without regard to personal bias. BlackBerry is still a very relevant company in enterprise and the release of the Passport was a newsworthy event. How well it does remains to be seen. If CNN wants to offer commentary it should be left to one of their opinion shows, and not on the news portion.

But, CNN really has not been relevant in the US in ages. Regularly comes in last in cable ratings. Unless you are in an airport, or traveling internationally, us yanks don't see it too much.
    09-26-14 10:52 AM
    TgeekB, you are absolutely correct! They are in business to make money. Minimize their loss and maximize their profits. This is the reason, CNN never be number one network. To me, if BlackBerry Passport sold out within hours of release, it succeed its goal. 200,000 sold within days is mind-boggling. Why it is mind-boggling of 200,000 sold within days? Because the media and so many people were very negative toward Passport, but the people who spent more time with the device, love it very much.
    The iphone 6 sold 10 million the first couple days. Look, I'm glad the Passport is doing well. If Blackberry keeps doing what is necessary they will be back in the news often. But if you ask the average person (not on Crackberry) if they want to see news about Apple or BlackBerry there is no doubt what the answer will be. Be patient and keep personal feelings out of the equation.

Now how about we quit making so many negative threads on Crackberry, or are we trying to be just like the press? Think about it.

sentimentGX4, Blue787 and mmcfly23 like this.
    09-26-14 10:59 AM
    The President uses a completely different BlackBerry than you and I. I don't know what to tell you. I have seen a lot of press online, much of it positive. If you want I will call Erin Burnett and have here parade out in front of your house. I believe she still uses a BlackBerry. LOL.

Yes, the President uses a completely different BlackBerry, I know that, you know that, but most everyone else in general has no clue! It's still a BlackBerry.

Robertino BB-Z10
    09-26-14 11:10 AM
61 123