BBM has a lot of catching up to do. Good thing BBM has voice call now, a prime feature WhatsApp doesn't have. BBM should market the hell out of the voice calling. I've used it several times and it's super clear calling from Asia to Canada

WhatsApp grows to half a billion users - CNET

Snippet from the story: Now that WhatsApp has 500 million monthly active users, up from 450 million in February, it seems clear that Zuckerberg is right about one thing: the app is on the path to reach over 1 billion people sooner rather than later.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-22-14 09:44 PM
    BBM has a lot of catching up to do. Good thing BBM has voice call now, a prime feature WhatsApp doesn't have. BBM should market the hell out of the voice calling. I've used it several times and it's super clear calling from Asia to Canada

Snippet from the story: Now that WhatsApp has 500 million monthly active users, up from 450 million in February, it seems clear that Zuckerberg is right about one thing: the app is on the path to reach over 1 billion people sooner rather than later.
    So what will the marketing be about?

"We have voice calling just like Viber, Line, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Yahoo, ChatOn, Nimbuzz Messenger, etc."?
    Drew808 and Raddin like this.
    04-22-14 10:00 PM
    I think I personally have 5 of those accounts. Bit of a joke actually as I haven't used it once. BBM Is simply for what I need.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:51 PM
    Whatsapp is apparently gaining a calling featue aswell
    04-22-14 11:40 PM
    Whatsapp is apparently gaining a calling featue aswell
    I'm not surprised. It was gonna happen sooner or later.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 11:46 PM

I don't think those are "active users".

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 12:43 AM
    I don't think those are "active users".

Posted via CB10
    Agree.
    I myself have used maybe 7 or 8 accounts in the past 3 years.
    Methinks they're creating hype with hype.

Posted via CB10 on my lovely z30 B)
    04-23-14 05:35 AM
    How many are active users!?

? Slicing using my ?
    04-23-14 06:05 AM
    Agree.

True, and when we say the BBM user count people over here start saying those are not active.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 06:05 AM
    True, and when we say the BBM user count people over here start saying those are not active.

Posted via CB10
    it is 500 million active user....if you use whatsapp once a month it still being counted as active user...it is the sameway to count BBM active user

if you count daily user it is different things in february while whatsapp announce they have 450 million users their daily user aproximately around 320 million...

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...lion-user-mark

Agree.

if you have 7-8 whatsapp account but you are not using it you only being count as registered user (the number are not published by whatsapp)

but if you at least using all your account once a month then all of your account being count as 7-8 active user..

BBM have 113 million registered user but only 85 million active user, no information about BBM daily user number...
    Last edited by garnok; 04-23-14 at 06:22 AM.
    04-23-14 06:11 AM