Why haven't we heard about the CMO being changed? I can't remember his name but "Boubien?" I think has been pretty ineffective....is he still with blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:52 AM
    Chen has already pointed that he needs help on marketing

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:53 AM
    Off with boublen's head. Nothing but a disaster
    11-07-13 11:49 AM
    You know...generally I don't play nationality cards, but I think they really needed an American in this role.
    bbq10l and h20work like this.
    11-07-13 11:51 AM
    The whole marketing department should be ashamed of themselves and should go!
    11-07-13 11:52 AM
    Didn't he come from tmobile???

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 12:15 PM
    I got the best marketing theme:

BlackBerry, professionals only.

You gotta sell the life style, not the product. Lesson 1 of how Apple markets their toys.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 02:13 PM
    Good old frank should have been shown the door ages ago. How he has a job at blackbery still is beyond me. HE is totally useless in his role.

Unless all the worthless old dogs are kicked to the curb the same mindset will still be stuck in blackberry's 2000's way of thinking. Start fresh with people with actual talent and are qualified for the role.

Anyone seen Alicia Keys lately? Farking joke that was...
    11-07-13 02:17 PM
    There could be endless debates on advertising strategies, especially in this case with what has to be overcome!
    One thing that's for certain is that BB10's failure to succeed can in a large part be blamed on the useless advertising! Frank's gotta go!

'Let's Rock'n Roll this' with someone who actually knows what that means!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 02:55 PM
    This should be priority #1

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    11-07-13 03:42 PM
    This should be priority #1

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    Well said Field...For the love of God !!!
    50% of the reason why Z10 did not sell.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:58 PM
    You have all this poverty in the world, and then you see someone getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per pay period to be a complete and utter failure. It amazes me.
    R Field likes this.
    11-07-13 04:02 PM
    Why haven't we heard about the CMO being changed? I can't remember his name but "Boubien?" I think has been pretty ineffective....is he still with blackberry?
    Posted via CB10
    He needs to go about 9 months ago.
    11-07-13 04:10 PM
    Didn't he come from tmobile???

Posted via CB10
    EVP Strategy, Marketing and Sales at LightSquared

He escaped that mess - LightSquared - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    11-07-13 04:20 PM
    I'm sure its just a matter of time. Question I have is did Blackberry fail because Marketing wasn't given enough resources, did they fail because they were inept or was it a combo of the two. I think its the latter.

Now, going forward the new strategy needs to be revealed before they get the marketing team on board. What ever they decide they do, that will be the premis behind what kind of marketing team they need to put in place. In the meatime, if I was Franky boy I would be getting my resume ready
    11-07-13 04:29 PM
    You know...generally I don't play nationality cards, but I think they really needed an American in this role.
    Careful, they will revoke your free health care for suggesting that
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    11-07-13 05:28 PM

You gotta sell the life style, not the product. Lesson 1 of how Apple markets their toys.

Posted via CB10
    They tried that (very unsuccessfully) with the "tools not toys" campaign.

They need a campaign to reintroduce themselves to the world.

Kia reinvented their brand, and are not afraid to announce the fact.

11-07-13 05:36 PM
    Frank Boulben would be the first person I would fire if I were the new BlackBerry CEO. His team completely botched the marketing efforts during the BB10 launch and has been nothing but a disaster.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    11-07-13 05:50 PM
    I have a friend in BlackBerry marketing and hopefully Frank is taking the subway or a cab to work and not a private car....

Seriously though Marketing had their work cut out for them when the first phones / software was still not ready for prime time...and with the heads if companies (yes I know of two) who came into the office with their own Z10 and could not hook it up ad the company did not have BES10 yet. BES10 should have been out much earlier.

That being said I ran into another friend this week with his brand new Q10 company issued...whole company was getting new BlackBerry phones...very conservative Canadian financial company....it takes time for these big companies to adopt new technology.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:25 PM
    They tried that (very unsuccessfully) with the "tools not toys" campaign.

They need a campaign to reintroduce themselves to the world.

Kia reinvented their brand, and are not afraid to announce the fact.

That's similar to Kevin's stories on BlackBerry. Kevin wrote what could have been a commercial for BlackBerry about a chubby guy who had a girlfriend who liked him because he was a good listener but then she left him for a hotter guy and missed the qualities her chubby boyfriend had. The chubby boy then went off to get fit and when the girl saw how he changed she went back to him. BlackBerry in this story would be the chubby guy and the other would be the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:27 PM
    That's similar to one of Kevin's stories on BlackBerry. Kevin wrote what could have been a commercial for BlackBerry about a chubby guy who had a girlfriend who liked him because he was a good listener but then she left him for a hotter guy and missed the qualities her chubby boyfriend had. The chubby boy then went off to get fit and when the girl saw how he changed she went back to him. BlackBerry in this story would be the chubby guy and the other would be the iPhone.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:28 PM
    +infinty

I know many refuse to give Boulben the flac he deserves, even going so far as to make excuses for him. It's that enabling of incompetence and (pardon my language) dumbf#$kery that will sink any real chance of a BB10 turnaround from the blackhole they're almost in.

He needs to go and thank the stars if anyone would even hire him for selling girl scout cookies.
    R Field likes this.
    11-07-13 06:39 PM
    I have a friend in BlackBerry marketing and hopefully Frank is taking the subway or a cab to work and not a private car....

Seriously though Marketing had their work cut out for them when the first phones / software was still not ready for prime time...and with the heads if companies (yes I know of two) who came into the office with their own Z10 and could not hook it up ad the company did not have BES10 yet. BES10 should have been out much earlier.

That being said I ran into another friend this week with his brand new Q10 company issued...whole company was getting new BlackBerry phones...very conservative Canadian financial company....it takes time for these big companies to adopt new technology.

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 was like the PlayBook. Neither were really ready for the market, and BlackBerry did a half arsed launch for both. I don't put blame squarly on the marketing department, it's obvious the higher ups didn't want to waste the money.

Months later, and the Z30 is finally released with zero fan fair. It and it's os are something bbry can finally market yet they choose not to. It's an acceptable product with a much better version of bb10.
    11-07-13 06:40 PM

He needs to go and thank the stars if anyone would even hire him for selling girl scout cookies.
    If he sold girl scout cookies everyone in America would lose ten pounds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    11-07-13 06:41 PM

For a "professional" it would help if you started by spelling lifestyle correctly...just sayin'
    By the bye, that whole "Tools not Toys" thing didn't work, won't work and should be buried for good.
    11-07-13 10:39 PM