I never downloaded a weather program but out of no where a cloud is on my main screen / apps page on my BB 8330 Curve. Ok since its there now Ill use it but it keeps saying the same degrees lol it dont update I truely dont even know what app it is.When I click on it - it takes me to Weather, 5 day forecast POWERED MY the weather network. these 5 days seem to up date why wont it updte on my main screen? hope some one can help. I did see a post like this before and I even replied but when I search I cant find

A, WHAT APP IS IT?
    B, WHERE DID IT COME FROM?
    C, HOW COME IT WONT UPDATE
    E, CAN I GET RID OF IT IF IT DONT UP DATE
    11-24-08 04:22 PM
    Its probably a push from your carrier. Check your service books and see if its listed there. You can delete the service book to get rid of it but it will get pushed back next time service books are sent. Or you can hide it and forget about it. Your choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 04:56 PM
    Push weather can be delivered in one of two ways: as a browser channel (an icon appears on your home screen), or as a message (that when opened, brings you to the push weather page). In either case, the way to stop it is the same.
    • Open the Push Weather page via the home screen icon or message
    • Select the link for Push Weather at the bottom of the Push Weather page
    • Scroll to the bottom of the Terms & Conditions page, and select "I accept"
    • The next page will be titled "Push Services", and will list the available services and subscribed locations, where you can add locations for a service, or edit/delete subscribed locations
    • Select "Delete" for the locations you want to delete

You may also need to open the browser, open your bookmarks page, and delete the browser channel if the push weather was being delivered by browser channel. It may delete on its own, but I don't remember.
    11-24-08 05:01 PM
    Thanks for your replies!and directions on how to unintall or hid n forget. But here's the thing I'd like to keep it but when I scroll over it its been the same temp for the last 3 days lol any help on this side of it?

11-24-08 11:42 PM
    I think I have it on auto update

11-24-08 11:42 PM
    If the icon and description aren't changing on the home screen, it sounds like it was pushed to your device (to get there in the first place), but is no longer being pushed. When you click on the icon it opens the push weather page with current information, even though the icon itself hasn't changed. I would suggest removing it as described above, and re-adding it. When you re-add it you should be given the choice of updating either once or twice daily.
    11-25-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD